Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 11. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 12
August 18, 2018, 10:17:45 AM
I think that overall banking system will be changed in few years because of blockchain influence. There are some similar to deposit systems at several exchanges, for instance lending system on Poloniex.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 07:55:47 AM
By the popularity of bitcoin and has the potential value, it seems that this is possible in the future. Banks may offer deposits by bitcoin through online. I hope that many banks were into this proposal or makes this into reality.
Activity: 387
Merit: 100
August 16, 2018, 07:40:33 AM
I think so. It will be beneficial to banks. Perhaps the % will be high, but there are people who want to buy 1 bitcoin for the future in installments or credit. Even if it is more expensive, but they will have confidence, because a lot of people believe in banks, not in the stock exchange
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 06:49:39 AM
Definitely Because bitcoin this year is like a Pop song that came out on youtube it spread rapidly And its time for a bank to Make a new gimics Like offering bitcoin deposits Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 04:44:35 AM
Definitely not for cash conversion, Will allow send and receive as Gold or valuable assets!
Because the price of Bitcoin fluctuate more than the normal profit of the bank!
Activity: 61
August 16, 2018, 04:42:40 AM
The profitability that the Bitcoin brings is forcing many entities all over the world to onboard an I think banks will soon join in. I think they are only still finding the best way for them to make profits that's why they haven't yet come on board. People are making a lot of profit from the Bitcoin and I think the banks will want to share in this. It is only a matter of time before this happens. And, I see banks offering features like Bitcoin deposits but maybe with some conditions. What these conditions might be, I do not know yet.
Activity: 28
August 16, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
I think it's going to no longer take place as it has exceptional cutting-edge in the event that they happen? it is going to be manipulated and easy to control through financial institution . So its good to put in wallet and wait till the costs will upward thrust and promote it in an affordable price.
Activity: 134
Merit: 18
August 16, 2018, 04:01:34 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Probably banks have already taken this thought into consideration. It would be a huge step for the bank industry if this will turn into reality.  But of course, i think banks are still hesitant with this idea since bitcoin is rally hard to control.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
August 16, 2018, 03:51:41 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
maybe a bank in my country is impossible to do that. they are too afraid to take risks and are afraid to get something bigger. in my country bitcoin is still known as a fraudulent land.
I don't know which country you speak of, obviously, but there are no country banks anymore as far as I know. All the banks are global corporations and they usually do things worldwide, not country wide. So just wait, it will happen in your country too, the same moment it happens all around the world.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
August 16, 2018, 03:22:23 AM
It will, as BTC continues to arise I think that banks will soon be offering bitcoin deposits, cryptourrency, especially Bitcoin continues to become much more knowned and used throughout the years, and it is not impossible for this to happen.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
August 16, 2018, 03:12:04 AM
Why not make deposits.
Banks guarante whats your btc not be stolen and bring from you comission.
about exchanging to fiat i think this not be available soon
Activity: 138
August 16, 2018, 03:11:13 AM
At this time, reject the existence of criptocurrency / bitcoin, but I'm sure as time goes by the bank will offer bitcoin deposit and receive bitcoin. this is only a matter of time
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
August 16, 2018, 03:07:15 AM
Unless banks embrace crypto, they will be either closing down business or switch to 3rd world countries where they can do business for a few decades.
Activity: 19
August 16, 2018, 03:06:52 AM
I believe banks need some kind of guarantee that they are protected against loss on cryptocurrency before they can offer a deposit, so I guess it's possible, but only after imposing certain regulations on this market.
On the other hand, speaking of deposits, I don't really understand what's the use of leaving your crypto assets with a bank and paying for that if you can easily ensure protection using a cold wallet? Wink
Activity: 70
August 16, 2018, 02:57:47 AM
I dont think so, not now but soon but i want that way, Because bitcoin is so popular and this is a great deal with banks, It would really be nice if they do, but its not going to be real, maybe banks want their organization.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 16, 2018, 02:54:47 AM
maybe a bank in my country is impossible to do that. they are too afraid to take risks and are afraid to get something bigger. in my country bitcoin is still known as a fraudulent land.
Activity: 24
August 16, 2018, 01:33:38 AM
A great deal of organizations presently are embracing this sort of innovation and making benefit since from the plain begin. Perhaps one day banks will understand the huge potential and benefit that the Bitcoin and digital money offers, its simply a question of time before greater part of them may join the pattern so lets trust so. I dont figure banks will ever acknowledge digital money stores as they will be getting their end when they do that,cryptocurrencies needs to end the managing an account framework for what reason would the banks grasped it?You are actually going to murder yourself in the event that you are the bank,cryptocurrencies are decentralizd and banks are brought together which is in opposition to each other. In the event that they'd be on a next level of avarice, I'd state they may give it a go however exceptionally incomprehensible. The legislatures are endeavoring to stop any type of cooperation amongst trades and banks, basically on the grounds that they don't need any communication reinforce between the two. Additionally, it would be somewhat illogical for individuals to keep their BTC in the banks since, well, the primary reason bitcoin is made is for individuals to be their own particular bank, so it would be unexpected and envision the potential benefits you may miss. With everything taken into account, this sounds unlikely and illogical. Most likely impossible, yet conceivable. In spite of the fact that for what reason would individuals do it however. It practically invalidates the point of "being your own bank". I could see individuals utilizing this administration if at any time we had it, cutting straight to the chase. A few people simply would prefer not to waste time with wallet security and stuff. The slanting move of these age is digital money and Bitcoin is the ruler of all, beyond any doubt in the couple of years to come, to stay pertinent Banks should decision than to begin offering Bitcoin exchange which will incorporate BTC stores, sparing, and loaning stage. I figure we will just observe more control if this happens , if the banks will benefit of bitcoin going up are down then they are going to ensure that is what happens. Like somebody said above , this thrashings one reason why bitcoin was designed in any case. So perhaps they will offer it later on yet my expectation is as a network we avoid it.
Activity: 25
August 16, 2018, 01:30:27 AM
A great deal of organizations currently are embracing this sort of innovation and making benefit since from the simple begin. Perhaps one day banks will understand the enormous potential and benefit that the Bitcoin and digital money offers, its simply an issue of time before dominant part of them may join the pattern so lets trust so. I dont figure banks will ever acknowledge cryptographic money stores as they will be getting their end when they do that,cryptocurrencies needs to end the keeping money framework for what reason would the banks grasped it?You are actually going to murder yourself on the off chance that you are the bank,cryptocurrencies are decentralizd and banks are unified which is in opposition to each other. Each nation have their diverse approach against bitcoin however one thing for beyond any doubt that my administration are against with my bitcoin so it won't occur. Presumably improbable, however conceivable. In spite of the fact that for what reason would individuals do it however. It practically nullifies the point of "being your own bank". I could see individuals utilizing this administration if at any time we had it, to get directly to the point. A few people simply would prefer not to waste time with wallet security and stuff.
Activity: 1
August 16, 2018, 12:04:38 AM
It would be very interesting to see this actually happen.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
August 16, 2018, 12:02:56 AM
Nature of bitcoin value is very much volatile.  Some time it reached to the high price of $20000 but now hovering @ around 6k.  So if the bank accepts it as  deposit; what will be the base amount on which the bank will be offering interest.  It is very difficult task.

There is another problem; suppose I go to the bank with one btc fixed deposit in December 2017 when the price was very high.  Bank accepts it a fixed deposit but at the time of payment the price of btc falls to 6000.  Then what will be the amount which the bank will be repaying.

though the solution to this may be ; the Bank pays interest on the average price of the bitcoin during the year.  Also bank repays one btc for one btc.  
Pages:
Jump to: