Pages:
Author

Topic: Why should people use Bitcoin? - page 190. (Read 122103 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
December 08, 2015, 02:35:07 PM
I could care less about what others do and why they do it. For me it is about financial benefit. Bitcoin is the fastest, cheapest, and most secure money. It is far better than dollars. In order to use dollars I must have permission from the issuer and must use them according to their rules. Dollars only work in the U.S. and a few other places and if I want to send them somewhere I must pay ridiculous fees and wait for up to a month for everything to be cleared. Even worse, dollars require trust. I would have to give all the information required to steal from me to a website, a payment processor, a credit card company, others?
Cards look so stupid to me now. I'll never go back. A better title for this thread is "Why the F@#% would anyone use fiat"?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
December 08, 2015, 02:33:15 PM
I thought of some more good points why we should use bitcoin: hackers and thieves can’t steal your payment information from merchants if you are paying with bitcoin and use it for their advantage.
And unlike credit cards bitcoin is private, for example: your wife won't find out that you bought her present after seeing your bitcoin transaction, but could easy tell after seeing your credit card history...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 08, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
I think what shouldve been Why should people use bitcoin now?...

Yes now!!! Families are getting broke because of the transfer rate of dollars. Just think about a Mom sending money monthly for a year to her family at a different part of the globe. How much will it be for 12  months. In bitcoin all that rates will be minimized and it is like you have 13 times in a year compared to those other transfer money companies.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
December 08, 2015, 02:19:03 PM
To be honest, as Bitcoin currently stands, the only people who should be suing Bitcoin are those who are willing to take risks and are willing to learn new things. Aside from that, Bitcoin is still relatively young, and as such we likely haven't seen its final iteration. There will always be new technologies or services coming out that will benefit Bitcoin in some way, and thus we have to take some risks to further the project.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
December 08, 2015, 02:01:37 PM
I don't think common people "should" use Bitcoin right now, it's very complicated for most, specially women and not tech savvy people. I don't want to sound harsh but that's my experience. Also to be honest everything can be done via credit cards or paypal, there's not an actual need for Bitcoin for them. Privacy is an illusion and credit cards have insurance, there's no risk and they are instant.

Bitcoin strengths are other things, like its unique technology, disruptive ideas that can be applied or used in the future but because of price volatility and difficult to get a hold of it hasn't found a niche yet.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 08, 2015, 02:00:17 PM
Bitcoin is the future of money, or so they say.

I would like to hear your opinions on Why should people use Bitcoin?

in the age of the internet is paper iou's really the best we as the human race can do,  obviously not, bitcoin has arrived.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
December 08, 2015, 01:57:01 PM
One of the main selling points for people to get into Bitcoin is the very low miner fees at the current moment... While this will probably be increased to double the amount it is now, roughly around .03-.07 cents, it will still be substantially cheaper than using payment systems like PayPal.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
December 08, 2015, 01:55:19 PM
Just because the dollar wasn't really designed for the internet. We're trying to somehow make that happen, but we've ended up with huge fees and lots of delays while trying to transfer money across the globe. The whole idea of fiat isn't really sustainable in itself, since the average lifespan of fiat past 775 fiat currencies is about 25 years. Also bitcoin is transparent and it's growth rate is pretty predictable.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
December 08, 2015, 01:54:27 PM
Because Bitcoin success story has only just begun  Wink
Bitcoin is to banking what the Internet was to telephony. The most exciting thing about it is not anything that we have seen yet, but what it can become in the future.In the 1990s, we saw the same story play out with telephony and the Internet. The telephone network saw relatively few innovations because it was a closed network with the telephone company setting the rules of communication. Then, the Internet came online as an open, peer-to-peer network, enabling thousands of new apps and innovations we would have never dreamed of even a decade ago – the rest is history!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
December 08, 2015, 01:52:20 PM
Some good reasons why you use bitcoin.

1. It is fast. Transactions are instantaneous and confirmation times are usually done withing 10 minutes.
2. It is cheap to transfer any amount of money anywhere. Fees are insignificant at this point.
3. Your bitcoin are your alone, they can't be blocked by bank, IRS or any institutions.
4. There are no charge backs.
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
December 08, 2015, 01:51:17 PM

The bitcoin network is an easier payment network, faster to use than other payment methods. You do not need to register any information and have access to a world wide market where you can earn and spend.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
December 08, 2015, 01:47:30 PM

Pages:
Jump to: