Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 13. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
August 15, 2018, 02:37:40 PM
I think, the banks will never accept bitcoin or any other crypto deposits. because cryto price is very volatile and there is very high chance they will be bankrupted.
Activity: 16
August 15, 2018, 02:29:24 PM
Perhaps, but not all banks in my opinion.

They need a dedicated team of IT employees, because it's not so easy to manage cryptos.
Activity: 560
Merit: 255
August 15, 2018, 12:04:26 PM
Yes, i think we all accept that bitcoin has some risks. On the other hand, i think banks could offer bitcoin deposits one day. For me, everything is kinda possible. Time will tell that what will happen with bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
August 15, 2018, 12:03:53 PM
Yes, I believe they will, but not right now because of the downward trend in the crypto market. As soon as the next bull run starts I am sure BTC will hit new heights and everyone will be again interested in Bitcoins. Even now there are several crypto currency banks on the pipe-line that are planning to offer many new services and products based on cryptocurrencies, thus its a matter of time that traditional banks will offer some sort of investment products where you can deposit Bitcoins.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 15, 2018, 11:55:33 AM
It is a good idea in the near future. If Bitcoin can be seen as a currency of the future, why does not this happen sooner? Not only the customers but also the banks will make a lot of profits from sending the BTC. Its value will increase significantly. Not to mention reduced transaction costs, increased utility, market demand will also change positively.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
August 15, 2018, 02:54:28 AM
soon the economy and business will fully adapt the world of Crito will take 5-6 years and all these technologies are closely embedded in our lives a couple of years ago very few people knew what bitcoin is but now everyone says about it
Activity: 74
August 15, 2018, 02:49:48 AM
Nobody can predicts future accurately, but there is always possibilities in everything. Bank can one day accept bitcoin and crypto transactions   
Activity: 122
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
August 15, 2018, 02:01:50 AM
Of course they will, there are banks already that are cashless banks so they are accepting virtual currencies now, so if Bitcoin the leading currency it is not far that Bitcoin will be the first crypto that they will accept.
Activity: 251
Merit: 10
August 15, 2018, 01:51:52 AM
I do not think the banks are going to do ourself maybe we have vaults but virtual encrypted and in some computers outside the network so that they do not steal us suddenly the banks still work but to continue doing coin exchanges or for the sale of metals or other raw materials
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
August 15, 2018, 01:15:48 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Precisely because Bitcoin is too risky for banks, banks will not perform other operations with Bitcoin or other decentralized crypto currency, except for providing services for their exchange into ordinary currency. Bitcoin has too much volatility for banks to accept deposits, or give out a loan in the crypto currency. For banks such a high risk is not appropriate. They have so many different schemes of doing business without such a risk.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
August 14, 2018, 06:20:40 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I believe it won't be possible. Bitcoin is extremely opposite of a centralized type of system like banks. Having said that it is riskier, since banks are sensitive when it comes to investments, I guess they will not engage with bitcoin. Personally, I really notice that they are very strict  in every transactions. Even though they will earn lots of profit from using bitcoin, the effect if once they encounter problems may be very huge for them that will result to some financial problems.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
August 14, 2018, 06:17:34 PM

I think we will see this in 2019. When banks realize that people are ready to climb into loans to get bitcoin. They will offer such services. Even if people will go into the negative, if the price is inflated taking into account %
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
August 14, 2018, 06:17:01 PM
For now this is not going to happen as the two seems to be in opposition but I strongly believe a time will come where there will be an integration and banks will begin to offer bitcoin deposits.
Yes not now, but someday, bitcoin can be part of banking. In the future, I have a feeling that it will be allowed to deposit in bank, government officials will agree on this concept.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
August 14, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
According to a report issued by the Financial Time https://www.ft.com/content/ca0b3892-a201-11e7-9e4f-7f5e6a7c98a2
A few major Japanese banks are already started working to create their own cryptocurrency called J-Coin. Mizuho Financial Group and Japan Post Bank are getting support from the Japanese central bank and financial regulators to launch their project. There is always a possibility to banks offer bitcoin and cryptocurrency deposits.
Activity: 126
August 14, 2018, 05:59:20 PM
Banks (and the conventional financial sector) no doubt have recognized the potential in the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
But they can't adopt the system, without finding a way to control it.
A purely decentralized protocol isn't that attractive to banks.
Bitcoin would have to undergo regulations, before it can go mainstream
Activity: 230
Merit: 22
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
August 14, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

I do believe that in the future banks will offer this kind of thing.
They will be accepting cryptocurrency deposits.
But as a holder i dont think it will be beneficial for us to rely on banks for the safekeeping of our cryptocurrency assets.
First of all we will be doing against the aim of crypto which is to create a decentralized form of currency.
And by giving banks the ability to do this then its as if we are just getting back to what has happened with our fiat.
Activity: 182
August 14, 2018, 05:19:06 PM
It could be doable for little banks to agreement bitcoin but not in deposits but it could lawsuit quarrel to fiat money. This banks are as well as discharge duty some modernize upon how to profit along taking into account the appendage trends of nowadays technology. So if bitcoin for them will be a sociable one to comply to rotate when furthermore creating a means for the crypto or bitcoin lovers for them to benefit then is an advantage.

Activity: 62
August 14, 2018, 05:12:00 PM
For now this is not going to happen as the two seems to be in opposition but I strongly believe a time will come where there will be an integration and banks will begin to offer bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 294
August 14, 2018, 05:05:29 PM
Sooner or latter banks will adopt bitcoin as a deposit. Considering the widespread of cryptocurrencies and flexibility it has brought to our society I can tell that it will soon become a legal tender anywhere in the world. Some banks now have their own coins but can only be used to subscribe for utilities so with time it move to becoming me a means of exchange
Activity: 48
August 14, 2018, 04:34:13 PM
I think this will come. It might not come now, but in the future it will. Bitcoin has a part of the lives of many people.Indeed, bitcoin is different from fiat money, hence, it needs other mechanisms.
Pages:
Jump to: