Author

Topic: Why should people use Bitcoin? - page 183. (Read 122103 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
March 31, 2016, 06:12:57 AM
I think it has many advantages even without considering criminal activity, Privacy which is so valued in our current time is better in bitcoin than in banks and the like even if not completely anonymous, Also the fees for doing payments is relatively low IMO.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
March 31, 2016, 03:00:48 AM
people use bitcoin to earn more money.. on the otherhand few use bitcoin to gain knoeledge about new technologies.. and most probably people use it for online shopping...
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
March 31, 2016, 12:05:23 AM
Digital payments owned by the people for the people
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 05, 2016, 04:49:25 AM
why you're still debating, the question should be this, why you should use fiat at this point, when we are free to choose a new system that is fully under our control?

and if you want to use fiat why the hell you're even here posting?:..
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
January 05, 2016, 03:26:51 AM
Relatively easy to use, very low fees and allows international transaction with no extra costs.

Not too easy to used I think , I tell my family to use bitcoin i've explain it . they still confused and call things in the internet mostly suck and scam they even tell me to be careful.
So the "easy to used" part I couldn't agree as my experience say it all.

That is right. It is still hard letting them see what benefits they can get. So easy to use is still on the low side. It still needs to be exchange through a paper money to be "easy to use" but regarding directly using it is really hard for now.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 04, 2016, 05:48:58 AM
its not easy indeed to convince anyone to use bitcoin. you'd have to explain to them how to use the wallet, my brother said "do you really believe I can remember this ridiculous wallet address?"  
I guess people aren't just open to learn something new even when you say its a real money too. I told him I earn my bitcoin in the forum at I'm just staying at home. and he's like " yeah stay at home."

They do help me spend my btc though, so I guess they're learning somehow.  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 04, 2016, 05:32:03 AM
Bitcoin is the future of money, or so they say.

I would like to hear your opinions on Why should people use Bitcoin?

People should use bitcoin because bitcoin same like real money, can buy anything and pay anything by online. and yes, bitcoin is the future of money.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
January 04, 2016, 05:07:49 AM
Relatively easy to use, very low fees and allows international transaction with no extra costs.

Not too easy to used I think , I tell my family to use bitcoin i've explain it . they still confused and call things in the internet mostly suck and scam they even tell me to be careful.

As far as in present situation and the popularity of bitcoin, I do believe it is too hard to use bitcoin is a currency in many countries. But it would be easy to use bitcoin as an investment for a better future in long term.
I strongly believe it is time to use bitcoin as an investment.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
January 04, 2016, 04:28:43 AM

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
January 04, 2016, 04:11:31 AM
Exactly. They hope you sign up and forget about it.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 04, 2016, 04:08:08 AM
I tell people why I think our current monetary system is broken and why Bitcoin is better in a post on my blog.

I skim read your article.  Nice essay of all the benefits.  I like the Push/Pull argument.  Companies seem to be getting sneakier about enforcing recurring 'pull' payments for services, e.g. renewal of memberships.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 04, 2016, 03:48:44 AM
I don't think common people "should" use Bitcoin right now, it's very complicated for most, specially women and not tech savvy people. I don't want to sound harsh but that's my experience. Also to be honest everything can be done via credit cards or paypal, there's not an actual need for Bitcoin for them. Privacy is an illusion and credit cards have insurance, there's no risk and they are instant.

Bitcoin strengths are other things, like its unique technology, disruptive ideas that can be applied or used in the future but because of price volatility and difficult to get a hold of it hasn't found a niche yet.

Yes for the general Bitcoin user, and for people that have not delved into how it works, it's hard to see benefits to its use at the moment.  The more that places accept Bitcoin for products and services the more people will see it's benefits.  All a matter of time.  As time goes on I think we'll see Bitcoin adoption grow exponentially.

Confidence in the national Fiat currency and banks is also a factor.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
January 04, 2016, 03:42:01 AM
I tell people why I think our current monetary system is broken and why Bitcoin is better in a post on my blog.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
January 04, 2016, 03:30:30 AM

Very right. Exact words that would describe bitcoin. Unlike those other money transfer companies that eats a lot of your money due to transaction fees.
Activity: 630
January 03, 2016, 04:57:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 03, 2016, 04:02:42 PM
People should use Bitcoin like crazy, so the blockchain gets so bloated that it is useless, so that Bitcoin collapses before the world is drawn in, and everyone is hurt worse than fiat could ever think of hurting them.

Here's how to bloat the blockchain. We need about a thousand developers to do this, and then send fake messages back and forth like crazy, while getting others to do the same. http://cryptograffiti.info/#about

Smiley
Activity: 504
January 03, 2016, 08:43:14 AM
Because bitcoin price will eventually skyrocketed high, that can be used for investment in the future.
Maybe with that you can buy things that you need in real life.
many people are not concerned about the price in future, rich people will think for a transaction convenience, what do you think bitcoin has it?

Yeah it has that feature as you can transact 24/7 with bitcoins, no banks will provide you this feature, and bitcoin transactions are very easy and transparent, so if people focus on it in a proper way, then there would increase in the customer base of bitcoins for sure, as bank fees are too high to afford.
all right, all the conveniences there are on bitcoin, but the main problem is about the legality of bitcoin, I was just watching the news on television about bitcoin, that there are some countries that prohibit bitcoin like russia, Malaysia, etc
and it makes many investors doubt
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 03, 2016, 08:16:08 AM
People should start using bitcoin because it's a nice thing to have on the side to save up for. You don't have to keep up with everything to get into bitcoin.
I've learned that myself, if you're just trying out a different method of saving, bitcoin could be an option for you as well.
If you just keep up with what the value of bitcoin is every now and then, you'd come a long way with making profits.

I agree with you my friend. Other people who have saved their money here have profited now. It is not like just a piggy bank. It is your own bank that keep on moving. Rising or going down.
i am not among those who are profited because i have joined one month ago when the bitcoin price is still in the range of $490 ~
i bought some bitcoin.. Huft I have yet to benefit from bitcoin
Activity: 532
January 02, 2016, 12:13:38 PM
I use bitcoin because I am anonymous using this cryptocurency.
Also I like the blockchain transparency.
I don't particularly like the transparency blockchain, where anyone can knowing how much bitcoin in a bitcoin address
and very transparent in transactions
What are the benefits? I prefer hidden and secret
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2016, 12:01:40 PM
Because bitcoin price will eventually skyrocketed high, that can be used for investment in the future.
Maybe with that you can buy things that you need in real life.
many people are not concerned about the price in future, rich people will think for a transaction convenience, what do you think bitcoin has it?

Yeah it has that feature as you can transact 24/7 with bitcoins, no banks will provide you this feature, and bitcoin transactions are very easy and transparent, so if people focus on it in a proper way, then there would increase in the customer base of bitcoins for sure, as bank fees are too high to afford.
Jump to: