Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 162. (Read 270138 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
In future, you can mortgage it and get a fiat loan to spend

I think to take more advantages one should sell when they have a decent profits and no need to wait for long time because future of bitcoin is not very clear.
New technology generally takes a long time to adapt. Consider the transition from VHS to DVDs. At first no one wanted to buy a DVD player or even seen it's value. While the future of bitcoin is not fully clear, I am sure it is hear to stay. It's technological potential is profound.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

I think to take more advantages one should sell when they have a decent profits and no need to wait for long time because future of bitcoin is not very clear.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
now price bitcoin down to 276$
any 1 still hold it ?
i think price will be down to 250$ Cheesy

sell now before you late and buy back at 250$ Smiley

and now $261, up or down i dont know, I am confused as to sell it now or anytime ?

If you are here long term it should matter $100 up or down. That's nothing compared to 10 years from now, thats why I dont understand people panicking over it daily.
Activity: 294
any 1 still hold it ?

and now $261, up or down i dont know, I am confused as to sell it now or anytime ?
Activity: 331
Never say never.Everything once purchased can be sold.
legendary
Merit: 1023
I think it is a bad idea. You see many people brought at 1000+, if they missed to sell at correct time then they all are now in huge loss. So when you invest then keep you eye on your investment always.
Activity: 294
i think it's better to keep the btc.
because if i sell btc and buy things i want, its too risk.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
any 1 still hold it ?

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Activity: 350

Did he specifically said "a billion"? that seems like too much of a prediction. I think the textual quote was "bitcoin will either be a lot of be worthless in the future", I dont think he never gave an actual value prediction for 1 BTC.

No I am sorry he did not specifically say a billion, he did not define any particular value of bitcoin otherwise everybody would be waiting with a stop watch about when bitcoin hits a billion dollars and crib about how satoshi is a scammer.

That kinda breaks my heart a bit. The only reason I got into this was what Satoshi wrote in 2009 on 4chan  - 'U iz gonna be WELL fuckin' rich. At da least 50 million smackeroonies per coin, biyatches. Yee HAW.'

He didn't write that? Damn.

HAHAHA
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
OP has a point though when he says not to convert bitcoins into fiat if it ever reaches, say, $10.000. If it ever reaches that, more merchants will also be integrating bitcoin into their stores.
You will basically be able to buy almost everything with Bitcoins, and I could also see some governments embracing the cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Did he specifically said "a billion"? that seems like too much of a prediction. I think the textual quote was "bitcoin will either be a lot of be worthless in the future", I dont think he never gave an actual value prediction for 1 BTC.

That kinda breaks my heart a bit. The only reason I got into this was what Satoshi wrote in 2009 on 4chan  - 'U iz gonna be WELL fuckin' rich. At da least 50 million smackeroonies per coin, biyatches. Yee HAW.'

He didn't write that? Damn.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
for everyday fast altcoins are needed
Yes it's right.
But the value of the altcoins is so volatile that it's nearly impossible to implement them in daily transactions.

Just like Bitcoin was more volatile and now it seems to be calming down, so these alts will and would calm down as they become bigger and as they mature more.
Bitcoin calming is the situation of silence before a big storm.
And you will see a big pump in near future.

That is true, and I would never sell all my bitcoins as it guarantees me the financial security at the retirement age, and it can be proved to be the best future investment So I would never sell all my bitcoins but at the time of emergency I would sell part of it.

As Satoshi once said,' Either a bitcoin could be worth a billion dollars or zero, only time can tell'. The price of your bitcoins is a result of the amount of demand and supply there is in the market. If you do not make proper use of your bitcoins upto its potential at the right place, at the right time, it might not reel you as much profit as you think it could. Know your investments before you blow your investments.

Activity: 315
Yes it's right.
But the value of the altcoins is so volatile that it's nearly impossible to implement them in daily transactions.

Just like Bitcoin was more volatile and now it seems to be calming down, so these alts will and would calm down as they become bigger and as they mature more.

That is true, and I would never sell all my bitcoins as it guarantees me the financial security at the retirement age, and it can be proved to be the best future investment So I would never sell all my bitcoins but at the time of emergency I would sell part of it.

As Satoshi once said,' Either a bitcoin could be worth a billion dollars or zero, only time can tell'. The price of your bitcoins is a result of the amount of demand and supply there is in the market. If you do not make proper use of your bitcoins upto its potential at the right place, at the right time, it might not reel you as much profit as you think it could. Know your investments before you blow your investments.

That is true, I keep on selling my bitcoins when I am in need of money, and at that time I don't wait for the prices to go up, I convert it into my local currency and take care of my expenses, it is better to sell when you need money or else you cannot afford to keep on holding it and don't use when you are in need of money.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Yes it's right.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Yes it's right.

Activity: 994
I'm not a huge fan of the whole mindset "don't sell because look at what it could be!" If and when Bitcoin reaches huge prices of $10k+, sure, you won't ever have to transfer your Bitcoin into USD, ever. However, in the meantime, people should be encouraged to spend and trade their Bitcoins, because holding does nothing for spreading Bitcoin.

I believe that bitcoins should be treated just like any other investment one would, and buy and sell it, trade it according to the market situations. Holding is easy, and safe but I don't know, I just think that buying something and keeping it with you for years will make you a millionaire. Weird. I like to trade, so I do it looking how the market is. The power of bitcoin is that once it hits its potential, nobody needs to convert it to USD. People with USD will be running places to convert their money into btc
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
I'm not a huge fan of the whole mindset "don't sell because look at what it could be!" If and when Bitcoin reaches huge prices of $10k+, sure, you won't ever have to transfer your Bitcoin into USD, ever. However, in the meantime, people should be encouraged to spend and trade their Bitcoins, because holding does nothing for spreading Bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Yes it's right.

It calm now, but wait until china comes back into play.

they been on the fence of bitcoin on and off so I cant wait till another country like china steps in saying they accept bitcoin again to see huge volumes of volatility.
legendary
Merit: 1002
The title is funny, there is not much point in having 1000 BTC worth $10 billion if all you gonna do is stare at the zeros in your wallet. The real gratification of having Bitcoin is being able to buy stuff with it at some point Tongue Having said that, I do plan on always having at least 1 BTC saved up  Smiley

Are you sure? I have no problem holding 1000 BTC worth $10 billion and staring at the zeros 3 times a day in my wallet  Cheesy  I don't have too much things to buy anyway, all the latest gadgets are disappointing, and cost of ownership concern will make bitcoin the best asset to hold

As long as youre debt free, I dont see why not right.

but most people arent so I feel like they will eventually sell out to pay off their debt or something. Also, I see it worth that amount like you mentioned only cause we havent reach the unbankd countries that opens new commerce to them as well.

its a huge cheap money transmitter beating western union etc.
Jump to: