Pages:
Author

Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom - page 13. (Read 6714 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Maybe they are more interested in bitcoin so they sell it to switch to bitcoin that show different movements different altcoins tend to move slowly and bitcoin is fast so they think investing in bitcoin promises more profit
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1
At the bottom, altcoins are sold only by bountists who want to get profit faster,or by people who are afraid to lose all their money and return at least something,but I've never done that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
it's all because of panic and fear, and also because don't have a good basic analysis, just sell and buy based on feeling.
and btw, some people sell their altcoin in the bottom  because they need money or they want to move to another coin.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
Selling the altcoin at very bottom is very painful but i don't sell my altcoins at lowest as i believe in crypto market that it will rise and so as the altcoins. Anyways you will get nothing so it's better to hold the altcoins.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
Well. I don't think anybody would intentionally sell off his or her coins at the very bottom. But come to think of this, here is a coin without any significant activities and development from team, whereby coin price continues to decrease every blessed day. I think dumping such a coin at any available price is worth it. At least, to cut down lost.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
I wonder why people will hold coins for long and sell at massive dip even when the project still keeps updates coming. I only sell off my long term holdings when the project looks extinct or when team members are not serious  with project development.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
Because they are afraid of altcoin future, they rather buy Bitcoin that survived 10 years. Still the first one in market cap, the most decentralized and the safest blockchain what we have ever had.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.

No, it doesn't. The reason people do sell at the bottom is because they don't know it's the bottom. This sort of thing is very easy to identify with hindsight, but at the time, as the markets have been falling month after month, it is quite understandable that some people have just had enough and want to sell to at least recoup a proportion of their outlay. It may not be a good decision, but it is understandable.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
of course the reason most people sell their atlcoin when at a low price is because they are afraid that the price of the coin will fall deeper, so they choose to sell it immediately to cut losses
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
I have no plans to sell coins at the lowest price. The sale of cryptos certainly must consider the after-effects, both for ourselves and the general effects on the market. Selling coins at the bottom price will certainly be very influential, as well as large losses to the rampant dumped coins due to the sale. It would be better if we start wiser in seeing and considering the crypto market. So, we will not be easily tempted to sell at the lowest price.
Why would someone do that? People are here in the crypto market for profits and not for loss. Selling ones coins at the lowest price happens due to panic only. There is something called panic sell and that is triggered only when you think the market is going to crash more upon a little loss in the value. This happened back in 2018 and people lost huge value. Those who understand the market cycle would stay in the game.

Activity: 532
Merit: 11
♦♦♦♦♦
sometimes cutlost or sell at bottom price isn't bad way, with that we can rebuy at another bottom price or we can change the alt coin. not all coin can comeback after going down. that why choose another better option isn't bad at all
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Maybe it depends on the situation from the holders there are several reasons why they sell their altcoins right at the very bottom, i think this is the main reason why they sell their altcoins at the very bottom which is they need money for emergency situation.

Whatever the situation, it only makes sense to sell at the bottom if it is not yet the bottom, and the price of a cat goes down below. In all other cases, it is more expedient to find money elsewhere, and wait for the price to push off from the bottom.
we have to thinking why this condition happen to us.it should be big mistakes for us if we still hold our asset till price go to bottom.we need to learn again about trend reversal so in future we could improve our mistakes and do the best to our trading result.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 622
I have no plans to sell coins at the lowest price. The sale of cryptos certainly must consider the after-effects, both for ourselves and the general effects on the market. Selling coins at the bottom price will certainly be very influential, as well as large losses to the rampant dumped coins due to the sale. It would be better if we start wiser in seeing and considering the crypto market. So, we will not be easily tempted to sell at the lowest price.
Activity: 394
Merit: 1
it makes sense to sell altcoins at the bottom of the price. I personally if I have a coin that does not have a price change, of course I will exchange with other coins. investing doesn't just focus on just one coin, so if you want to get big money, you need to invest with lots of coins that experience price developments. do a new strategy
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I am someone who benefited from investing in altcoins during my initial days here (2012-13). Investing in Litecoin back then gave me 12x profits in less than one year. But a couple of years later, I realized that Litecoin no longer had any future potential and I converted whatever remained of my initial stash, to BTC. Around that time, the Ethereum ICO happened and I skipped that one. And those who invested in it got as much as 200x returns in two years. The same happened with the ADA listing as well. So I would say that if you are investing in the right altcoin, there is still a chance of getting very good returns. But for me, I am more interested in securing whatever I have managed to earn during the last 6-7 years. I would rather stick to BTC.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
I do not see that altcoins are close to the bottom. Maybe if you look at USD graphs, but not sure at BTC price graphs.
People see undervalued altcoins but it doesn´t mean that there will be no further dumps.  Smiley
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The leader I love leaves the project.  Lips sealed
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
did i hear the question right ? sell at the verry bottom  ? hmm strange  . there will be less people that will be doing that because selling at lows is not benficial unless you badly need the money  . 

majority of user will only sell at the verry highest peak and then they'l be buying at the lowest price point  . in  my case i will only sell at the verry bottom if ever i receive a sh*tcoin from an airdrop or on a bounty and if i observed that its value is going down  .
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Whether a certain price of altcoin is its bottom or not no one can know. Everyone needs money and therefore people sell altcoins even if they are dissatisfied with the current price.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
to be honest i mostly do not sell. but there is a fact that it is impossible to understand if it is really very bottom or not. maybe it will keep going down. who knows. altcoins keep going down for 1.5 years.
Pages:
Jump to: