Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is the USDT crashing? - page 4. (Read 1213 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 17, 2018, 01:27:46 PM
Nothing will happen with tether. This is a very convenient and useful coin in practice, if at all it can be called a full-fledged cryptocurrency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 17, 2018, 11:45:02 AM
There are a lot of reasons, of course she’s not alone, because all this is obviously accumulating and going into one big problem, so I’ll probably just say that the time of the USDT is over. But everything can come back
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
October 17, 2018, 11:37:07 AM
Only FUD has no online base, they argue that USDT is not transparently audited and can not be mortgaged in real dollars, so it can be removed from the exchange.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 103
♦♣♥♠
October 17, 2018, 11:27:19 AM

Guys, look carefully at the charts and you will understand that such ups and downs of prices are pure manipulation.
Activity: 278
Merit: 5
Invest and play
October 17, 2018, 07:54:56 AM
Since the  start of the crypto boom beginning last year, there is never a time Tether (USDT) has not been a headline! Allegations upon allegations on how USDT is been run and whether it has the Dollar in cash that it uses to hedge on $Bitcoin and other crypto assets that trade against it! Other people wonder how non transparent the Tether ecosystem is been operated, on several occassions people have insinuated that the recent rise in $Bitcoin's price may have been manipulated with the continous "Minting" and subsequent pumping of more Tether into the market, in all of these, no reports have proven whether Tether has at one time or the other been used to manipulate the market! Good thing is that we still have stable coins we can hedge on! All exchanges need to do is to add more stable coins to the pack.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
October 17, 2018, 07:54:15 AM
Stablecoins All Want to Be $1, But They're Not Worth the Same
https://www.coindesk.com/which-stablecoin-is-the-riskiest-the-crypto-market-is-pricing-that-in/

The market is starting to differentiate between stablecoins, even though these cryptocurrencies are all designed to trade 1-to-1 with fiat.

Several U.S. dollar-pegged cryptocurrencies are now trading either significantly higher or significantly lower than the greenback, reflecting investors' perceptions of their relative risk.

Given that stablecoins are typically used as on-ramps for investors looking to purchase bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, these premiums and discounts mean that customers may not be paying
bitcoin's "sticker price," as listed on a given exchange or data platform.

The new, more discriminating valuations began Monday morning, when the best-known stablecoin, tether (USDT), broke its peg, falling to a low of roughly $0.87. And while the price stabilized closer
to $1 over the next day or so, its market capitalization dropped significantly, indicating that tethers are being taken out of circulation.

Seems like most traders are dumping Tether for Gemini Dollars.
I think we will see a slow decline of marketcap for Tether and a slow increase of marketcap for other stablecoins over time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
October 17, 2018, 07:51:27 AM
We shouldn't be surprised. This is not the first time USDT has done this. Similar things happened many times before.
brand new
Activity: 0
October 17, 2018, 07:36:16 AM
Well, we can never know what the authority might do, but it might not possible for a single currency or coin to collapse the entire coin. Then again, if the rumour is going on that firmly, then it is better to be cautious, but in another point USDT isn't a regular or real kinda crypto.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 17, 2018, 07:48:44 AM
Some people say that the mission of the USDT was created to collapse.Why does OKex trade all large-scale USDT futures explosions? This caused the entire market to start exploding, and coins such as Bitcoin Ethereum rose rapidly, and BTC rose 13%. Is this situation beneficial to this market? Will the collapse of the USDT cause the entire market to collapse? What do you think will happen in the next situation?

I think usdt is not a really fiat converter, it's still a cryptocurrency too that can up and down normally.
Bitcoin sudden price pump that made tether price down i think
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
October 17, 2018, 07:45:49 AM
Tether is still crypto, even though it plays the role of a fiat equivalent. It has fluctuated in the past, and I'm sure it will continue to move away from the dollar peg from time to time. It is a good reminder to us all that you should not regard it as the same as fiat, and even when the market is falling it is still a risk to hold USDT for a long period of time.
Things are back to normal and we should not put too much pressure on Tether because most people keep USDT every time trading and investment demand is still high compared to the current. I personally believe Tether will still exist with Cryptocurrency and people need not worry about keeping this Fiat.
Activity: 34
October 17, 2018, 06:49:58 AM
There are a lot of variables to consider why the crash is even happening. One thing to keep in mind in a situation like this is to make sure you're getting the right information regarding the market as panicking or losing your cool won't do you any good. If you at the market right now BTC has risen in value. The most important thing right now is to keep an eye on the market and see what changes.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
October 17, 2018, 01:35:24 AM
Tether is still crypto, even though it plays the role of a fiat equivalent. It has fluctuated in the past, and I'm sure it will continue to move away from the dollar peg from time to time. It is a good reminder to us all that you should not regard it as the same as fiat, and even when the market is falling it is still a risk to hold USDT for a long period of time.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
October 17, 2018, 01:18:24 AM
To answer that question, I would say because tether (just like any other meaningful crypto) is subject to the dynamics of the market which is largely controlled by demand and supply. But honestly I would love for it to be stable around $1 to give the necessary anchor we drive from it during a falling market.
Activity: 26
October 16, 2018, 11:53:40 PM
Though the usdt hyas taken major blow and almost 25 percent of their price has gone down, it is unlikely it is their end. If the tether team comes up with an explanation, the investors will stop panicking, and ustd will regain its stability.
Activity: 364
Merit: 34
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
October 15, 2018, 10:58:07 PM
think Crypto USD and fiat USD are air bubbles

Perhaps, Crypto USD - I mean USDT, is an bubble, but USD is never. What are you thinking about when you said America's economy is a bubble? If yes, Earth is a big bubble. And the end of world will come soon.  Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
October 15, 2018, 04:26:45 PM
I think the end of USDT has come, there many controversy about Tether and the team are unable to bring out solid decision. They can't come out with solid convention that they have enough USD to back USDT.
after such conversations and forecasts, there is very little pressure on such projects that were considered very promising.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 15, 2018, 04:08:43 PM
I think the end of USDT has come, there many controversy about Tether and the team are unable to bring out solid decision. They can't come out with solid convention that they have enough USD to back USDT.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
October 15, 2018, 04:03:23 PM
A lot of speculation gives market crazy move. I think USDT will come back to life near soon. It seems like a planned action for my thinking. For now i choose to not move until i see in reality, What is happening ?
in any case, the real cryptocurrency equivalent of the dollar should be, because it is usdt that enables cryptocurrency users to wait out bad times in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
October 15, 2018, 04:02:57 PM
One of the reasons why usdt did a small flash crash was because of a fake binance news spreading that they will delist usdt because it's a big scam. I was wondering why binance would come out so raw like that about am asset. I later found out it was fake news. Many people already panic sold at 10% loss.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
October 15, 2018, 03:32:43 PM
A lot of speculation gives market crazy move. I think USDT will come back to life near soon. It seems like a planned action for my thinking. For now i choose to not move until i see in reality, What is happening ?
Pages:
Jump to: