Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 145. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
I think! Maybe Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency but The near future is not!
Activity: 67
Merit: 12
Byteball: highly scalable cryptocurrency platform
In terms of decentralization and stability, I find it very unlikely that another cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin. When it comes to censorship resistant transactions and value storage, Bitcoin will continue to be the best cryptocurrency. But with regard to micro-transactions, it is possible that another currency will gain more adoption, unless Bitcoin also improves in that direction.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
bitcoin currency will always be the best among other cryptocurrency. Well, you're right, bitcoin has maintained that title for almost 8 years, even bitcoin has the highest price of cryptocurrency. I think it's another cryptocurrency development will encourage the development of bitcoin be better.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Well sometime ago i havent believe it would be possible to bitcoin to loose its power, but the last days the split that might happen, will damage a lot bitcoin, and we do saw the market is looking for another options to keep and protect their money.
i do not think that any other crypto currency can replace bitcoin. in fact bitcoin is number one online currency and will remain as number one in future also. as not a single other currency can compete with bitcoin.
I always thought that most of people ( those who are into BTC ) believe that bitcoin will be always the #1 crypto.
But you have to remember that cryptocurrency world is a pretty new phenomenon, we have it since 2008 so many things may change during next 15 years.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Well sometime ago i havent believe it would be possible to bitcoin to loose its power, but the last days the split that might happen, will damage a lot bitcoin, and we do saw the market is looking for another options to keep and protect their money.
i do not think that any other crypto currency can replace bitcoin. in fact bitcoin is number one online currency and will remain as number one in future also. as not a single other currency can compete with bitcoin.
Activity: 256

Price is recovering again and its started to regain its position so I don't think that there will be any big issue related to the future of bitcoins as it will continue to survive even in near future as people are showing faith in bitcoins by putting their money into it so I don't think that people are looking for any other option.
It's good to see the price is rising while ETH and DASH who might replace bitcoin in the future is now down, it has a different results actually and this is fun because if you are smart enough you will be able to take advantage on the price swing and make money in a short period of time.

I agree with you. If you use all these three crypto-currencies, which you told about, you can make good money.
I do not see a single competitor for bitcoin in the next few years
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
I'll make sure it is very likely, today many coins that strives to be the best, and I'm sure one day the big companies such as microsoft, google, yahoo and so on will make coins that could replace the bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
High Fees, Slow transaction, no user security implemented (anon transaction). There is alt-coin that are ready to scale faster and bigger than BTC right now due to political fight between parties.

High fees - I agree that this is somewhat of a *temporary* negative aspect, but that's something we can't do anything about as long as there is no scaling solution.

Slow transactions - Transactions are near instant, so I assume you are referring to confirmations. We have to deal with the situation and include a proper fee according to how the network situation is. Higher fee is faster general confirmations, lower fee means slower general confirmations. It's all up to the people.

Anon feature - Bitcoin was never meant to provide a full anon experience. In this case it's again up to the people - If you are about to send transactions where you want a certain level of anonymity, you should run your coins through a mixer, or just for this purpose use one of the altcoins that offer such features. Very simple.

No one forces you to stick with Bitcoin, if you think Bitcoin has become obsolete, you are free to make use of any altcoin you deem worthy of being used.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management

Price is recovering again and its started to regain its position so I don't think that there will be any big issue related to the future of bitcoins as it will continue to survive even in near future as people are showing faith in bitcoins by putting their money into it so I don't think that people are looking for any other option.
It's good to see the price is rising while ETH and DASH who might replace bitcoin in the future is now down, it has a different results actually and this is fun because if you are smart enough you will be able to take advantage on the price swing and make money in a short period of time.
Activity: 714

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? I don't think, most of this altcoin are just pump and dump coin

How about Tez0s?
Activity: 868
Activity: 798
I don't think so it can get replaced by other cryptos, atleast in terms of Value against USD. Other cryptocurrency might become competition, but people loves and trust BTC more. But again, this is rough world, anything can happen.
It is rough world and anything can happen but it is hard to happen that any other coin replace bitcoin because the power of bitcoin has increased much higher than any other crypto currency. All of the crypto currencies are just in their newbie stage except bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I cant possibly see another currency lapping bitcoin in terms of adoption & trading. Something strange & radical would have to happen.
The only way that I can see some cryptocurrency replacing bitcoin, is if government all around the world agree on making a global cryptocurrency that will become accepted all around shops and you can pay taxes and bills with it, so if you go on a travel you can easily use it anywhere, and they will create that based on the bitcoin technology, but after second thoughts that will take some time

Such an agreement is beyond imagination

Governments can't agree even on trivial things like reducing pollution. Establishing a universal world currency instantly raises a host of questions such as who is going to issue it and why anyone should stop using their local currency. The closest approximation to something like a global currency is Euro, and what do we see nowadays? The EU is about to disintegrate and collapse after Brexit, though the UK was never truly a part of it, to begin with (and never was a part of the Eurozone at all). Therefore, all these ideas will be quickly ruined by harsh reality in which countries are not very willing to cooperate unless it is a question of life and death to them
Activity: 1232
I don't think so it can get replaced by other cryptos, atleast in terms of Value against USD. Other cryptocurrency might become competition, but people loves and trust BTC more. But again, this is rough world, anything can happen.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
I cant possibly see another currency lapping bitcoin in terms of adoption & trading. Something strange & radical would have to happen.
In terms of trade other currencies are going better maybe be second after bitcoin but not first than bitcoin while in other uses none of the currency is good and working all of the currencies are only for trade while bitcoin is a real currency.
Activity: 514
I never thought that bitcoin will be replaced by another coin, because bitcoin is the coin of the most trusted on the internet. when bitcoin is not used anymore, maybe it will happen in another coin. so, I think it will never happen.
XVS
Activity: 573
Merit: 252
Why not ? I don't see anything special in Bitcoin (Tech wise), it is way out dated.

Mind explaining what aspect(s) you think is/are outdated? On the other hand, what's so special about altcoins? That they are faster when it comes to confirmations? That they offer a whole bunch of features that no one is using? Only thing I can somewhat agree with regarding the term 'outdated', is that the current demand has already surpassed Bitcoin's 1MB block size caps. That's why there is Segwit to push Bitcoin to another level, but as you probably also know, getting Segwit activated isn't exactly an easy achievement with pools playing hard to get.
High Fees, Slow transaction, no user security implemented (anon transaction). There is alt-coin that are ready to scale faster and bigger than BTC right now due to political fight between parties.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Why not ? I don't see anything special in Bitcoin (Tech wise), it is way out dated.

Mind explaining what aspect(s) you think is/are outdated? On the other hand, what's so special about altcoins? That they are faster when it comes to confirmations? That they offer a whole bunch of features that no one is using? Only thing I can somewhat agree with regarding the term 'outdated', is that the current demand has already surpassed Bitcoin's 1MB block size caps. That's why there is Segwit to push Bitcoin to another level, but as you probably also know, getting Segwit activated isn't exactly an easy achievement with pools playing hard to get.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
I don't think that there is no other cryputocurrency that will be good  than bitcoin.
Bitcoin is more than strong than other cryputocurrency.
There is no other cryputocurrency that will replace bitcoin.

Surely it will not. Even if BTU comes, then it is not different from BTC except from the technical aspects. I think we are not seeing any Alt replacing bitcoins for the next 10 year at least.
Jump to: