Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are still buying BTC? - page 69. (Read 13694 times)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
May 26, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
People will always consider on buying bitcoin because it is the main crypto in the market of cryptocurrency. People need to choose to buy bitcoin for them to earn and to somehow set an investment that they could have in the future and can brought a good fortune to them. Bitcoin like dollar in the fiat serves as the universal currency the people could used in transaction, trading and investments.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
May 26, 2018, 07:45:15 AM
They believe in the future of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
May 26, 2018, 07:42:34 AM
No one is stopping anyone here from buying any new amazing altcoin he/she chooses. If you think that PonyCoin or any other altcoin will be better for you in the long run - go for it.
But telling people that PayPal or Banks are better than Bitcoin is kind over the top lie. Look at Greece, Cyprus, Venezuela or any country with economic problems.
Fiat-based centralized payment processors can be banned with ease - for example, Turkish people cannot use PayPal at all.

About security issue linked to Bitcoin, see below:

JP Morgan Chase Security Breach

"Date: July 2014
Impact: 76 million households and 7 million small businesses
Details: The largest bank in the nation was the victim of a hack during the summer of 2014 that compromised the data of more than half of all US households – 76 million – plus 7 million small businesses.
The data included contact information – names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses – as well as internal information about the users, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission."

More info here: https://www.csoonline.com/article/2130877/data-breach/the-biggest-data-breaches-of-the-21st-century.html
Activity: 154
May 26, 2018, 07:41:45 AM
Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-24com-matching-engine-seems-broken-site-down-174600 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
Because Bitcoin was still an emerging technology and its future was uncertain.now most people do use it in the darknet market maybe it success might be attributed to it use in the darknet market place.Many people has gotten to see the value of bitcoin and people are willing to invest in it,bitcoin is becoming the defacto standard for cryptocurrency and the fact that it's philosophy is different from the government backed currency this made it more appealing.
Activity: 121
May 26, 2018, 07:41:04 AM
"Bitcoin is useless"

Then go somewhere else... ?
Why?

Look up at the name of the website you are using: bitcointalk.org

If you have no use for bitcoins, then maybe you should ask yourself why you are here on a bitcoin site? Trolling perhaps?

Could you go into a bit more detail what you were spending hours on that gave you such a low return? Then you should ask yourself what you did to get any dollars you have? Maybe you could do the same thing in exchange for some bitcoins?

As of now bitcoin has a decreasing value and this the right time to buy it to those who can afford. They are still hoping that it will comeback from the maximum value of 19000 USD than a current price today in almost 8000 USD.
Activity: 224
Merit: 13
The stock photography revolution
May 26, 2018, 07:19:44 AM
Because they still believed if future of bitcoin is very good,
Buy bitcoin ans hold them I'm sure it will make us rich because future is very promising
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
May 26, 2018, 06:33:05 AM
because they expect bitcoin prices to skyrocket even over the previous year, surely this is compared to panic selling that will only damage the price, indirectly when we buy it will make the price move up though not much but if many people do so prices will skyrocket
Activity: 168
May 26, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
Because they still believe in it and I think it is a good thing to do,
Just buy it and hold it and wait till the price goes high again,
It would go high again in the future for sure and it will surpass it’s current ATH.
People are still buying Bitcoin because Bitcoin is a responsive cryptocurrency and is here in the market for the benefit of people therefore people are still buying Bitcoin and investing with huge amounts. The market rate of buying is increasing day by day and sometimes it becomes stable due to the equilibrium in fluctuations in demand. The market will soon shift to a high market as many people are investing these days.
Bitcoin is most popular token. All new traders begin life in cryptoworld with Bitcoin
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
May 26, 2018, 06:14:41 AM
Because they still believe in it and I think it is a good thing to do,
Just buy it and hold it and wait till the price goes high again,
It would go high again in the future for sure and it will surpass it’s current ATH.
People are still buying Bitcoin because Bitcoin is a responsive cryptocurrency and is here in the market for the benefit of people therefore people are still buying Bitcoin and investing with huge amounts. The market rate of buying is increasing day by day and sometimes it becomes stable due to the equilibrium in fluctuations in demand. The market will soon shift to a high market as many people are investing these days.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
May 26, 2018, 04:28:24 AM
This further proves that patience is a very important and much needed thing in crypto. Well, it turns out until the year 2018 bitcoin can already be used to buy various goods. Even large companies have received bitcoin as part of their payment system. The more days bitcoin provides more benefits, which is why more and more people are interested and buy bitcoin.
Activity: 53
Merit: 14
May 26, 2018, 04:13:30 AM
Bitcoin is a very controversial cryptocurrency because of the power and value it brings that surpass the expectations of the people. Bitcoin was able to make a great noise as its value rises over the roof. Everyone was talking about it and a lot of people also was persuaded to invest here. We should not be surprised by this anymore since bitcoin is expected to be the world currency.
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
May 26, 2018, 03:55:10 AM
I think people are still continue to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, because they see the potential in it. So if you get some researches about it, you will see how genius the blockchain technology is who is behind almost every cryptocurrency. People see the potential and want to be a part of it!
Activity: 219
May 26, 2018, 03:50:40 AM
People are still buying BTC because they believe in the development of this market. And for those who have learned a lot about blockchain technology, they will have a good view of this market.
Activity: 140
May 26, 2018, 03:33:21 AM
Because they believe in bitcoin, they believe if they buy bitcoin , they have large amount of earning, I also believe in bitcoin and what bitcoin do in the future, they believe also in the future the value of bitcoin is higher and hard to buy bitcoin, thats why many people hold bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 26, 2018, 03:21:27 AM
No one has any idea where this thing is going. It could rocket backup $3k tomorrow or drop $3k just as easily. It may be worth $100k in a couple years, or $0 in a couple years. It's literally just guessing at this point.

If you want a safe investment, pick something else besides cryptocurrency. If you are not risk-averse and are intrigued by the possibility of a big payday, invest in Crypto.
People still buy Bitcoin because keeping the assumption of rationality in mind; people are rational and have perfect market information about the technology. They know the expected future return and perks and benefits they will reap when the market is green and the prices are stable. Furthermore, the day traders are still earning by daily trading and are way too happy to have something rather than nothing though the long term traders are sitting with patience.
Activity: 209
May 26, 2018, 02:10:23 AM
Hello guys,

I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-24com-matching-engine-seems-broken-site-down-174600 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.

I think people still buying btc not because of its true purpose but it is because of BTC as an investment is highly profitable. If we think that btc could not function through its true worth then maybe let's just watch its positive side as investment.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
May 26, 2018, 12:58:46 AM
Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

Well i think it is because we really believe at bitcoin. We buy bitcoin because we earn at bitcoin and it gives us hopes to achieve our dreams to become financially stable. I earn a lot at bitcoin thru hodling because bitcoin is best at long term investment. As years pass by bitcoin became more valuable that's why im hodling my bitcoin and waiting for the time or the value that will be increase.
Activity: 53
Merit: 14
May 26, 2018, 12:52:37 AM
I think it would not be that much popular anymore because bitcoin has been made more famous because of its expensive value which attracted many investors. There would be a bit of possibility that it would still be reach but I don't think it would still be on top if ever its value is stable. There's a lot more things to happen but as soon as we keep our faith in bitcoin, it will keep on growing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 26, 2018, 12:47:26 AM
People are still buying bitcoin ,because they are still believing bitcoin has still great future and thought that bitcoin could be a best investments for the future to come  , that is why the people are still buying bitcoin for the tuture and to gain profits in the coming days.
copper member
Activity: 294
May 25, 2018, 11:59:31 PM
Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

because for us bitcoin one of the assets we use easily to get the benefits, and also good we use in the long run. because bitcoin itself is also very promising.
Pages:
Jump to: