Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Gold have a future? - page 7. (Read 21608 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
February 09, 2019, 10:27:14 AM
So that Bitcoin Gold does not become another useless bitcoin fork, it needs innovation. Cryptocurrencies constantly need new technologies, otherwise they will be doomed to failure.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 01, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
I don’t think Bitcoin Gold has a future. Why? Yes, simply because nobody needs it. Another bitcoin fork. Yes, let it be improved, let it be finalized. But this is fork. Copies never become better than the original.

That's certainly true, mate. Copies will never become better than the original. No matter how hard they try, they'll always be considered inferior from the original. Most people are familiar with Bitcoin due to its branding/recognition over the years in the blockchain industry. It's the first, original cryptocurrency that has brought Blockchain technology to the world. Even if now there are many altcoins and Bitcoin forks which are superior in terms of speed and transaction costs, Bitcoin is still the winner.

I believe that the main reason Bitcoin forks were created, was to make some profit. Bitcoin Cash was the first Bitcoin fork and it gave "free money" to hodlers of Bitcoin. Other devs saw the chance or opportunity of making money and decided to launch other forks of the Bitcoin blockchain (like Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Private, etc). However, because such forks are almost identical to Bitcoin (and they carry the Bitcoin brand/name), they're not as attractive as other prominent altcoins (like Ethereum) to people in the mainstream world.

As such, Bitcoin Gold's future may be only driven by the success of the original Bitcoin. It doesn't have anything unique from other cryptocurrencies, apart from carrying the Bitcoin name. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
January 27, 2019, 05:53:16 PM
The adoption of a coin is a very necessary and essential ingredient, needed to measure the degree of success of a coin.
Bitcoin Gold or any coin that is able to achieve this fit,is working its way to the limelight.
Some coins are already at a good stage and are still looking forward for more Mass adoption. Even bitcoin itself is not exempted.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 27, 2019, 03:37:23 PM
ya of course Bitcoin Gold has bright future.becouse bitcoin gold is one of top and most popular cryptocurrency. it has great potential with great developer and dedicated community.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
January 27, 2019, 03:26:45 PM
The progress doesn't say much about it.So I don't think it has a good future.If the coin doesn't take part on good projects it will not remain valuable for a long time. After some months or years it will be worthless.
I never believed in Bitcoin doubles and ethereum. Their whole value consisted in the fact that they were given free of charge to those users of cryptocurrency, who had Bitcoin and ethereum in their wallets. But today I do not see their real value in practical or economic use.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 27, 2019, 02:41:22 PM
It is absolutely pointless and a coin. I don’t understand people who invest their money because they will surely lose them.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
January 27, 2019, 02:38:10 PM
The progress doesn't say much about it.So I don't think it has a good future.If the coin doesn't take part on good projects it will not remain valuable for a long time. After some months or years it will be worthless.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
January 27, 2019, 01:09:47 PM
it doesn't seem like it, just seeing bitcoin cash can't beat bitcoin. so it's impossible for bitcoin gold to shine. I think BTG will have the same fate as ETC.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 27, 2019, 12:45:09 PM
At first, it seemed that BTG was just another alt, not distinguished by anything. But as you can see, the developers do not think so. Active development + ICO make it clear that BTG has a future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
January 27, 2019, 12:31:36 PM
I don’t think Bitcoin Gold has a future. Why? Yes, simply because nobody needs it. Another bitcoin fork. Yes, let it be improved, let it be finalized. But this is fork. Copies never become better than the original.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
January 27, 2019, 11:46:49 AM
Bitcoin Gold has a solid team but has no innovation offered so the value decreases if you have a product that might be more creative it will certainly be able to survive and have a future. At present, it is still difficult to attract investors but can still survive that is the most difficult.
Activity: 243
Merit: 2
January 27, 2019, 11:33:17 AM
I don't believe in bitcoin gold and all similar coins. Is the real bitcoin, and the rest is the similarity and I'm not sure that will survive a few years.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
January 27, 2019, 10:58:47 AM
I will speak honestly and frankly, because I do not see the point of deceiving people. Today, many people understand that BTG is a project that has no future. Yes, today he is trying to take the place of the BTC, but of course he will fail.
legendary
January 23, 2019, 06:16:22 PM
Bitcoin Gold is just another cheap rehash of bitcoin, using name of Bitcoin to become more famous. So many coins are using it just to become more attention, like Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Black, Bitcoin Private and how all rehashes are called.
It's just a new sort of coin gaining advantage from original BTC.

Exactly. Bitcoin Gold and several other Bitcoin forks have taken advantage of the Bitcoin name/brand with the purpose of obtaining publicity and popularity within the mainstream world. Most of these forks were created with the main purpose of obtaining free money (as BTC hodlers will benefit from the fork obtaining the same amount of coins they had on the original chain). Now we have Bitcoin SV which forked from the original Bitcoin Cash blockchain, and who knows which other forks will emerge in the future.

Bitcoin Gold is no exception, as it hasn't delivered something truly innovative for the mainstream world to enjoy. Its privacy and ASIC-resistant features are widely available in other cryptocurrencies we know and love today. Everything else about BTG is the same as the original Bitcoin (BTC). The only fork that's been a little different is Bitcoin Cash (BCH). However, I'm afraid that the rest of the pack will just fade away into oblivion with no real purpose in life.

Therefore, it's hard to say if Bitcoin Gold will have a future at all, based on current events. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 377
Merit: 10
January 18, 2019, 11:05:51 PM
Bitcoin gold which used to have a good development, but now the community is starting to decline so that the value decreases and can only reach the top 30 coins in CMC. So I think the developer must be able to convince the community to keep holding it and make creative ideas so that the value gets better again.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
January 18, 2019, 10:22:09 PM
I don't know I don't know about it because it is difficult to predict, but according to my belief bitcoin gold still has a future even though to be a good coin still needs time, of course there is a process and we will look forward to the future of this bitcoin gold
Activity: 329
Merit: 22
January 18, 2019, 09:48:57 PM
Bitcoin Gold is just another cheap rehash of bitcoin, using name of Bitcoin to become more famous. So many coins are using it just to become more attention, like Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Black, Bitcoin Private and how all rehashes are called.
It's just a new sort of coin gaining advantage from original BTC.
legendary
January 18, 2019, 09:22:03 PM
apparently not, a coin that breaks from a previous coin and does its own hard fork, it's hard to succeed. and I also doubt the future of bitcoin cash.

Yes. It's unfortunate, but the reality. Many Bitcoin forks just end up being abandoned by their communities and developers, due to their lack of usage within the mainstream world. While Bitcoin Gold has managed to remain in the top 30 cryptocurrencies, it has struggled to reach the level of popularity and adoption Bitcoin has. The only thing that can save Bitcoin Gold from disappearing in the future, is its community.

Otherwise, if it lacks development, innovation, and user support, then there will be no future for BTG except as being a speculative cryptocurrency. Considering that we're still in a bear market, BTG's prices keep going down day by day. As for Bitcoin Cash, it's future is highly uncertain especially after the ABC team decided to use centralized checkpoints during the Hash War on Nov 2018. Many people have decided to abandon it because it violated Blockchain's true principles of decentralization. Which means, that if it continues to lose users, it could die in the future. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
January 17, 2019, 08:12:42 AM
apparently not, a coin that breaks from a previous coin and does its own hard fork, it's hard to succeed. and I also doubt the future of bitcoin cash.
legendary
January 15, 2019, 10:38:58 PM
I don't really trust Bitcoin's forks. But as for me, Bitcoin Gold is better than Bitcoin Cash. So I think it has future. That's just my opinion.

Agree. Bitcoin Gold is way better than Bitcoin Cash, simply because it has decentralization in mind. Bitcoin Cash's Hash Wars back in November 2018, had shown how centralized the cryptocurrency is by making use of checkpoints. No wonder why Bitcoin SV couldn't make a reorganization of the BCH blockchain, due to such feature activated by ABC devs. Despite this, there hasn't been a similar situation with Bitcoin Gold. If it maintains itself as a decentralized cryptocurrency, then it'll survive for sure. Otherwise, it'll become like the rest of the Bitcoin forks in existence where they're useless without any purpose in life.

BTG could have a future, if people continue to support it. However, it hasn't gone to new heights, because it lacks the innovation needed to stand among the leading cryptocurrencies on the market today. Which is why, Bitcoin (BTC) will always remain on top, while most of its forks would fade into oblivion. Just my thoughts Grin
Pages:
Jump to: