Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people want ETH to over come BTC - page 35. (Read 6096 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

Maybe they invested more on Ethereum. Smiley  It makes sense though, at around $700 right now. Think of the windfall an Ethereum investor would get if it overtakes Bitcoin, which is currently valued more than 13x that of ETH.
Activity: 110
July 05, 2018, 11:34:07 PM
Because with ETH they become faster and constant in getting profits, albeit only little by little, because the increase of ETH values ​​is consistently developed. In fact, from what I know, the ETH is still included in the control of BTC. BTC is still the leader of the speed of all the coins in the crypto. So, I think it's still difficult to expect the ETH to replace the BTC, given its very strong BTC defense.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
July 05, 2018, 11:01:10 PM
Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

It's not necessarily that people want Ethereum to overtake Bitcoin. By looking at the technology Ethereum provides, it simply just has more features than bitcoin. Don't get me wrong i love bitcoin most, but the technology that Ethereum offers is so revolutionary that it is unlike any other (at least until every other coin out there copied it).

NEO I believe is better than ETH if we just talk of passive income. It can do everything what ETH can as well its just that its a Chinese token. The users are just not attempting to make it look like its better than BTC and ETH. If it explodes just like ETH had, users will eventually claim to surpass bitcoin. In our minds we always think of what can go high and the more you do that when you hold more it in your wallet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
July 05, 2018, 10:53:17 PM
Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

It's not necessarily that people want Ethereum to overtake Bitcoin. By looking at the technology Ethereum provides, it simply just has more features than bitcoin. Don't get me wrong i love bitcoin most, but the technology that Ethereum offers is so revolutionary that it is unlike any other (at least until every other coin out there copied it).
Activity: 281
Merit: 10
Futurov
July 05, 2018, 10:50:51 PM
I think the main reason why some people preferred using ethereum rather than bitcoin is because of its affordability. We all know that bitcoin is more expensive but will gives you more earning but because of the affordability of ethereum they choose it because it can also gave them more than enough earning as well.
Activity: 19
July 05, 2018, 10:43:00 PM
Those who miss the Bitcoin want to get those crazy profits through Ethereum. Also Ethereum has reached a high market cap now and it will not be easy to pump it to the crazy level as before.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
July 05, 2018, 10:00:14 PM
To me it is not about overcoming Bitcoin, but about having other coins that can be as strong as BTC so that the market is not as dependent on it when "the top coin" dips / crashes or rises (of course we don't complain as much when prices are on the rise).
Also, people always want the coin(s) they are hodling to be successful, and become "the next bitcoin".
Activity: 182
July 05, 2018, 09:40:40 PM
because nobody wants that apart from newbie accounts like you who are bag holding it. Wink
in fact everyone knows that Ethereum is the most useless token that was ever created! people only use it to either make profit when it pumps or create ICOs and scam others.

etherum had for quite a while a much lower transaction costs than bitcoin, and bitcoin is actually without ethereumn that continued accessibility of cryptocurrencies, just a propaganda coin that is spread to annoy everyone.

whenever there is a congestion the whole ethereum network is crippled and medium cost of a transaction goes up just like bitcoin. it has reached up to $4 in the past.
besides if transaction fee is all you care about then go use literary any other altcoin, they are all with much lower fee because nobody ever uses them. or better yet go use one of those 100% free coins like NANO with always 0 fees.
with the growing interest of Ethereum enthusiasts, it would be great to make it the main coin and overcome like Bitcoin. with this development making Ethereum supporters increase their support for Ethereum to be able to come to Bitcoin.
Activity: 210
July 05, 2018, 09:38:50 PM
When cashing out i prefer Ethereum over bitcoin because of low withdrawal transaction fee. but when I'm hodling i just stack up into bitcoin until the price pump up and convert it into etherium then sell it to fiat.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
July 05, 2018, 09:29:28 PM
I guess the main reason someone would say that is because they hold more eth than btc, simple really.

But in the grand scale of things, there are many dissatisfied with btc itself.
As more and more adopt it, it is getting more expensive and slow and it's practical use is very questionable.
Not to mention the amount of energy worldwide required to run the blockchain itself has huge global implications.

But, the thing is, eth isn't really all that much better in that aspect.

There is also the idea of wanting to predict the next "winner".

Market wise, the best outcome for all of use is if three to four share around an equal weight as dominating coins.
More distribution is always better from the consumer side of things.

Monopolies love to screw over the normal man.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
July 05, 2018, 09:25:43 PM
Because ETH is next to bitcoin in value so that many people are investing on it and storing them for long term to increase its value.Only such people who invested on ETH wants it to overcome BTC.

not really. its just that they didn't miss the eth train and they have more ETH today than bitcoin. of course you want to get more money which is why if you have more ETH, you will keep telling its one of the best. come on. ETH of course is good but you are dreaming when you keep telling yourself ETh will surpass bitcoin. even with all the dumping now, look at how the price goes. its still BTC.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
July 05, 2018, 05:44:08 PM
Because they own ethereum and not bitcoin, pretty simple  Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 05:40:16 PM
because eth is better , more modern, more functionality - the first. And somebody think that there are many ex-criminals amounth bitcoin grand-holders.
Activity: 154
July 05, 2018, 05:35:04 PM

Ofcourse it is obvious, if ETH will overtake bitcoins position then millions of profit would be part for ETH investors this is WHY many is so eager for ETH to surpass BTC.
Activity: 42
July 05, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

Probably because so many ALTs are built on the Ethereum platform, so in theory, if Ethereum grows, they grow
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 05:29:17 PM
I think it is because those people are having ETH and not having BTC, lol. For me it is obvious, but if you have BTC instead, you will not be complaining about it overcamed with ETH
Activity: 28
July 05, 2018, 12:59:10 PM
I do not know, it just became more popular after the death of Socrarus, but here's the best thing that ever invented, I advise you
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 12:57:23 PM
because many people think that Ethereum is better than Bitcoin. In fact, Ethereum is very faster in transaction than bitcoin and ethereum and Businesses now are utilizing the ETHEREUM platform to raise capital. I think that why many of people want ETH to over come BTC. But still a long way to go in that direction.
Activity: 13
July 05, 2018, 12:49:35 PM
Because ETH is next to bitcoin in value so that many people are investing on it and storing them for long term to increase its value.Only such people who invested on ETH wants it to overcome BTC.
Activity: 85
July 05, 2018, 12:40:42 PM
They are late to the part of bitcoin success and Ether is the coins that it seems to become a great coin like bitcoins. Hence believe that Ether is suppose to bypass bitcoins in order for holders to receive the maximum benefit on their holding.
Pages:
Jump to: