Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Mark Zuckerberg wants no privacy - page 3. (Read 962 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 302
April 13, 2019, 02:22:10 AM
Seriously, FB is being marketed as a privacy watchdog now?  Grin

There's a big difference between Marketing and Spying.....
Not after Spying became a necessary and profitable tool for Marketing.

Even without snooping, the amount of data they can legitimately look into and aggregate gives them so much insight into our patterns. It's not about Facebook but a grocery chain but I remember reading a book (I believe the title is Numerati) where a father complained that they started receiving pamphlets for baby care products but then later sent the store an apology letter. It turns out their algorithm correctly predicted the daughter is pregnant - even before she found out! Just imagine how much more data FB have access to.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
April 12, 2019, 05:27:00 PM
It possible and Facebook WhatsApp and Instagram can operate within the privacy policy after the media giant Facebook is on the way with it plans to created it own Facebook tokens mark have realize the potential of decentralization and the blockchain in he is now ready to tap into it.

You can still capture data even if they use 'end to end encryption' thats what David Chaum is trying to tell people is that through keeping metadata private that is true privacy with his new platform ellixxir

Even if all the software is perfect, the hardware itself is full of back doors.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
April 12, 2019, 05:06:32 PM
It possible and Facebook WhatsApp and Instagram can operate within the privacy policy after the media giant Facebook is on the way with it plans to created it own Facebook tokens mark have realize the potential of decentralization and the blockchain in he is now ready to tap into it.

You can still capture data even if they use 'end to end encryption' thats what David Chaum is trying to tell people is that through keeping metadata private that is true privacy with his new platform ellixxir
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
April 12, 2019, 04:57:24 PM

Really the only question here is what can be proven.

Can you prove Zuck is following reasonable privacy policy?

If not, you must assume the worst opposite.

There is no trust or belief in this.

The only way proof is possible is through an open encryption standard.
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
April 12, 2019, 04:26:49 PM
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
April 10, 2019, 09:09:52 PM
Zuckerberg is not the evil genius you think he is. He is just the pawn jew they put in for public appearances.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
April 10, 2019, 08:34:16 PM
In my opinion, this is only a natural phenomenon from humans, which is a mistake.

In a post on his Facebook page, Zuckerberg announced, "the future of communication will focus on data protection services, so people will be more confident and feel safe, because messages and content will no longer be stored forever".

He had a lead cryptographer reach out to him and still didn't take the offer. Idk how safe I feel putting my trust into someone who doesn't even register data protection

Real question. does mark even know what cryptography is?
Activity: 300
Merit: 5
April 08, 2019, 04:49:41 PM
In my opinion, this is only a natural phenomenon from humans, which is a mistake.

In a post on his Facebook page, Zuckerberg announced, "the future of communication will focus on data protection services, so people will be more confident and feel safe, because messages and content will no longer be stored forever".

He had a lead cryptographer reach out to him and still didn't take the offer. Idk how safe I feel putting my trust into someone who doesn't even register data protection
legendary
April 05, 2019, 08:42:26 PM

I feel much safer, knowing that billions of years in the future, when our Sun has became a red giant star, whose diameter is beyond the orbit of the Earth, and the Earth has burned to a cinder, that our data will no longer be stored.

It will NOT BE STORED FOREVER.

Trick words, and phrases designed to lull you into complacency, are what you have here.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 05, 2019, 08:16:08 PM

legendary
April 05, 2019, 07:41:50 PM
It doesn't store your passwords, just all of your contacts without permission. https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-asks-new-users-email-passwords-2019-4?r=US&IR=T
You mean they got caught storing the contacts without permission, so they had to admit to that, but they have not been caught storing the passwords, so they have not admitted to storing them?
Activity: 255
Merit: 3
April 05, 2019, 07:21:15 PM
waiting for that Dbook to come out aka decentralized facebook
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
April 04, 2019, 09:15:05 AM
It doesn't store your passwords, just all of your contacts without permission. https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-asks-new-users-email-passwords-2019-4?r=US&IR=T

After I downloaded a flashlight app and it wanted access to my contacts, I stopped believing all of these clowns.

The rule.

They assure us we can trust them.

===> We can't trust them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/innovation/why-does-a-torch-app-need-to-access-my-contacts-list-1.3082618
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
April 04, 2019, 08:09:26 AM
legendary
April 03, 2019, 08:28:36 PM

Zuckd again by Failbook? And the lies by the lying liars march on.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/beyond-sketchy-facebook-demanding-some-new-users-email-passwords

Just two weeks after admitting it stored hundreds of millions of its users’ own passwords insecurely, Facebook is demanding some users fork over the password for their outside email account as the price of admission to the social network.

Facebook users are being interrupted by an interstitial demanding they provide the password for the email account they gave to Facebook when signing up. “To continue using Facebook, you’ll need to confirm your email,” the message demands. “Since you signed up with [email address], you can do that automatically …”

A form below the message asked for the users’ “email password.”

“That’s beyond sketchy,” security consultant Jake Williams told the Daily Beast. “They should not be taking your password or handling your password in the background. If that’s what’s required to sign up with Facebook, you’re better off not being on Facebook.”

In a statement emailed to The Daily Beast after this story published, Facebook reiterated its claim it doesn’t store the email passwords.

I've bolded an example of the sort of assertion made that's not to be believed.
Activity: 296
Merit: 12
April 03, 2019, 01:31:26 PM
Does anyone else find it crazy that David Chaum actually reached out to Mark Zuck to help with privacy for FB? Granted I doubt they will take on anyone who is a pretty prominent figure in both cryptography and privacy. 
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
April 03, 2019, 12:33:21 PM
Does he have to start fingering your butthole while you sleep before you see the pattern here people?

https://boingboing.net/2019/04/03/facebook-caught-asking-for-new.html
Pages:
Jump to: