Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 16. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 07, 2018, 06:19:41 AM
This only happens when bitcoin price volatility is not large and is controlled by the government, then may happen this.
Activity: 3
August 07, 2018, 05:46:45 AM
I think it is very difficult to do this. As the price of bitcoin can rise and fall, it's hard to control. To do so the bank risks very large
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1768
August 06, 2018, 09:08:10 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Definitely banks will offer bitcoin deposit in the future because for sure they know what is the potential returns of bitcoin that could help their banking business.

I am also pretty sure that in the future also banks will offer to accept Bitcoin deposits. It is only a matter of time before it will happen. But even if that's possible, I'd rather keep my Bitcoins in cold storage and not give any bank control over it. I would also advise all other people. Keep control of your coins and do not give them to any bank, if it is not necessary.  Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
August 06, 2018, 08:50:12 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Definitely banks will offer bitcoin deposit in the future because for sure they know what is the potential returns of bitcoin that could help their banking business.
Activity: 32
August 06, 2018, 07:47:08 AM
I think in the future there will be large financial institutions that will link with banks to receive bitcoin deposits, they speculate on bitcoin and will use bitcoin as a tool to attract investment.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
August 06, 2018, 07:31:35 AM
Probably it will not be going to happen because the management of the banks already have knowledge how risky cryptocurrencies is. They can't control the flow of the price of this coins. And also, it will be difficult for them to gained profits because the volatility of crypto coins is high and unpredictable.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
August 06, 2018, 07:31:20 AM
I can see possibilities in this statement, in the near future we can say that there will be banks offering deposits for bitcoins, yes this will be possible in the near future since bitcoins is very popular now and it has a great value. I hope that there will come a time that bitcoin transactions through banks would be possible.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
August 06, 2018, 07:21:33 AM
This would definitely happen, considering that banks are there for their profit
Activity: 29
August 06, 2018, 07:19:32 AM

All is going to change in future. People adapt to new technologies. Definitely it would take some time but eventually crypto will be part of our future.

Even we have bitcoin ATMs so future is near. Read more: https://shuftipro.com/blogs/bitcoin-atms/
Activity: 34
August 06, 2018, 07:18:29 AM
Banks with large capital will be willing to take risks at acceptable levels, they will earn more money ro. There may be banks that accept risk to take deposits with Bitcoin
Activity: 76
August 06, 2018, 07:13:52 AM
Maybe but i don't like the idea because we don't really need to use banks to hide or hold our coins, and they'll earn more for sure less profit for us
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
August 06, 2018, 07:10:49 AM
This is a good opportunity for people when the bitcoin is acceptable to foreign banks and can deposit it to facilitate each transaction.
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
August 06, 2018, 06:57:55 AM
The thing is... who will risk money taking into account the high volatility of BTC? Its like having a deposit of something that could move even 20% os its value in a short period of time. Usually banks offer fix income to garantee initial capital and the rest its a derivate, an option most of the times. I cant see that kind of thinking into BTC yet.
Activity: 2
August 06, 2018, 06:57:19 AM
yes, This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decision Of course I believe  Its a very good decision to the banks if they decide to offer this bitcoin deposit becuse  Bitcoin brings many benefits to the economy
Activity: 275
Merit: 10
We offer our Service
August 06, 2018, 06:54:39 AM
For sure the bank are also thinking about that but on my own opinion it would really hard for the bank to do that because btc rate are very volatile that sometimes pump up to 20%+ and some banks offers only 1% interest so might be a reason why banks do not support btc.
Hopefully it will happen if the system for btc deposite is different the regular fiat depositors but let us just wait what the banks will do.
Activity: 325
Merit: 136
August 06, 2018, 06:51:01 AM

Yes that could be possible bitcoin could offer bitcoin deposit in the future it would be additional product for them that could be a source of their other income aside from their regular banking products.
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
August 06, 2018, 06:50:55 AM
it seems like this won't happen. Why is that? because if bitcoin really can be legal in every bank in the world, depositors will likely switch from bank deposits to bitcoin. and this will be a serious problem for the bank itself.

The point is until now why banks do not agree with the existence of bitcoin, this is one of the problems.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
August 06, 2018, 06:48:39 AM
While this sounds interesting, I do hope that banks will never get into bitcoins and cryptocurrency. One of the things that sets cryptocurrency apart from traditional banking is that crypto is does not require trust of any one entity or corporation. It is also cheaper to send money all over the world with no extra charges, unlike traditional banking system. If they started offering and accepting bitcoin deposits then these might be gone, I am afraid.
Activity: 32
August 06, 2018, 06:42:55 AM
Money is everything to a bank, they will not risk their money when bitcoin always fluctuate. They will not offer a Bitcoin deposit service to you.
Activity: 70
August 06, 2018, 06:36:54 AM
impossible to happen, even if banks, or most of them, must oppose the emergence of Bitcoin and all cryptocurrency. We don't really know that some other open-minded bank owners have pondered the opening of the Bitcoin deposit in their system. It's just that they can't easily do that because they follow strict steps and that they might be labeled as junk members.
Pages:
Jump to: