Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 120. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Can someone explain to me how Bitcoin can evolve into something other than a currency? Will they be able to use the blockchain for other things? I have been wondering whether or not BitCoin is future proof, or will it just be used as a currency like gold.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Bitcoin as it is now is evolving and will evolve more in the future. It could happen that some other currency replace it, but it is not probable and is not as if Bitcoin will stay just the same while others become more and more sophisticated.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
It's still possible to hapoen but the possibilty of that thing happen is so low i think.
But we don't know what will happen in future actually I was hoping it would not happen
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin may get replaced by any other currency in future but in today's situation,it seems to be not possible.Even the most expected altcoins like ethereum,monero have failed to deliver the expected results.Despite providing full anonymity,monero and zcash have not performed well.In today's situation,no altcoin possess ability to replace bitcoin.So,bitcoin might remain as the king of crypto currencies for twenty more years.
Activity: 45
Of course, the new crypto will be able to replace Bitcoin. But Bitcoin has a longer future. According to me, the crypto money that could be the only competitor to Bitcoin in the future could be Ethereum right now. A lot can change in 2018.
It is not investment advice. That's my idea.

I don't think that other will replace bitcoin. Currently there are other cryptocurrency in the market and they have their own value and position and in future it will be the same. Bitcoin will also lead the trend and there is not match to bitcoin.
Activity: 345
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
There's a possibility, because all cryptocurrency depends on the market demand. So if a new cryptocurrency will rise with a higher demand than Bitcoin, ofcourse it will have a negative impact to Bitcoin. The users of Bitcoin might move or transfer to that cryptocurrency because they find it more profitable. But surely, it won't happen at thos moment wherein the dominance of Bitcoin is obvious. Its value is continuously rising as well as its demand so it will take years foe that to happen.
Activity: 45
There is no way to know about it, currently we do see bch being pumped, and market is a bit scared to see such coin being more traded then bitcoin as well eth, that lost top trade volume on the last days, the future can bring better coin but for now there is no coin to compete with it.

I dont think so that other cryptocurrency will replace bitcoin because bitcoin is at top and as one forum member here mentioned that bitcoin is the mother of other cryptocurrencies is the best answer as at the moment there is no cryptocurrency even to compete with bitcoin. 
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
No way, Jose! Bitcoin is here to stay. It will never go away. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, not today. Will still be here when our hair turns grey! hahah
Activity: 36
I dont think bitcoin could ever be replaced. Its the original. I'm hoping it will last for hundreds or thousands of years and be seen for the digital gold that it is. Mostly I hope that because as I mentioned in another thread, I need bitcoin to last forever so I can get my coins out of cold storage when I come out of cryo sleep. I wouldnt want my assets to be more frozen than I was.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
There's achance. Once a new cryptocurrency rise, and it became more profitable to its user, there a chance that Bitcoin users will transfer into it. Bitcoin remained the no.1 cryptocurrency for a long period of time becase of its big community  If its big community will transfer into other crypto, its demand will fall as well as its value. But I'm sure that it will take more years to come before this sutauion happen since Bitcoin at this moment is dominating the crypto world.
Activity: 334
Merit: 102

It is  good characteristic on being optimistic, being optimistic in a sense of you want to know if your funds in bitcoin can be overtook by any cryptocurrency. But for me, it is impossible for now to think of other cryptocurrency that will equal with bitcoin. So maybe if a cryptocurrency wants to over throne the bitcoin. It must need first to surpass it in popularity.
Activity: 630
Merit: 252
Of course, the new crypto will be able to replace Bitcoin. But Bitcoin has a longer future. According to me, the crypto money that could be the only competitor to Bitcoin in the future could be Ethereum right now. A lot can change in 2018.
It is not investment advice. That's my idea.
Activity: 126
I think It is possible for other cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin but we just don’t know when it will happen. ethereum currently has the greatest chance, ethereum is possible because ethereum project is expanding the use of blockchain technology beyond bitcoin most effectively and on the largest scale worldwide with the most innovation and developer input, it is very likely that Ether (the cryptocurrency on the Ethereum Project) will be most competitive with bitcoin.
Activity: 3
Unlikely, Even if other Cryptocurrencies are evolving quickly, The world still sees bitcoin as the "Cryptocurrency", and the biggest proof of that is the rate of reports regarding bitcoin compared to other cryptocurrencies. The recognition for bitcoin would likely last for several years before another currency even get recognized by the masses, Let alone completely replace bitcoin.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
It is impossible for other cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin. It is the mother of all cryptocurrencies and nothing beats the original. Aside from that, the crypto next to Bitcoin in the market still has a long way before they can achieved what Bitcoin does. There will surely be lots of successful other coins but they can never beat Bitcoin.

The mother of cryptocurrency can also be replaced as a result of the trend shift from fiat, now many markets are setting the ethereum in pairs with fiat and this will be a solid foundation to replace the bitcoin throne in the future, the free market is unpredictable but can be seen from the potential and withdrawal of volume from competitors.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
It is impossible for other cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin. It is the mother of all cryptocurrencies and nothing beats the original. Aside from that, the crypto next to Bitcoin in the market still has a long way before they can achieved what Bitcoin does. There will surely be lots of successful other coins but they can never beat Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
It is possible, if there emerges a cryptocurrency that offers features that Bitcoin does not have. That said, the reputation and reliability of Bitcoin will present serious advantages for a long time to come. The newly emerged cryptocurrency will have to achieve the same levels of trustworthiness and reliability
Activity: 4
No, at least IMO. Currently the main competitor is ETH -and bitcoin Classic in term of value, but not sure about the technology- (with not just a high price, but a high use base and technology offering something different) but ETH still has significant issues arising every now and then as well as multiple forks. Personally, I see bitcoin keeping it's place.
Activity: 476
Many altcoins has been rising up and majority of the old coins too are being closed like eth. But still Bitcoin is the mother of all and very impossible to be replaced.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Another coin will probably replace it because nothing stays forever especially now that its not generally accepted all over the world
Lack of acceptance is an issue but at the moment the most widely accepted crypto is bitcoin and until that changes the chances of another coin to replace bitcoin are zero, many focus on the market cap  but I do not think the market cap tells the whole story, the most important thing is where a coin is accepted and you still see that most coins do not perform any function except being traded in exchanges bitcoin in the other hand is used as a currency.
Jump to: