Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are unhappy? - page 20. (Read 6082 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
January 19, 2018, 09:52:07 AM
The more people have the more they have to worry about.

I think happiness starts with not trying to accumulate wealth and not spending the majority of your life focused on your career and money.

A person should focus on his family and their well being. Find quality time and devote most of it to living instead of working

Also do not watch any of the garbage TV that is out there. They will ruin your soul.

I read the following by Max Erhmann called the Desiderada. Its beautiful.

Max Ehrmann  

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
 and remember what peace there may be in silence.
 As far as possible without surrender
 be on good terms with all persons.
 Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
 and listen to others,
 even the dull and the ignorant;
 they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
 they are vexations to the spirit.
 If you compare yourself with others,
 you may become vain and bitter;
 for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
 Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
 it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
 Exercise caution in your business affairs;
 for the world is full of trickery.
 But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
 many persons strive for high ideals;
 and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
 Especially, do not feign affection.
 Neither be cynical about love;
 for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
 it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
 gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
 Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
 But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
 Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
 Beyond a wholesome discipline,
 be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
 no less than the trees and the stars;
 you have a right to be here.
 And whether or not it is clear to you,
 no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
 whatever you conceive Him to be,
 and whatever your labors and aspirations,
 in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
 it is still a beautiful world.
 Be cheerful.
 Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 09:45:16 AM
Did you ever thought why many people are not happy even they have many possessions in life?  Did you ever thought the reason behind those agonies even if they tried to be happy but it wont last that long?  Physically,  they showed to the whole world that they are strong,  they enjoy their lives to the fullest.  But at end of the day,  loneliness attacks.  Did you ever thought why people are unhappy?

I think because of misguidance.We must pud God first before anything else so that all grace will follow.If we have God then we have love too that gives happiness.
Activity: 18
January 19, 2018, 09:30:28 AM
I think the main reason of that is, people don't know importance of their life.
Present people always try to earn money doing various kind of things.
So freedom of their life is vanished.Therefore people are unhappy.
Activity: 84
January 19, 2018, 08:31:04 AM
because people they cannot experience completion. No one knows if they have reached their destination or if that end-point is years ahead.
Activity: 40
January 19, 2018, 08:29:11 AM
In my opinion the reason why people are unhappy because of discontented. If only we know how to appreciate things even the smallest one we will never be unhappy of what we have.
Activity: 24
January 19, 2018, 08:22:43 AM
Did you ever thought why many people are not happy even they have many possessions in life?  Did you ever thought the reason behind those agonies even if they tried to be happy but it wont last that long?  Physically,  they showed to the whole world that they are strong,  they enjoy their lives to the fullest.  But at end of the day,  loneliness attacks.  Did you ever thought why people are unhappy?
People are unhappy because they are sad and full of problems in life , they usually experiencing it through thos enegative thigns that comes in their daily lives.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 08:10:53 AM
People unhappy because they've poor mind
Activity: 107
January 19, 2018, 06:44:12 AM
There are several reasons that make us always not satisfied with what is in us; first, because we as humans less even always forget to be grateful for what we have gained so far. The second is not wise to manage life. Third is not inclined to know the weaknesses and shortcomings that need to be faced in this life. Fourth is always thinking using the lust and reason. Fifth, value and self-esteem become the size. That is, willing or equal more than anyone else. So keep your ego out of being a greedy person who always feels dissatisfied with what you get. But be thankful to God for what you have done to you.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
January 19, 2018, 05:58:42 AM
Some people are unhappy beacause they want more of what they already have. But thats not the big reason. True happines cannot be achieved though wealth, or how much money you have. True happines can be achieved by making friends, having a great family, a peace of mind. And most specially serve GOD. Most people don't have this attitude so that what make people unhappy.
Activity: 14
January 19, 2018, 03:49:00 AM
Because they cant have whta they want
Activity: 1764
Merit: 696
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
January 19, 2018, 03:27:48 AM
Being happy can not be measured with abundant wealth. can be due to a person's unfavorable past factors sometimes puts pressure on the mind that makes him forget his day with his wealth.
Activity: 33
January 19, 2018, 03:17:19 AM
It's because we have different problems.
Activity: 2
January 19, 2018, 03:12:51 AM
because have no bitcoin Grin
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
January 19, 2018, 02:43:25 AM
People are unhappy because sometimes we overthink and become stress because of our problems,
And sometimes we are unhappy because we are not satisfied with what we have we didn't get what we expect.
Activity: 64
January 18, 2018, 11:20:48 PM
When they run out of things to say, they'll turn to other people's lives and gossip. Happy people live in the now and dream about the future. You can feel their positive vibe from across the room. ... Practicing positive habits daily is what sets happy people apart from unhappy people, not doing everything perfectly
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 10:42:44 AM
People are unhappy basically when their expectations are not met. What makes one happy might makes another indifferent or even sad. People are forever chasing things that they feel will make them happy but from personal experience once they achieved that thing they find out that the happiness does not last because that very things seem not to make them very happy anymore. Unhappiness is caused when you are not content with your life
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
January 18, 2018, 10:40:29 AM
being not contented with what we have makes us unhappy. When we fail to what we aim for. when we have financial, emotional problems makes us sad.
For our weaknesses lead us to sadness.
when we have financial, emotional problems makes us sad... Roll Eyes

Clueless people who care for them selves ..
Have you seen the fishees in the sea ?  when we have financial, emotional problems makes us sad..

I mean i can pull a £20 out my pocket right now but does it solve the problem of the fishees in the sea?..
Does it solve the problem our children getting used as a pawn to fight wars to line some
snooty twats pockets..

Now forgive me i am so angry with my world i tend to use a lot of swear words if all was ok i would be happy..

Oh i could buy an ice cream and not give a shit BUT when i was a child an ice cream cost 10p now it's a
£1 BUT when my child goes to work she cannot buy as many ice creams i could when i worked in my early days and it's getting worse and worse ..

Now when i was young a home cost 3k the same home cost 90k    1990s 3k not 1800s Wink Cheesy..

So i wonder is everyone SO rich they can afford to buy a home for their children ?..

Yes the few will but the many wont making most of the planet UNHAPPY Wink..

Activity: 2
January 18, 2018, 10:29:06 AM
being not contented with what we have makes us unhappy. When we fail to what we aim for. when we have financial, emotional problems makes us sad.
For our weaknesses lead us to sadness.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
January 18, 2018, 10:16:25 AM
Because i wake up and now i have to pay for this  Angry

UK to pay extra £44.5m for Calais security in Anglo-French deal ...
https://www.theguardian.com/.../uk-to-pay-extra-445m-for-calais-security-in-anglo-fr...
14 hours ago - To be announced as part of the Anglo-French summit at Sandhurst military academy on Thursday, the money brings total British funding for security and policing in Calais since the “Jungle” camp was bulldozed in 2016 to more than £150m. The measures have included building a 1km-long concrete wall ...

And all because MAMA MERKEL ..The German always costing us BRITISH..

WW1 WW2 we the uk payed not the GERMANS ..

Would it make you UNHAPPY?
Activity: 36
January 18, 2018, 10:11:26 AM
The rich people are unhappy because they have only money and nothing else but poor people are unhappy olny because they dont have money.
Pages:
Jump to: