Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are still buying BTC? - page 114. (Read 13694 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
April 19, 2013, 04:20:28 PM
Strange, I always thought the word 'never' meant past, present, and future. Since I've already used bitcoin as a currency to purchase coffee, food, honey, silver, and gold I do have to wonder where you got your definition of 'never' from. If we're lucky and want bitcoin to succeed then we should hope for bitcoin to 'never again' be used as a speculative tool since that is what leads to the volatility that you mentioned in a sideways manner by referring to price increases.

Gee, sounds like you tried to mine with your CPU or something. Strangely enough I invested in several video cards and the value of the items I've bought using bitcoin as a currency (there goes your never again) exceeds the money I spent on GPUs by a factor of 3 or 4 already and they're still mining. They don't make as much now but I get as much in a single block on Slush's pool as you claimed to get in a couple of hours. I guess you never actually researched how you should mine or decided you could make BTC on advertising sites.

As a previous poster mentioned, you seem to have a serious lack of a grasp on bitcoin as a concept and on how to mine it, please study up on it before making ridiculous blanket statements like you've done here.

Thralen
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
April 19, 2013, 04:15:48 PM
I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc,

Why on earth did you waste those hours?

Is this how you earn govt currency as well, or do you suppose there's a better way?

Please tell me you don't think bitcoin is useless because you can't make a decent Bitcoin income looking at advertising sites.
Activity: 406
April 19, 2013, 04:11:24 PM

You clearly don't understand bitcoin. Please study.
Taz
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 19, 2013, 04:08:00 PM
People are invested in bitcoin in many ways.
They see good reasons to stick with it and most of them are thinking long term.
Things crash from time to time, it doesnt mean they are dead.
And besides that profit isn't the main focus for most of the old dogs of bitcoin.
Activity: 392
April 19, 2013, 04:04:15 PM
Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-24com-matching-engine-seems-broken-site-down-174600 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: