Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 159. (Read 270138 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 08, 2015, 06:31:29 PM
Bitcoin must be sold in one way or another.

Or how exactly you want a liquid economy in bitcoin?

Imagine if all the miners who mined bitcoin would have never sold them, then bitcoin would never exist, as the trading volume also determines the value of the coin.

And for each buy you need a sell, so sorry but your logic is flawed OP!

You are the one who is flawed. Bitcoin miners would pay their electricity with the Bitcoin they mined.
You are basically saying that if an economy were based on gold, then miners would never sell the gold and thus gold would never exists. Really ?

That said, there is a price were I would get rid of my Bitcoin, not necessary against fiat, but this depends on many factors.
The better question is : At which point do you feel sufficiently wealthy so you stop producing but start consuming your capital ?

On my part, I would say between 1 and 2 Million worth of USD. The problem is that I like programming on bitcoin so much, that after 1 month I doubt my life would be different from today. Smiley

Its ideal, but not realistic.

The reason is because the rate needs to be at a minimum high, and cant fall any lower then that # or else the bitcoin miner itself will eventually be in the red if the rates were to drop.

Rates that make a $100 difference will hurt you faster and you`ll have to figure out how to recover that for each time the rate goes down. Remind you still have to pay the exact amount each month for your electricity cost.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2015, 06:31:19 PM
In my opinion, bitcoin will never get again to 1000$, not talking about 10k. The world leaders will not let it happen, because all the paper money in the world will be worthless.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 08, 2015, 06:22:31 PM
Because maybe sometime, the Bitcoin price will gone high to $100000 and then i will buy for much money Smiley

Your valuation is just nothing but hopes and dreams friend lol.

You gotta come back down on the ground with a sense of reality that this coin needs foundation of an event that leads to that point.

Hopes and dreams dont pay lol.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 08, 2015, 06:16:20 PM
Whether someone sells or not his btc depends on a simple question, why do you have bitcoin in the first place? Maybe someone here is hoarding btc, gold and silver, if this is the case a person like this will not sell any of these assets unless the prices soared and maybe even then this person will not sell.

But if you are a person that earns a little btc on the side as a way to make a little bit of side income then is probable that you sell all your bitcoin daily or something like that.

So the decision to sell BTC is a personal one.
legendary
Activity: 1106
September 08, 2015, 01:13:25 PM
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

agreed, if no one solf their coins, the supply would be VERY limited and the price would skyrocket.

Wait, AFAIK the price will rise if the demand is more than supply. it's useless if no one buy some coins, the price will stable if no one sold their coins(and no one buy a some coins).
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 08, 2015, 11:09:21 AM

Imagine if all the miners who mined bitcoin would have never sold them, then bitcoin would never exist, as the trading volume also determines the value of the coin.

You are the one who is flawed. Bitcoin miners would pay their electricity with the Bitcoin they mined.
You are basically saying that if an economy were based on gold, then miners would never sell the gold and thus gold would never exists. Really ?

That said, there is a price were I would get rid of my Bitcoin, not necessary against fiat, but this depends on many factors.
The better question is : At which point do you feel sufficiently wealthy so you stop producing but start consuming your capital ?

On my part, I would say between 1 and 2 Million worth of USD. The problem is that I like programming on bitcoin so much, that after 1 month I doubt my life would be different from today. Smiley

Hold on i didnt said that that was a realistic scenario, i was just pointing out what would have happened in that case.

Remember also back then it was easy to mine, so you spend 1000$ tops on electricity and you got 100000 worhless bitcoin that you can use for fun.

It would have been only for hobby, but if you`d knew or had a feeling in your gut, that those 100000 bitcoin would be worht tens of millions of $ in a few years, then no miner ever would have sold that, and would have paid the electricity with their salary.

I bet if the gold miner would know that gold price would reach 100,000$ soon, none of them would sell any gold, and would just take a huge loan and finance their expenses from that.
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
September 08, 2015, 08:03:26 AM
Because maybe sometime, the Bitcoin price will gone high to $100000 and then i will buy for much money Smiley
Activity: 448
September 06, 2015, 04:53:30 PM
Yes. In the future, Bitcoin will be worth far more than what it is worth today and all fiat currencies will probably collapse. When that happens by then, Bitcoin will have effectively replaced fiat currency so it would become pointless to sell for fiat ever again. Bitcoin has a lot of potential and we will probably see a day where we will never have to sell for fiat ever again.
Activity: 714
Merit: 661
September 06, 2015, 10:23:26 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 05, 2015, 07:27:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
September 04, 2015, 10:11:47 PM
The example you say about the fiat currencies eventually tumbling to zero can be flipped on Bitcoin the exact same way. If Bitcoin were to reach 10,000 a coin, you assume that it would remain steady and that no one should convert to fiat, but realistically you can't be precise if the price wouldn't crash. When we were at 1,000+ a coin, many speculated we would be "to the moon" a year from that, and the direct opposite happened. I don't blame anyone for wanting to convert to fiat at 10k per coin. It's taking the safe way out (believe it or not) which isn't a bad thing.

People don't have to cash them out/ exchange for bitcoin. They could just buy things with it instead, but I guess there's only so much stuff people can buy or want. I think if bitcoin does reach 1k again a lot of people will just cash them out to recoup their losses but the mass dumping will likely send the price going back the opposite way.

They don't necessarily have to cash out to fiat. They could convert it to stock, or even precious metals like gold or silver. The point I'm making is that people will cash out to something a bit more stable if they were to get a giant ROI.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 04, 2015, 09:32:54 AM
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

agreed, if no one solf their coins, the supply would be VERY limited and the price would skyrocket.

If no one sold the trade would stop and the coin would be dead...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 04, 2015, 09:30:09 AM

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 04, 2015, 05:40:25 AM
im not selling my BTCs - im just using tchem to buy goods.

not my fault some companies sell them later tho..

how about your cost ? are you have other job ?
"real job in real life" ?

i will sell my bitcoin if price go up to 230 above
because i will save it to USD to pay some cost

just know most people cant do this full time unless they the owners of something like primedice. lol.

so its safe to assume that most people will sell during its price at any given moment.

bills to pay etc, rent.                                                                    

So lissandra,master yi ,nautalis,morganna I think, Am I missing something here? And morde
Activity: 172
contracorriente
September 04, 2015, 04:32:44 AM
fiat is worthless monopoly paper that lose value every year, thats why i will never sell my coins, i just hoard coins and wait to use it instead of sell for millions ass paper
Activity: 188
September 03, 2015, 05:21:41 PM
there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero

yes thats was before debt money. but if you think about it long enough you will realize that  1us dollar can not worth 0 because it is scarse, how is that? all the world has more debt that all the dollars in it. by definition, that is the way us dollars are printed.

now you will tell me china bonds gold blah blah blah.

if china sell all the bonds in one day better for usa, they will rebuy their debt for penies.

Activity: 168
September 01, 2015, 04:34:27 PM
im not selling my BTCs - im just using tchem to buy goods.

not my fault some companies sell them later tho..

how about your cost ? are you have other job ?
"real job in real life" ?

i will sell my bitcoin if price go up to 230 above
because i will save it to USD to pay some cost

just know most people cant do this full time unless they the owners of something like primedice. lol.

so its safe to assume that most people will sell during its price at any given moment.

bills to pay etc, rent.                                                                     
Activity: 168
September 01, 2015, 04:26:59 PM
now I really regret not selling my bitcoin, and now the price dropped to $237 before $256
im big loss  Angry

what does it mean term "big loss" in your small world. at 100BTC it is "loss" of 1900USD which is literally nothing and honestly, I really don't expect, that you have more than 100BTC...

so hold your mouth and bitcoin now, it is the best advice ever.

most people here don't even have a single bitcoin. so it's safe to assume that he doesn't have more than 100btc. him wearing a paid signature confirms this even more.

isnt that a little bit of naive thinking though.

if the current rates of 1 btc is 200 dollars, what youre basically saying is most people dont even have $200 to spare to buy 1 btc?
Activity: 331
September 01, 2015, 03:52:27 PM
If you do not sell, the price can increase according to supply and demand theory.If the daily volume decreases and price increases , at a point BTC will self terminate itself.Why?If the money circulation is zero then BTC is dead.
Activity: 994
Yes, i believe to that bitcoin will not stop here. this is the first time that the price go down. The bitcoin is spreading every day more and this a clear sign of its success. Its volatility is known it it will be such since the time when it will be well known and it will be mature as a currency. I will not sell my bitcoin.

I just feel the title has been a little too exaggerated Tongue Bitcoin must be sold too in order for trade to take place, and by selling of bitcoin, I do not mean cashing out, I just mean trade taking place, bitcoin being spent in exchange of goods and services. If you are investing in bitcoin for a very long term profit, I think you should consider cold storage, you will profit Smiley
Jump to: