Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 14. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 41
August 14, 2018, 04:01:44 PM
It will take time before banks will offer us bitcoin fixed deposits service due to the high volatility of bitcoin, because the bank don't have control of the market since it is decentralised and can not be predicted this may lead to losses if the price fall before the period of the fixed deposits. Banks can only offer such service if only they created and own their own crypto coin such as token which will run on a centralized platform.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
August 13, 2018, 01:02:38 PM
According to my point of view banks will never offer bitcoin deposit because bitcoin decentralized in nature. And one thing more Banks find crypto as a major competitor. Let us suppose if banks start depositing and how banks earn income because banks earn income from interest paid by loan holders.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 12:11:51 PM
Well some banks are afraid on crypto existence and I doubt if they do bitcoin deposits on the future but bitcoin popularity and demand is continuously rising and lots of crypto enthusiasts keep saying that it could replace bitcoins investment the bank savings method but we didn't know from now maybe they will have good implentation about this someday.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
August 13, 2018, 12:08:08 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Look we all know that bitcoin is a decentralised crypto currency and there is no such authentic regulating body over the bitcoin and this lacks the control over all the bitcoin activities and thus leading to increasing illegal use of bitcoin like selling drugs, explosives and money laundering and many more and therefore the current emphasis is in how the entire world accepts bitcoin and the countries who are in against of bitcoin should legalised it in their nation, acceptance of bank is secondary.
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
August 11, 2018, 03:25:13 PM
I doubt that this will ever happen but to my mind, this is possible in theory. I think that btc deposits will help you to become successful and earn good profit in the nearest future. To my mind, this is a great idea
Activity: 1764
August 11, 2018, 03:18:58 PM
Everything is possible, but this will take many years, because we see bitcoins for 10 years already, but there are no relations with banks at this time, it is only to hope that the governments of all countries will legalize the cryptocurrency and then the banks will start cooperating.
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 03:13:55 PM
I don't think Banks will ever agree to accept Bitcoin deposits because banks naturally are after maximum profit which Bitcoin may or may not provide. Someone can deposit 1 bitcoin today and by tomorrow it will be worth times 2 of what it was tomorrow then the person approaches the bank for withdrawal, don't you see the bank will be at loss?
Activity: 182
August 11, 2018, 02:15:20 PM
I think, if the bank accepts us to send a bitcoin then this is pretty good, everyone has no worries about securing the key to keep the bitcoin current. This bank will take care of us. But for the bank to keep the bitcoin is high security and it is hoped that blockchain will solve the problem. But I do not like it much, I still want to keep the bitcoin myself and send fiat to the bank, they can still make a profit from this.
The main thing is that investors want to put bitcoin to the bank does not. That's the important thing.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 01:38:41 PM
I think this is possible in the near future (2-5 years) when bitcoin will be recognized officially as digital asset by governments and financial institutions.

I think the bank will not offer you very good conditions. They will get money for themselves first. If we talk rather theoretically. I think it's possible sometimes, maybe after all bitcoin will be mined, and prices can be more predictable.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
August 11, 2018, 01:33:20 PM
Presently the banks are actually afraid of Bitcoin because they think that it's existence is affecting their business. In times coming when they will have no other option but to embrace it and make it there means of earning..

Actually Switzerland (if I recall correctly) now has a bank that accepts btc deposits.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
August 11, 2018, 01:32:11 PM
Presently the banks are actually afraid of Bitcoin because they think that it's existence is affecting their business. In times coming when they will have no other option but to embrace it and make it there means of earning..
Activity: 453
Merit: 104
August 11, 2018, 01:11:30 PM
Bitcoin is invented to oppose the current banking system. I will never ever deposit my bitcoins to any bank. I do not prefer them to involve in this environment.
And we fon't need them to involve in this environtment, we are fine without them now. Whats make us need to use their service? There is no good reason to deposits our bitcoin to them. And we should stop them use people money for their own business. Bank use their customers money to fund certain business.
Activity: 112
August 11, 2018, 01:05:57 PM
No, banks will never ever allow bitcoin to do transactions under them because the two are different individuals and kind of opposite to each other. So it doesn't make sense to have digital currency under the paper money system.
Activity: 120
August 11, 2018, 12:39:51 PM
I don't think the bank will ever allow bitcoin transactions. Well, I'm sure the government is devising a cryptocurrency system as well since digital market is rising it's reached market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
August 11, 2018, 06:00:00 AM
Many cryptocurrency enthusiasts are more than happy to escape the world of fiat, however, being able to successfully transition from using fiat currencies to dealing purely in cryptos will take time and an entirely new banking infrastructure.well it depends on the country but If you're based in a country that still treats cryptos with suspicion then there's the real possibility that your account may be closed as a result of purchasing your favorite coin thereafter.
Activity: 50
August 11, 2018, 05:57:58 AM
It is a dream of sky sky. If everyone is allowed to deposit the bank then everyone will be benefited. I believe this will be beneficial to the government and the bank. This will be easy for investors who work for them. Lips sealed Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
August 10, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
Bitcoin is invented to oppose the current banking system. I will never ever deposit my bitcoins to any bank. I do not prefer them to involve in this environment.
Activity: 47
August 10, 2018, 07:22:38 PM
I can clearly smell that with time, probably with the dynamic nature of our world system and demands it will never be surprise when banks turns to embrace this future currency to be deposited. Anything is possible in the space of time. Let us watch out.
Activity: 56
August 10, 2018, 07:14:02 PM
Now probably not because the State still can not understand what to do with this currency, but in the future it is possible and will be if all agree on one opinion!
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
August 08, 2018, 02:17:58 PM
I am also pretty sure that in the future also banks will offer to accept Bitcoin deposits. It is only a matter of time before it will happen. But even if that's possible, I'd rather keep my Bitcoins in cold storage and not give any bank control over it. I would also advise all other people. Keep control of your coins and do not give them to any bank, if it is not necessary.  Wink

Even if banks were to offer Bitcoin deposits to its customers, I wouldn't trust them with my coins. I believe that I'm better off holding my Bitcoin in cold storage or a hardware wallet, since I'm in control of my private keys. The only good thing about a bank would be the security and management of your Bitcoin, in case you're not very knowledgeable on how to maintain your Bitcoin safe from hacks or theft.

But, trusting a bank with your coins expose a higher risk to you, since they're in control of your private keys, giving them the power to restrict you from accessing your funds at any point in time. Considering the risks involved in Bitcoin such as high volatility and uncertainty, the probability of a real bank offering Bitcoin deposits becomes lower each day. Therefore, it would be a miracle if a bank does such a thing for its customers. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: