Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 85. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 926
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

may happen when bitcoin fails the system and causes huge losses, but it seems that it is difficult because bitcoin in the movement by blockchain always improves its technology and always be careful in developing its system.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Honestly speaking it cannot be predicted yet. There are a several number of currencies coming on the way like etherium, ripple etc. sometimes bitcoin will be surpassed by some currency or a set of currencies.
Activity: 196
I believe it's possible for something (like HCash which came out this week) to rise up. Hopefully bitcoin will retain it's value when that day comes because of it's cap. No one really knows what will happen though, it's uncharted territory.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Of course not, bitcoin is still on experiment and as time goes by and new altcoins emerge that have more uses than bitcoin
bitcoin will likely pass that because of every improvement the developers make to bitcoin.
No cryptocurrency can make bitcoin obselete.

agreed! as bitcoin is the one who initiated all these things, it will always be dominating factor in crypto currency world.
Activity: 210
This scenario could possibly happen someday.
But o dont believe that it will happen in the near future. Bitcoins popularity as compared to other coins is just simply to far above other altcoins and some people only knows bitcoin without any knowledge what are the other altcoins. As long as this popularity is still with bitcoin then i believe it wont be dethroned.
Activity: 3
What charts say currency (all currency) is really a pump and get rid of?  I would love to discover their whereabouts and see why you believe.
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
When we analyze the history, before even facebook was in market there were so many platforms same as facebook but when it came all of them were forgotten leaving the market share and the reputation to facebook. When we look at the phone market Nokia was one of the biggest companies in the world regarding phone but now its gone and a new company for phones replaced it. So there is nothing to say that btc will not be replaced, it can be replaced and furthermore it can be forgotten such as the mentioned companies above.
Activity: 75
Of course not, bitcoin is still on experiment and as time goes by and new altcoins emerge that have more uses than bitcoin
bitcoin will likely pass that because of every improvement the developers make to bitcoin.
No cryptocurrency can make bitcoin obselete.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
It`s impossible, it`s a mere nonsense, Altcoin can`t go beyond bitcoin, everything is clear. Of the price alone bitcoin is very high, like elephants and cats.
No there is no chance for other crypto to replace bitcoin because now a days there no other crypto left to replace bitcoin but if any crypto is left they are week to replace bitcoin because bitcoin is now a days very strong and powerful currency in market and its very hard to replace bitcoin there is also a very support to bitcoin by countries.
Exactly, but of course there will be better alternatives than bitcoin in market sooner or later which provides greater privacy, and promising features. But it will be difficult for such a coin to do so, since bitcoin has a long standing reputation and acceptance, which will continue to remain as the number one crypto and will become more stronger for many years. I just do hope that cryptocurrency would become more popular in the mainstream in  the next few years.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
It`s impossible, it`s a mere nonsense, Altcoin can`t go beyond bitcoin, everything is clear. Of the price alone bitcoin is very high, like elephants and cats.
No there is no chance for other crypto to replace bitcoin because now a days there no other crypto left to replace bitcoin but if any crypto is left they are week to replace bitcoin because bitcoin is now a days very strong and powerful currency in market and its very hard to replace bitcoin there is also a very support to bitcoin by countries.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
It won't happen because bitcoin is very popular in every country of the world they heard it bitcoin as an investment but talking about cryptocurrency? they don't even know what cryptocurrency, just bitcoin and no one will replace bitcoin
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
I think it can happen someday in the future that another cryptocurrency will replace bitcoin. There may be new cryptocurrencies that will rise that are better than bitcoin and as a result, people will choose to use that instead of bitcoin. And when that thing happens, the value of bitcoin will be worthless.
Activity: 18
It is very unlikely that Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that was created and has the largest market share. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
I think anything can happen, maybe right now everyone thinks that it's impossible to replace bitcoin, but I'm sure someday there will be coins that will replace bitcoin.
You are right. but it will be difficult. considering that bitcoin is a digital coin that first appeared and seemed to be the parent of altcoin. like the dollar in the real world, that bitcoin position in the digital world.
Activity: 126
No, it is not possible that any other crypto currency will replace bitcoin, bitcoin is a master crypto currency and people believe on other crypto currency because of bitcoin, without bitcoin no other altcoin will survive and no other crypto currency have the potential to go faster than bitcoin.
Activity: 187
Actually it is hardly impossible. the market cap & popularity of btc is really huge. Peoples believes in bitcoin more than others coin.
If somehow bitcoin will die then others coin also gonna be harmed and fall down.
the present situation of btc says that it will hit around 10000 usd in near future.

One altcoin cannot replace bitcoin clearly. The trust for bitcoin is at its best and people find bitcoin attractive actually. Other altcoins don't have that power, including ETH and Ripple. The rest is much more weaker than ETH and Ripple, when taken into considerations.
Activity: 952
Merit: 108
1xBit recovered their reputation
Actually it is hardly impossible. the market cap & popularity of btc is really huge. Peoples believes in bitcoin more than others coin.
If somehow bitcoin will die then others coin also gonna be harmed and fall down.
the present situation of btc says that it will hit around 10000 usd in near future.
Activity: 308
i doubt that bitcoin will getting replaced by any other cryptocurrency because it is elders to any other cryptocurrency and still used too for online payment. moreover when bitcoin is legalized and used as payment tool for other country, it demand will grow and so it prices too!! that's my opinion though Smiley
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
For sure it is not possible because the bitcoin is getting more and more, I hope the bitcoin will be replaced for the sake of the crypto currency I hope in the past the bitcoin will increase the profit, I will promote the bitcoin as much as I can because I know the bitcoin and I hope the bitcoin will be the best currency for the old and the young and the rich and the poor at the same time.
Activity: 28
It won't occur if the cost of bitcoin nevertheless at the high price. Since bitcoin that have really large price for every coin. To exchange bitcoin, that crytocurrency need to be more good and also have a new 'thing'
As of this days, bitcoin is very demand and popular in the world of crypto currency. Its value, is getting high and it will never be replaced easily, maybe there will other crypto currency someday that may compete bitcoin but it will never replaced easily the performance of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is very strong and it's hard to replace bitcoin basing on what is happening now, when it pump altcoins will bleed and we know only one of the altcoins that we are seeing now can replace bitcoin, probably Ethereum but it continue to go dump as bitcoin is moving the opposite direction.

Well it's possible that bitcoin can be replaced by another currency but these current alts don't give us much of a choice, maybe there are others in line with better technologies behind tyhat that might completely outdo bitcoin but until then i don't think any of the current altcoins can overtake bitcoin.
I do not agree with you i think ethereum can surpass bitcoin easily because it is not an old one like bitcoin and it has its own blockchain technology and if you compare those both you will know that ethereum is more futuristic than bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: