Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 89. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 10
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I think it's not going to happen that bitcoins are broadly inaccessible to those who invest money here and still have the good development that is happening so that those beliefs are less likely
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
The current market cap of bitcoin is more than 120 billion or reaches 55% of the total of all cryptocurrencies, nearing bitcoin is Ethereum which reaches 27%, so there is an opportunity to replace bitcoin with another coin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think bitcoin will not be replaced by another cryptocurrency , it is so impossible because bitcoin is more uses than the other Cryptocurrency but if the cryptocurrency have new feature, new project or profitable than bitcoin i think that the reason to replaced by another cryptocurrency. But I think there's no crypto currency can greater than bitcoin cause bitcoin is profitable than other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 276
Merit: 254
It's possible but honestly I think that Bitcoin can deal with it's shortcomings and sort them out through forks or hard forks. We've gone through a few already now and it hasn't hurt the value of Bitcoin so I still believe that this is the solution.

Indeed diversity is a solution. For example even though I dont think Bitcoin Cash going to be more valued than Bitcoin, its nice some people trying to solve the scalling problem from different angle.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
It's possible but honestly I think that Bitcoin can deal with it's shortcomings and sort them out through forks or hard forks. We've gone through a few already now and it hasn't hurt the value of Bitcoin so I still believe that this is the solution.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
I just want to say one thing about this topic. Are the developers and miners are afraid of the fall of bitcoin ?

If they are thinking positive and the people give them also a positive response, then why they ask the people about the future of bitcoin. I am just a common user of bitcoin and I have no doubt about the future of bitcoin. It is the digital currency of today and will remain number one in the future too.
Activity: 252
based on the information I got from my seniors that bitcoin will not be replaced with other crypto because bitcoin is now ranked number 1 because of its high prices and enthusiasts ...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I think that BTC will remain its "gold standard" status amongst cryptocurrencies.
In the future we will see more crypto adoption, meaning we will see more payments accepted via LTC, ETH, XMR and other cryptos which will be huge.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Replacing bitcoin by another cryptocurrency totally depends on the features that offers this new crypto . For instance bitcoin lacks a lot of things in my point of view such as rapidity in transfers and incomplete "anonymity"  . So if this new currency is able to step up the game and provide innovative features that impresses the potential users , and also being able to achieve such great success and growth rates as bitcoin previously did , i won't think that it will be hard for it to rise . The crypto world isn't ruled by a monopoly such as bitcoin like in the previous years , competition is tough now between cryptos and whoever satisfies more people will certainly be the most successful .
Activity: 6
It is possible for the bitcoin to get replaced by another coin but i dont think that will happen because bitcoin is growing so fast right now that the other coins wont be able to catch up to bitcoin so that is why bitcoin will remain popular.
Activity: 97
Bitcoin is a prima donna of the currency that will dominate the digital world and I do not think there are no coins or other technologies that can match or replace the kind of bitcoin followers. Cool
Activity: 16
Not in my opinion,  Bitcoin is very stable at the moment.  I feel that it will stay that way.
Activity: 51
Merit: 10
No i don't something like that happening now or in the near future.Maybe in the long term a new cryptocurrency can be made which surpass bitcoin. The thing that can happen right now is that two or more cuurency could combine and give an equal competition to bitcoin.
Activity: 6
I don't think bitcoin will get replaced by another coin that easily. I think that there maybe will be a coin in the future that will surpass bitcoin but then bitcoin may not be replaced but willl be used as a secondary.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Yes bitcoin will be replaced by a crypto currency of which we do not know yet. Nothing last for ever. Every thing in life has its time. No one had ever thought that there will be a digital currency that will surpass the value of gold but bitcoin has done that . Its value is now nearly three times an ounce of gold. With the technology we have today and brilliant minds like that of Sotashi Nakamoto . Yes its very possible.

Activity: 625
Merit: 501
It could happen but it takes a long time to replace the bitcoin position with other coins.
The requirement to replace bitcoin with other coins is necessary to have features, security, stability that exceeds bitcoin.
There is no coin still developed that can surpass the value of bitcoin all the departments are going up to date and more of it bitcoin is so versatile that people are so attached to it they don’t want to listen about any other coin and more of it bitcoin is promoted and advertised in good ways so that it is accepted by many region and no one will be going for the newborn coin to invest that will be a risk and bitcoin is not.
There are many altcoins have platform, product and the potential better than Bitcoin. The best Altcoin I always want to invest more is Ethereum. I do not think Bitcoin has platform and ability for apply in reality better than Ethereum. But sadly, the price of cryptocurrency also like the value of other things on the world. It depends on the popularity and the hype.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I doubt that there is any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like ripple and litecoin. The newest addition to the list of its competitors is Ethereum. Ethereum has launched its own cryptocurrency called Ether that showed an exceptional growth last year making it the 2nd most popular cryptocurrency of 2016. And for all one knows, Ether is the only currency right now that owns a slight possibility to outpass the bitcoin in coming years. The biggest accomplishment of Ethereum perhaps is the support from some leading organizations like Microsoft and IBM. Microsoft’s US based financial team is now working with Ethereum to offer blockchain as a service to various business firms and financial institutions.
Activity: 278
my thought about bitcoin is it replace by another coin because too many coin must want to get like bitcoin. some bitcoin must good than bitcoin so it can be easy to eliminate or change it into another coin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
It could happen but it takes a long time to replace the bitcoin position with other coins.
The requirement to replace bitcoin with other coins is necessary to have features, security, stability that exceeds bitcoin.
There is no coin still developed that can surpass the value of bitcoin all the departments are going up to date and more of it bitcoin is so versatile that people are so attached to it they don’t want to listen about any other coin and more of it bitcoin is promoted and advertised in good ways so that it is accepted by many region and no one will be going for the newborn coin to invest that will be a risk and bitcoin is not.
Activity: 13
Yes eventually it all does.  Wink But it will take a longer process like for Bitcoin to be in this statues took almost 8 years. So its a long time process unless there is an extra ordinary attraction to a certain coin. (Which is highly unlike to happen). So yes Bitcoin will reach its max and slow down and some other coin will catch up.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: