Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin? - page 95. (Read 58467 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 500
August 10, 2017, 06:27:47 AM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
It is only newbies who get panic on seeing even a small price dip in bitcoin and immediately sell it.But bitcoin holders who know very well about bitcoin's price movement don't get panic even when there is a huge fall in its price.They know for sure that bitcoin price is going to increase.So,they just feel comfortable in holding bitcoins without selling.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
August 10, 2017, 06:27:15 AM
I don't understand the poll's question.

Anyway, people are holding bitcoin because they are not short-sighted. They see the future more than the daily volatility of bitcoin. There were ups and downs but the general trend really is upwards. It is not downwards so there is no problem with price movements.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 10, 2017, 06:26:40 AM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?

if you are trader you know when you hold coin or release coin.
you must wait until bitcoin on peak and sell them to get high price than high's price before
but sometimes they hold to invest for future and the other
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcointalk.org
August 10, 2017, 06:22:10 AM
Price is rising like a crazy and everyone is hoping to see much higher price in this year and that is the reason people are holding their coins so that they can sell at much higher price to get maximum profits and majority of people have target to sell their coins when it reaches to $5000.

I am holding bitcoins because i see the potencial of this coins in the future every months bitcoins goes up higher and higher thats the reason why people banking and holding bitcoins now.

Yes and we should have faith in the potential of bitcoins that it will rise even higher in coming months or years so to gain maximum profits on your investments it would be the best to hold your coins and do not spend it at this stage.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
BITCOIN TRADER 2016
August 10, 2017, 05:58:24 AM
Price is rising like a crazy and everyone is hoping to see much higher price in this year and that is the reason people are holding their coins so that they can sell at much higher price to get maximum profits and majority of people have target to sell their coins when it reaches to $5000.

I am holding bitcoins because i see the potencial of this coins in the future every months bitcoins goes up higher and higher thats the reason why people banking and holding bitcoins now.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
August 10, 2017, 05:09:54 AM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2017, 04:50:17 AM
I think they holding bitcoins, Because they waiting when the bitcoins pump up or for buying also in altcoins.
We all know all of us waiting for that time when they pump up the bitcoin.
May be you are right, but I think people have demonstrably examined the bitcoin price in the market despite facing hurdles and speculations of 1st August and now joining bitcoin for trading purposes.

I think they have understood bitcoin completely and they have become know that in future bitcoin will be the king currency of cryptocurrencies. That’s why people are holding bitcoin for future purposes. People also know that there are limited bitcoin in the system and mostly have mined. Therefore, people consider bitcoin a unique resource of the world.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 10, 2017, 01:23:26 AM
Bitcoin holders have already seen such price rises and dips many times before.They are well aware that each time bitcoin price increases followed by a price fall,still bitcoin price would get stable only at a price higher than its previous price.They have seen bitcoin price gradually increasing in a long term basis and so they don't want to bother any price fluctuations in short term and they feel much comfortable in holding bitcoins instead of selling in panic as newbies do.
Correct, long term holders are different than traders, holders do their best to not move their coins at all, the only thing they care is to have their coins securely placed in a hardware wallet or cold storage, traders in the other hand are trying to get more bitcoin by trading other crypto and wait for a favorable exchange if successful they get more bitcoin if not then they lose money.
Activity: 486
Merit: 100
August 10, 2017, 01:20:22 AM
Bitcoin prices are always up and down. We can not easily predict.
Bitcoins are a valuable asset for the future so that's why I keep bitcoins when the price goes down.

If i were you, i will be smart in managing my bitcoins because if i will just be idle and just keep my bitcoin and if i will not play my bitcoins in the market then the chance of getting rich fast is low, if you will play it like buying it cheap and selling it for an expensive price is a smart or wise decision because you can easily make money and you can buy more amount of bitcoin if its value goes down again.
DoublerHunter, I don't see the act of buying cheap and selling high as a smart or wise decision because if you watch closely the level of falling in price of bitcoin is low this days and that's because the total number of bitcoins left to mine is 4,502,888. Therefore, I see buying with fiat and holding of coin as a smart decision.

Yes, buying with fiat is a good way to make profit. These days we saw a high pump in the price of bitcoin from 2700$ to 3400$ and soon to cross 4000$. Even if we purchase 1 btc now and sell it in some months when the price goes above 4000$ will give us profit of maybe 500-600$ and that us a good profit

So there are 4,502,888 left to be mined? up until when do we expect this to be hit?
It will take a lot of years before the bitcoin gets mined out, the supply that is left is still high and the difficulty of bitcoin is growing so the estimation of mining bitcoin will become longer and before bitcoin gets maxed out in supply for miners, the price of bitcoin will surely around 10,000 USD or more.

By the end of this  year, by how much do you think bitcoin price will be? I see I think I need to invest more in bitcoin haha
Not have trader on market can predict exactly 100% the price of Bitcoin in last year, but Bitcoin can reach to $4000 or $5000 in this year is possible if not have problem until SegWit complete and Bitcoin become to fresh cryptocurrency after BTC-e refund.
Activity: 658
August 10, 2017, 01:19:37 AM
People are holding bitcoins at this point aiming to wait for normal bitcoin prices to get back the benefits they expect
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 12:52:12 AM
I don't hold Bitcoin because I invest in the Recoin. However, from my point of view, the holding of coins in a critical situation is necessary in order to further increase in prices will be profitable. I'm sure that the price will grow, because after each fall comes growth.
Activity: 113
August 10, 2017, 12:51:13 AM
For me I think people are holding Bitcoin because they hold it for a reason. Since BTC value is not stable, we won't know when it will be high or when it will be low. Many people are just waiting for right time to convert it because, what if they exchange it at the right time. And some people may think that they would invest it on some things if they would not yet use it.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 12:50:05 AM
The more people hold bitcoin, the more price rise we can have. When the new money enters to the markets, that money will only be able to buy the coins which are available on the exchanges.

If you don't list your coins on the exchanges, that money won't be able to buy your coins and he will pay someone else more money to get his coins. Now think about this on a bigger scale. Multiply the numbers by 100 or 1000.

For this particular situation we are in, that's the future simulation of all alts out there. If we can't successfully resolve the issues we have now, those exact issues will destroy the other alts either.

The moral of the story is; If you believe in bitcoin, just HODL!

Very well explained. You need to know all the aspects of this system in order to gain big money. I have found some mobile Apps through which you can buy bitcoins.https://www.mobikart.com/blog/3-best-apps-to-buy-bitcoins-in-india   Hope this will help.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
August 10, 2017, 12:36:52 AM
Bitcoin prices are always up and down. We can not easily predict.
Bitcoins are a valuable asset for the future so that's why I keep bitcoins when the price goes down.

If i were you, i will be smart in managing my bitcoins because if i will just be idle and just keep my bitcoin and if i will not play my bitcoins in the market then the chance of getting rich fast is low, if you will play it like buying it cheap and selling it for an expensive price is a smart or wise decision because you can easily make money and you can buy more amount of bitcoin if its value goes down again.
DoublerHunter, I don't see the act of buying cheap and selling high as a smart or wise decision because if you watch closely the level of falling in price of bitcoin is low this days and that's because the total number of bitcoins left to mine is 4,502,888. Therefore, I see buying with fiat and holding of coin as a smart decision.

Yes, buying with fiat is a good way to make profit. These days we saw a high pump in the price of bitcoin from 2700$ to 3400$ and soon to cross 4000$. Even if we purchase 1 btc now and sell it in some months when the price goes above 4000$ will give us profit of maybe 500-600$ and that us a good profit

So there are 4,502,888 left to be mined? up until when do we expect this to be hit?
It will take a lot of years before the bitcoin gets mined out, the supply that is left is still high and the difficulty of bitcoin is growing so the estimation of mining bitcoin will become longer and before bitcoin gets maxed out in supply for miners, the price of bitcoin will surely around 10,000 USD or more.

By the end of this  year, by how much do you think bitcoin price will be? I see I think I need to invest more in bitcoin haha
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
August 10, 2017, 12:00:58 AM
people holding the bitcoin i think bitcoin is good investment for the future because i blelieve bitcoin after the split issue many bitcoin holder are panic but now after the issue the bitcoin still in strong as decentralized currencies in altcoin cryptocurrencies, so nothing worry to holding the bitcoin as future investment.
Activity: 145
August 09, 2017, 11:41:48 PM
Why are people holding? Because they haven't been frightened into selling it (yet).
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
August 09, 2017, 11:34:39 PM
people know what it will increase to tens thousands dollars in next few months so why they should to sell it?)
They know when to sell and when to buy so they will gain a high profit, That's the traders.

or, they are a human and sure they also have needs that must be met.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
August 09, 2017, 09:47:36 PM

By any means, we are not there yet

In fact, we are not even close to being critical, which would require Bitcoin to be placed in the "critical care unit", metaphorically speaking. There is no chain split yet, and the chances of it coming about look low right now (we'd rather go on as before without SegWit). What we see looks more like a typical pump and dump event, with the stress on the dump part this time. It is only when we actually face the split or it becomes imminent that we can talk about situation being "critical". But in that very case, it would remain to be seen whether folks are actually going to "stick to their guns" and hold their bitcoins (which I doubt)

Most of the people here thought that bitcoin was going to be in a critical rate since this "bitcoin split" was gonna happen way back this August 1, but it didn't, just like what I've predicted. It was just another whale, though the panic sellers are of course sold their bitcoins being afraid to lose more profits if they are not going to make a decision (I pity them), there is no point on doubting bitcoin, besides, we got this BCC because we hold BTC's in our wallet during the Hard Fork, we could sell it, in fact, we didn't lose profits, if we are going to sell this BCC's that we have, then we could make profits without doing anything at all.

That is why holding bitcoin whatever happens is giving us benefits as always.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
August 09, 2017, 09:41:30 PM
Even though that the price of BTC is very volatile in the past weeks (we all know that BTC is very volatile in the first place), people are still hodling it because of its potential growth in the coming months and years. It is the best performing currency in the world for the past 3 years and this just proved that you can make a lot of money out of it if you just buy and hodl.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 09, 2017, 09:31:55 PM
people know what it will increase to tens thousands dollars in next few months so why they should to sell it?)
easy money just by holding I'm sure they have all the necessary information for them to hold and wait for this aim value, people
holding because bitcoin really showcasing its capability to grow more and more.
Pages:
Jump to: