Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 146. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
You can not guess what will happen in the world of crypto currency in a few years. Perhaps there will be some crypto currency, which will replace bitcoin. This possibility can not be ruled out
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
Yes, time will come something better than bitcoin will be created and bitcoin will die. I can't say when it will be or will it even happen but i believe everything can be replaced in this world.

creating something better than bitcoin isn't hard , there are already many alts that are better than bitcoin
but can they replace bitcoin ?? I don't think so cause people who are interested in crypto currency mostly holding bitcoin also the markets and shops that accept crypto usually accept bitcoin only
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
Bitcoin can never be replaced by any cryptocurrency. Because bitcoin was the first crypto-currency that has been introduced to the world. Without bitcoin, I think there will be no any other crypto-currency or any altcoins to be ideally introduce right now.In my Opinion I think  Bitcoin is  the father of all altcoins, The first and  the one and only pioneer of crytocurrency world.

Everything can be replaced, think about the evolution of money, first it was gold and silver, then paper, then credit cards. Bitcoin hasn't even started replacing fiat money, the amount of Bitcoin transactions is astronomically small compared to fiat. This only means that the future is unsure, Bitcoin might become big but then replaced by another cryptocurrency or maybe even entirely new form of money. People are generally bad about predicting future technologies, they are either too optimistic or too pessimistic about it.
XVS
Activity: 573
Merit: 252
Why not ? I don't see anything special in Bitcoin (Tech wise), it is way out dated.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
Bitcoin can never be replaced by any cryptocurrency. Because bitcoin was the first crypto-currency that has been introduced to the world. Without bitcoin, I think there will be no any other crypto-currency or any altcoins to be ideally introduce right now.In my Opinion I think  Bitcoin is  the father of all altcoins, The first and  the one and only pioneer of crytocurrency world.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
No.  Bitcoin has branding and legitimacy that it has built up over time.  Pumped coins like DASH and bank-oriented coins like Ethereum will never have that legitimacy.  Bitcoin is supposed to be adaptable and will get better, we don't need a new coin every time a slight adjustment has to be made.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
Yes, time will come something better than bitcoin will be created and bitcoin will die. I can't say when it will be or will it even happen but i believe everything can be replaced in this world.
Yes you are right about that but when you look at Bitcoin it still won't be replace by any other Altcoin in the near future. Because Bitcoin is still new, the concept of cryptocurrency  until now is something that the majority of the population is not familiar about some may even not know what Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency is. And the best way to enter in the cryptocurrency market is through Bitcoin, because it is the most popular and most in demand cryptocurrency out there in the market.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 742
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
In today's situation,its hard to replace bitcoin by other.Many altcoins came with a promise to replace bitcoin by providing additional benefits,but they couldnot.Even other coins are dependent on bitcoin's value for their value.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
I cant possibly see another currency lapping bitcoin in terms of adoption & trading. Something strange & radical would have to happen.
The only way that I can see some cryptocurrency replacing bitcoin, is if government all around the world agree on making a global cryptocurrency that will become accepted all around shops and you can pay taxes and bills with it, so if you go on a travel you can easily use it anywhere, and they will create that based on the bitcoin technology, but after second thoughts that will take some time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
It is highly unlikely that another crypto currency will take over bitcoin. Bitcoin is already embedded in markets and it is widely accepted by companies like Microsoft. Maybe in a couple hundred years when technology improves, but in our lifetimes, bitcoin will be king.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I cant possibly see another currency lapping bitcoin in terms of adoption & trading. Something strange & radical would have to happen.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I don't think that there is no other cryputocurrency that will be good  than bitcoin.
Bitcoin is more than strong than other cryputocurrency.
There is no other cryputocurrency that will replace bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Bitcoin was created for a reason, so I doubt it would be replaced in the near future for some other cryptocurrency. Of course the rest of the altcoins would try their hardest to also be on top ever since Bitcoin became popular. And though there are a lot speculations that a certain altcoin is almost replacing Bitcoin, but the question is its market value. Would it stay on top like the Bitcoin? We can't predict the future but we'll see what happens in the next 2-4years

I see the future, and I don't see any altcoin replacing Bitcoin in it

When the BU hype gets finally exhausted (we are pretty close to it as I can also see), the SegWit update will be the only viable alternative for future Bitcoin development. Litecoin is said to be implementing their version of SegWit, so we will be able to see in practice how useful it will be, though Litecoin is far behind Bitcoin and doesn't have such issues. But in any case, it will be a good test ground and in the fall we all gently and softly switch to this update leaving the troubled times of today in the past
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I wouldn't call it as being replaced however some cryptos would be living side-by-side or dependent with btc in the long run as to what it is right now. Though it is true that some coins do have some cooler feature compared to what bitcoin has, we can't deny the fact that bitcoin is here to stay even if these other coins has more usability than what bitcoin has right now.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think no atleast for next ten years.Unless bitcoin itself suffers from some critical issues and get destroyed,no other altcoin could replace bitcoin.Bitcoin is a protocol for sending values and it satisfies all requirements to be a bonafide protocol.Its highly impossible for other altcoins to replace bitcoin today.

Very precisely, even though many altcoin that are always popping up. The existence of the bitcoin will always be above, because it is bitcoin is a digital currency that first provides convenience and security that is better than the previous. And because it is already a lot of people that feel comfortable when using bitcoin. It is true of all the things that exist in the world this could not last long, but it also depends on the problem at hand. If indeed the problem faced is simple, then it will not make a bitcoin destroyed

I also think that bitcoin is a leader and it will not be replaced by any crypto currency. He is the most popular. Many people have confidence in him. I can not imagine a situation in which people will start trusting another Cryptocurrency
you are right that bitcoin is a great leader of all crypto currency and its impossible to replace by another crypto currency because bitcoin is very much popular currency and increasing its user day by day too much faster.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
I think no atleast for next ten years.Unless bitcoin itself suffers from some critical issues and get destroyed,no other altcoin could replace bitcoin.Bitcoin is a protocol for sending values and it satisfies all requirements to be a bonafide protocol.Its highly impossible for other altcoins to replace bitcoin today.

Very precisely, even though many altcoin that are always popping up. The existence of the bitcoin will always be above, because it is bitcoin is a digital currency that first provides convenience and security that is better than the previous. And because it is already a lot of people that feel comfortable when using bitcoin. It is true of all the things that exist in the world this could not last long, but it also depends on the problem at hand. If indeed the problem faced is simple, then it will not make a bitcoin destroyed

I also think that bitcoin is a leader and it will not be replaced by any crypto currency. He is the most popular. Many people have confidence in him. I can not imagine a situation in which people will start trusting another Cryptocurrency
Activity: 756

Activity: 274
Merit: 250
There's no point to replace it.
I don't think that bitcoin can or should be the best crypto on all levels though. Let bitcoin do the one thing that it's best at.
Other coins will compete for the rest.

Yes, there's no point and need for replacing bitcoin with another one. Most of the people are going to stay with bitcoin and will treat other alts as for trading and gambling purposes only. While bitcoin is going to be the main crypto currency which can be good for different transactions that they wish to use.
Bitcoin will be the most popular crypt currency in the online world, believe me people are putting their money in bitcoin
and we have seen how strong this currency is right now. After it was almost lost it's value it has survive and break the all time high.
That is something people.

Those people that are holding bitcoin and pulls out  are starting now to migrate to ETH and loves the way of smart contracts. I just don't know what's in their mind but it doesn't mean that it will replace bitcoin but maybe they are trying something new and thinks that it will be more profitable for them if they are going to migrate there.

The price increase in Ethereum were just bubbles and just a migration due to panic on the potential crash of bitcoin when the split will occur between the core and the hardfork. But soon when the price of bitcoin will again increase and the market goes lively again after surviving the current internal problems those who invested in ethereum will be going back to bitcoin.

I agree with you, bitcoin was the leader and will remain the leader. Now there is no crypto currency, which can replace bitcoin. And I doubt that in the future there will be an alternative coin that will replace bitcoin
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
There's no point to replace it.
I don't think that bitcoin can or should be the best crypto on all levels though. Let bitcoin do the one thing that it's best at.
Other coins will compete for the rest.

Yes, there's no point and need for replacing bitcoin with another one. Most of the people are going to stay with bitcoin and will treat other alts as for trading and gambling purposes only. While bitcoin is going to be the main crypto currency which can be good for different transactions that they wish to use.
Bitcoin will be the most popular crypt currency in the online world, believe me people are putting their money in bitcoin
and we have seen how strong this currency is right now. After it was almost lost it's value it has survive and break the all time high.
That is something people.

Those people that are holding bitcoin and pulls out  are starting now to migrate to ETH and loves the way of smart contracts. I just don't know what's in their mind but it doesn't mean that it will replace bitcoin but maybe they are trying something new and thinks that it will be more profitable for them if they are going to migrate there.

The price increase in Ethereum were just bubbles and just a migration due to panic on the potential crash of bitcoin when the split will occur between the core and the hardfork. But soon when the price of bitcoin will again increase and the market goes lively again after surviving the current internal problems those who invested in ethereum will be going back to bitcoin.
Jump to: