Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Altcoin be as important as Bitcoin? - page 13. (Read 3835 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
September 22, 2018, 06:50:23 PM
Yes. Some alts are great investments and though it will take them time to reach the success Bitcoin has gained, they have a lot of potential and have more successful projects going than the pioneer.
Ethereum is the most popular alt and has now gained acceptance among big companies like Microsoft, Intel, JP Morgan and can easily cross the $1000 mark by the end of 2018.
Other good alts are Litecoin, Monero, Stellar. You can expect good amount of profits from these coins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0
September 22, 2018, 04:25:34 PM
This is impossible because bitcoin is a main cryptocurrency such as USA dollar for fiat money. Maybe some altcoins which have a good protocol such as Neo, ADA and perspective QuickXprotokol will be costed near the bitcoin price.
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
September 22, 2018, 04:18:34 PM
I think that altcoins are already extremely important, their market caps (together) already are equal to BTCs market cap, isn't it the prove?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 269
September 22, 2018, 02:30:31 PM
surely they will be . maybe they will be more important than bitcoin. but we need some time for adoption. after that adoption i believe alts will important as bitcoin..

every altcoin must have something that isn't important. because each altcoin also has stages to achieve a good goal. so at this time always need a process so that each altcoin can be considered important like bitcoin
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
The World’s First Blockchain Core
September 22, 2018, 01:43:24 PM
surely they will be . maybe they will be more important than bitcoin. but we need some time for adoption. after that adoption i believe alts will important as bitcoin..
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 22, 2018, 01:39:57 PM
Yeah Altcoins will be as important as Bitcoin. There are many Altcoins created similarly as foundations and methods as bitcoin, indeed these also have a strong and high value in the market. However, altcoins will never be same or overtake the position of Bitcoin. Altcoins will always follow Bitcoin.
A cryptocurrency project that has a coin should be classified as a coin. They all should have a purpose.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
September 22, 2018, 01:28:36 PM
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?
The competition is positive thing. Bitcoin has some weaknesses which might decrease the probability of using it as a mean of payment and make it just  a digital store of value. some other altcoins are suitable for payments, but do not have enough recognition that make them a store of value, while other projects introduced the smart contract technology. So some altcoins will have important role in the future, not only Bitcoin.
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
September 22, 2018, 01:14:53 PM
Yeah Altcoins will be as important as Bitcoin. There are many Altcoins created similarly as foundations and methods as bitcoin, indeed these also have a strong and high value in the market. However, altcoins will never be same or overtake the position of Bitcoin. Altcoins will always follow Bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 22, 2018, 01:09:53 PM
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?

Of course, altcoins are very important. If only pioneer, the market will not last. That is why altcoins are so important to the market. They are as important as btc
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
September 22, 2018, 01:05:05 PM
Yes, Ofcourse-Without altcoins bitcoin will be useless. Bitcoin will be use on deepweb or dark market- Great things happen when Bitcoin introduce blockchain to the world and that's why we have several altcoins and offer in public and private sector. With the evolution of technology we are adopting the new era of innovation and this is why we have altcoins.
Activity: 273
Merit: 15
September 22, 2018, 12:59:56 PM
Well i think some altcoins are already be as important as Bitcoin, like some altcoin thaht so stable on the market. But it will not possible to be more important than Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 12:57:44 PM
I think the altcoin which is Ethereum has already positioned and proven itself that it can be more popular than Btc, Etheruem just need more improvements to do so.
Activity: 322
homt.net
September 22, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Learning by doing. For me of course bitcoin still the first. It is the most beneficial coin than others. In this kind situation you will know that good and bad come by surprise. The price will be up and down and we must be clever in choosing what should we do. But bitcoin still the first for me. The more we trust..it will be more usefull for us.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
September 22, 2018, 12:01:12 PM
The name "altcoin" itself says that it is alternative. The first one is Bitcoin and it is improving step by step. But may once any altcoin like ETH will replace it - everything is possible.

Of course, everything is possible, but personally, I don't think that bitcoin is going to fail as the king of crypto because of an altocoin, aka bitcoin killer. There were plenty of such self-proclaimed bitcoin killers in the past, most of them are already gone and long forgotten. It doesn't mean that bitcoin can't fail but if it is set to fail, it will be due to its internal flaws and problems, not because of some super-duper coin taking its place all by its own.

We had already seen something like that about a year ago when bitcoin cash branched off from the main blockchain but it still failed to surpass the original bitcoin and remained just an altcoin, while bitcoin preserved its position at the top intact. So why should it be different in the future?
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
September 22, 2018, 11:54:20 AM
Obviously, the most important coin on the crypto market is bitcoin. The whole market depends on it. The second most important coin is certainly the Etherium, and it will always stand next to bitcoin and no Ripple or EOS will be able to replace it.
Activity: 184
September 22, 2018, 11:23:45 AM
As time goes by, altcoin will become an important coin other than BTC, as currently the ETH is in great demand and is used as a means of payment when participating in trading, ICO, so all that will come true if the price of the coin is stable it does not experience significant changes, that's wrong one coin factor will be important like BTC
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
September 22, 2018, 10:39:49 AM
I don’t think that there is any other crypto currency that is even comparable to bitcoin, bitcoin is the most popular and the most successful crypto currency and I guess is the most superior one and that is why on the top of all the crypto ranking and this could be the most probable reason that why millions of people are investing into bitcoin and is the most sustainable crypto currency and this is able to made its existence since more than a decade, though etherum is also very profitable crypto currency but I don’t think that it will also be so important as bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
September 22, 2018, 02:25:21 AM
The name "altcoin" itself says that it is alternative. The first one is Bitcoin and it is improving step by step. But may once any altcoin like ETH will replace it - everything is possible.
in my opinion, yes, it is just as important as altcoin and bitcoin in the same way that work and generate the same profit in my opinion both are mutually beneficial. so we have to know that altcoin and bitcoin are influenced by the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
September 22, 2018, 01:54:47 AM
They will be as important, as good as bitcoin is there is always the fact that it cannot serve everybody in the world and that is where altcoins come in. Also I think that once cryptos are the accepted currencies then all of the countries are going to make and manage all of their own coins just like they all have their currencies now in fiat.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
September 20, 2018, 04:43:51 PM
I think even if Bitcoin is in the lead of the cryptocurrency market you still need some good runners up from Altcoins. As such I'm of the opinion that Altcoins would become the next best alternative if not better.
Pages:
Jump to: