Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Gold have a future? - page 2. (Read 21608 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670
April 21, 2019, 07:33:58 AM
We were thinking that LTC really needed for a long time! Then the bitcoin fork into our lives began to increase. Bitcoincash and later Gold. I really don't think we need this much copy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is enough for all of us.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
April 21, 2019, 07:28:34 AM
Every mistake could be a lesson.  From poor performance they able to impove it and innovate their platforms;  from this the management and its team able to prove that its not too late for them. They show that Bitcoin Gold is a worthy investment and have a great future.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
April 21, 2019, 04:44:04 AM
It just an altcoin and it is created as a free money for the bitcoin holders back then and i don't see any special characteristic to bitcoin gold that separate itself from other altcoins. It is doesn't have a future for me because just like the other hard forked coins, they don't have the hype anymore and it doesn't have a good amount of demand to attain growth.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
April 20, 2019, 06:41:52 AM
I do not think Bitcoin Gold will has a good future. The most of it's features are already implemented in other blockchains, so people have almost forgotten about BTG.

Bitcoin gold is the same as other bitcoin cash or altcoins, it is difficult to be able to enter top 3, there is no special feature of bitcoin gold so people prefer to choose bitcoin, ethereum or others.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
April 20, 2019, 06:28:20 AM
I do not think Bitcoin Gold will has a good future. The most of it's features are already implemented in other blockchains, so people have almost forgotten about BTG.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
April 20, 2019, 06:11:39 AM
Bitcoin Gold seems to have a solid development team, as it has managed to quickly implement an ASIC-resistant algorithm after the release of Bitmain's miners for Equihash. If it remains a GPU-only mineable coin, then it would be much more decentralized in the mining process than both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. However, its success will only depend on the level of adoption it would experience in the mainstream world.

Considering that it has all the same features as Bitcoin, with the differences being an ASIC-resistant algorithm and better privacy, it could be well worth the investment after all.

Nonetheless, do you think Bitcoin Gold (BTG) will have a future or not? Smiley

While it is difficult to make any predictions. We need to wait for the stabilization of the crypto market next year, then further prospects for Bitcoin Gold will be clear. But I believe that BTG has a good potential for successful development in the future. Now this is a really good choice for promising investments.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 26, 2019, 10:46:05 PM
I think developers need to introduce other funcionalities. New use cases are needed.

Exactly. That's what Bitcoin Gold needs in order to gain mainstream adoption. Otherwise, it'll be a cryptocurrrency that will be considered by many as a speculative instrument. For example, Dogecoin became abandoned in development for some time ago, and now it's only used for speculation. No devs on the project means, that it'll become obsolete anytime soon.

The same thing could happen with Bitcoin Gold if it lacks active development and innovation. That's key towards long term success of any cryptocurrency. While BTG's goal is to become an ASIC-resistant cryptocurrency for everyone, there are now many other alternatives with the same purpose. Which is why, it's hard to tell whenever Bitcoin Gold will have a future or not. We will have to see how everything unfolds as time goes by. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1210
Merit: 100
March 23, 2019, 03:35:40 PM
To answer the question of if the coin will have a future; I think its best asking what will actually make someone invest in this coin? Are there new functionalities, features etc which can really attract investors ? By answering these questions then one can know if the coin will have a future or not.
Am not a holder, so I can't really answer
right we really can't answer with certainty but we can predict because as holders we always monitor the development of coins and markets.
and I think Bitcoin Gold doesn't have anything that can cause investors to invest a lot in Bitcoin Gold.
but I did not say that it would always apply because Bitcoin Gold could launch something big.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
March 23, 2019, 03:29:42 PM
To answer the question of if the coin will have a future; I think its best asking what will actually make someone invest in this coin? Are there new functionalities, features etc which can really attract investors ? By answering these questions then one can know if the coin will have a future or not.
Almost all new functionalities will reflect on a price before it is done and applied. Investors are looking for better coins that bring more value and sustainability to the crypto sphere. Some qualifications can be applied to taking advantage of the crypto ecosystem.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
March 23, 2019, 02:55:43 PM
copper member
Activity: 128
Merit: 3
March 23, 2019, 01:58:16 PM
This have been on my mind for sometime now and am yet to be certain,  but still I hope in the future where the market becomes stabelthis coin will uplift and resume it's status among altcoins
Activity: 384
March 23, 2019, 01:52:23 PM
Bitcoin gold is an interesting coin, I am sure that someday bitcoin gold can be like bitcoin cash, the red market condition is certainly the biggest obstacle for bitcoin gold and altcoins to improve.
Activity: 420
March 23, 2019, 01:39:23 PM
Initially, I did not believe in this coin. But at the moment she looks decent. It seems to me that it will cost much more than now in the future.
Merit: 100
March 23, 2019, 12:40:51 PM
BTG did not have and has no future, this is exclusively my opinion on this project as well as the BCH project, which also can do nothing in this cryptocurrency world. These are all forks that are actually made just for splitting the community.
Activity: 707
Merit: 1
March 23, 2019, 06:06:07 AM
Although  don't know much about the coin, but I believe if the project is solving a problem or have active products, then it will have a future. What we need is projects with good use case.
Activity: 269
Merit: 11
March 23, 2019, 12:23:51 AM
not intended to eliminate hope but it seems like it is very difficult to re-shine because the price drop is very drastic and also, coin derivatives from bitcoin are usually problematic as bitcoin cash breaks into 2 parts then bitcoin fork cases that end scam
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
March 22, 2019, 11:15:13 PM
I think developers need to introduce other funcionalities. New use cases are needed.
Activity: 634
Merit: 128
March 22, 2019, 10:56:37 PM
Of course one of the main thing that we can consider on as the team of enthusiasts which would be hardly pressing through to make the project right and working, so in your opinion bitcoin gold is having that it would be prospective.
no one can be sure and the prediction of digital currencies and investments with digital currencies requires great confidence and patience to get profits in every investment we will use
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 22, 2019, 09:21:27 PM
I answer immediately, just like you can answer this question today. No forks today will have no value, especially because no one supports them. Very small process of people who today are trying to do something, but all this is meaningless.

Good point. There's really no use for Bitcoin forks, when they're relatively copies of the original Bitcoin protocol. Of course, they may have their improvements and all, but if they carry the Bitcoin brand/name people will hesitate to join them in the first place. This same situation could happen with Bitcoin Gold as it's a Bitcoin fork just like Bitcoin Cash. The only reason why BCH forked out of the BTC blockchain (bringing a new wave of BTC forks along with it) was to "properly" scale Bitcoin without altering its design.

In BCH’s early days back in 2017, it seemed to be quite a success. However, because Bitcoin has retained its popularity and resilience, people found out that there's no reason to use other alternatives on top of it. Things aside, there's a possibility that Bitcoin Gold will survive in the future for a long time if it maintains a strong community behind it. Whenever this is an indication that it'll have a bright future or not, is yet to be seen. If all else fails, Bitcoin will remain as the leader within the crypto space. Just my opinion Smiley
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 22, 2019, 05:34:23 PM
for me bitcoin gold still has a long enough future. because the developer is still interested in bitcoin gold to date. so I think that development will happen whenever.
Pages:
Jump to: