Pages:
Author

Topic: Why People Are Not Honest. - page 2. (Read 7949 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
"As we’ve just discussed, as much as honesty can hurt, it can also be kind. In order to maximize the kindness and minimize the hurt, it is important to consider when the right moment for honesty is.

When a friend has just broken up with their partner, for instance, you might wish to tell them how much better they could do or how it was a disaster waiting to happen, but this is certainly not the right time for honesty."
Activity: 4
March 27, 2018, 02:04:30 PM
"While being completely open and honest with someone is a mostly desirable trait, there does come a point at which honesty becomes something else.

Honesty is, after all, just giving your own opinions, and opinions can contain spite and insensitivity. Telling someone they are grossly overweight might be an accurate reflection of the truth, but it is an example of a situation in which honesty is not really required. Such a person will be acutely aware of his or her weight problem and does not need to be told about it."
Activity: 5
March 27, 2018, 02:01:08 PM
"As we’ve already touched upon, honesty can be hard to hear at times. Generally speaking, when someone’s honest opinion conflicts a great deal with your own, it will cause you some level of hurt or distress.

That’s why such free-speakers do still choose their words carefully so as to maintain their true perspective on things, while attempting to minimize the impact on the other person."
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
March 27, 2018, 10:32:57 AM
People are not honest at all mainly because of previous negative experience of being deceived. Some of them have inborn tendency to lie. Anyway a large number of liars is not a big reason to become a liar yourself. You always have a choice to say truth in any situation. Also I think that lying is really necessary when you do it for own safety, friends and relatives' safety and no more.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 283
March 27, 2018, 10:12:03 AM
People cant be honest because they have their own plans. Maybe he wants to succeed of what he want to be in life. Also people are not honest because they are afraid to face the concequences.
Activity: 103
March 27, 2018, 04:48:36 AM
It is part of people's nature. Sometime you need to tell a lie "white lies" for the better. Sometime, people are just raised like that because they are afraid with their parents for telling the truth. And it becomes part of them to become dishonest. Sometimes, telling a lie hides a hidden objective. Almost all people are not honest anymore.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
March 27, 2018, 04:22:34 AM
Some people are lying to comfort the other peoples feeling,
But some of us are lying just to make sure that our love ones wouldn't leave us we fear that once they know the truth they would leave us.
Activity: 168
March 27, 2018, 04:11:40 AM
they are not honestly there are a number of reasons. may indeed usually also get used to not be honest or dishonest to cover an issue so as not to make others worry.
Activity: 7
March 27, 2018, 03:38:12 AM
Generally speaking, we all want honesty and integrity to prevail throughout society; we want our politicians, our businesses, and our communities to be open and transparent. We dislike hidden agendas, misleading information, and fraud. An honest person comprehends this better than most and will always strive to encourage greater honesty through their own actions and activism.
Activity: 118
March 27, 2018, 03:02:48 AM
Why people are not honest? Simply because we are human being.   We lied for other persons benefit , it depend on the situation. As we called it "white lies". There are moments that we have to say a small lie just not to hurt someones feeling, as we always refrain  to speak the truth.  Yet it's not a valid reason to lie to  someone especially those person whom you love.  Eventually, we have to tell the truth. Being honest is good yet we are  empowered the feeling of fear.
Activity: 11
March 27, 2018, 02:42:06 AM
For a lot of people, exposure to someone’s honest and heartfelt feelings comes as a refreshing surprise. We too often refrain from saying what the mind thinks, and so to meet an utterly honest person is like a breath of fresh air. It can even be infectious and lead to more honesty from other people too.
Activity: 70
March 27, 2018, 02:35:42 AM
Maybe they are afraid to tell the truth. But,  for me it is better honesty but painful than lies but makes it comfortable.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 01:59:01 AM
In some cases,  there are situation that you have to do some lying even if it hurts because it is the right thing to do.  I guess,  the reason behinds mans lying experiences,  is because it is greatly needed but some are just doing it for their own benefits just to hide their sins from somebody.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"
March 27, 2018, 01:28:53 AM
Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?
I admit, I have been dishonest for many times in my life. I think the main reason why i did those things is that I don't want to hurt somebody. With regards to your problem, these are needed for your safety and for the others. It is not that they don't trust, they do it for assurance. Yes you are honest and a good person, but how about in the next years? Will you still be? You may answer yes, but change is something permanent.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
March 26, 2018, 09:50:32 PM
I know this is an old topic but I would like to add my opinion here. You can never trust any replies from this topic - including mine - as we're never honest.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 514
March 26, 2018, 09:49:11 PM
Why people are not honest? Maybe it is the only can help for them to be not honest. We not to be honest it's not a good behavior but they have time to be not honest is going to help for you someday. But must better to be honest all the time because our parents they teach us to be honest.
Activity: 40
March 26, 2018, 07:16:11 PM
Some people are not honest.because they are afraid to tell the truth
Activity: 8
March 26, 2018, 07:01:32 PM
Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?
Some People do not become honest because sometimes they are afraid of what they can .
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 26, 2018, 04:57:32 PM
You just met worng people dude. I know a lot of good people that never lies when it's not necessary but when they lying they are not trying to harm others.
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
March 26, 2018, 03:43:19 PM
There are a lot of factors that make people becoming dishonest. One of them is self-defense. We will lie when we are trying to get out of problems. We think that by becoming dishonest is a solution when we are in trouble. I guess many people do that. Besides finding a trustworthy person is like looking for a needle in haystack.
Pages:
Jump to: