Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 34. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
We all knew that bitcoin is risky, but have you asked that the bank investment are not risky too? always when you choose a way to work with a risk, always, there's a chance to lose or to win. In the banks, they will invest using your money and you don't have any control about! That's what is the difference in Bitcoin because though it is more risky, you have always the control of your investment.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Bank experts are positive about this innovation, but do not understand how bitcoin works. So in my opinion officially it will not happen very soon!
It is possible to happen because we all know that bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is getting more popular all over the country and there is no doubt that a lot of big banks will totally accepts bitcoin deposits, on the right time maybe it will only take for 5 years to happen.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
There are some other institutions that offer BTC deposit services!
Bitcoin piggy bank is the bank of Bitcoin world. Users can put bitcoin in Bitcoin piggy bank to get interest of 0.0137% per day!
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
The time that bitcoin would be accepted into our banking systems is quite far fetched but i believe a time is coming where banks would really accept bitcoin. Currently so many governments are putting up regulations to control cryptocurrencies especially with issues concerning its volatility. I believe in the future bitcoin is likely to be accepted as deposits in our banks.
Activity: 28
Now is not offering but in future sure they will offer because its a good way for bank make good profits if peoples get this kind of facility of deposit money in bank then they will also get good interest in return but if this happen then this is a big revolution for banking sector also peoples will adopt cryptocurrencies like fiat.
Activity: 53
No. I don't think that will happen. Now the Bitcoin legitimacy hasn't been clear. We still haven't had any idea whether the government will ban Bitcoin or not. So banks, which are under the control of the Central bank, are far from accepting Bitcoin as a deposit.
Activity: 504
I think banks will not offer bitcoin deposit. Because banks will not enter such risky transaction like bitcoin. But i don't take away the posibilities that in the future maybe it will happen.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
i dont think that can happen
because it has a different protocol
cash is physical while bitcoin has no physical form
so i dont think it's possible
Activity: 145
In my personal opinion, it would be complicated for banks to accept bticoin accounts. Aside from the unstable price of bitcoin, it would be risky on their part because not all establishments accept bitcoin payments, especially in our country. We all lnow how popular bitcoin is, but i don't think banks will support its cause just yet.
Activity: 112
Only future can tell. But currently, banks in my country do not accept bitcoin deposits

Of course they don't. But they will in the near future.
Activity: 406
At first the banks were totally against the cryptos. Gradually some banks are already starting to release crypto investments to their customers. One thing is for sure, banks are hungry for money and if the crypto market gives money, they will quickly line up to act in favor of the cryptos.
cr7
Activity: 364
Bank experts are positive about this innovation, but do not understand how bitcoin works. So in my opinion officially it will not happen very soon!
Activity: 279
If the bank offer a bitcoin service then I think there will two cases :
1) Some people want to send bank because they want to keep it safe, so they do not lose
2) Some people think it's stupid because no one knows its exactly value.
After deposit in the bank, you will have little control your privacy.
Activity: 173
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

it's just a matter of time before they realize, if bitcoin widely used by people i think official banks will offer that service. They will need adapt on the environment. Banks surely gain profit if they implement that.
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
There was a news that Switzerland banks are going to accept crypto after it gets regulated by their government or something like that. So it's true, and obvious, that banks will definitely not miss the opportunity to make cash from this untapped market.

It would seem very unlikely for a bank to accept Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency for deposits, unless it has some interests in mind. Most banks see Bitcoin as a threat to their economic system, therefore they try everything at their disposal to try to spread FUD with the purpose of destroying its image and reputation in the real world. I remember where Bitcoin was used to be called the money for hackers, since it was mainly used for illegal activity.

But nowadays, Bitcoin is becoming more serious as an investment, where institutional investors and professional traders are joining it. Regulations have been coming forward, and if Bitcoin becomes widely recognized around the world as a legal currency, then there might exist a possibility for banks to accept it. But I doubt it because of the reasons stated earlier. All in all, I guess that we would have to wait what happens in the regulatory sector a few years from now. Smiley
Activity: 56
It is just a matter of time. All the banks not only banks but also all the countries will accept bitcoin eventually. Look at the PayPal, at first many countries did not want to accept PayPal deposit.  But now,most of the banks wants to have PayPal options to their banks.
Activity: 33
If we only talk about deposits, just deposits then they will probably offer it. In fact in my country we already have a bank who offers bank deposits using bitcoin.
For alt coins, we have etherium that some of the bank accepts. Smiley
Activity: 29
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Yes in future bitcoin will be deposit in banks. Banks will give bitcoin deposit services
Activity: 170
It is more than unlikely going to happen, it is like saying that banks are going to sell bitcoin, do you understand what it means? It is totally the opposite of what bitcoin was meant to be, or the same for banks, it just makes no sense at all.
Activity: 742
Merit: 42

Well this a good idea but i don't think  it will happen easily.  If the bank will implement this kind of transaction, you as a bitcoin holder will lost your  anonymity it because the Anti Money laundering required  all the bank to ask the identity and legal document of  the costumers.
Bank will be strict when it comes to bitcoin because the transaction  of it is non irreversible. Maybe they need more time and ultimate tools before going to decide.
Pages:
Jump to: