Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin remain dominant - page 36. (Read 2673 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 04:22:13 AM
Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.
I think bitcoin will always be king. Now there are some altcoins, and they're doing very well, well beyond bitcoin, but I don't think they can replace bitcoin. The status of bitcoin is not just about price, it is the belief of all latcoins, which other altcoins cannot do.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
February 16, 2018, 04:12:57 AM
Bitcoin will ever remain the dominant coin in the cryptocurrencies world as long as digital and decentralized currency is concern, bitcoin is the founding father in the cryptocurrencies world so as that bitcoin is the foundation of digital currency. Bitcoin has no other coin competing with and take your time to study the movement of price in all other cryptocurrencies once there is a change in the price of bitcoin it automatically affect all other coin too.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
February 16, 2018, 04:04:32 AM
Do you think Bitcoin will remain the most dominant coin both short and long term? Even though it does not remain the most dominant coin, this will not be the same as saying that Bitcoin won’t exist long term.

Bitcoin will dominate the cryptocurrency world forever because once the last wave of btc is done then bitcoins will be more expensive since it was hard to mine bitcoins today because of the competition of miners. The best thing to do is hold your coins today to earn more profit in the future.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 04:00:49 AM
There is no doubt on bitcoins being the most dominant cryptos as it has already proved it being the most powerful cryptocurrency in the world of digital currency and it will continue to stay the most dominating currency on the long run.So far there is no crypto created which can dominate bitcoins if you check out for yourself you can find out that bitcoins are the first digital currency which was created and which took over the digital world and still ruling the crypto world even though lot of cryptos came up after the launch of btc it still strive to be the most dominating currency and will continue to maintain its dominant position as it is the only currency which has more popularity than the rest cryptos which itself is a proof of being the dominating the digital world of investment.
Activity: 143
February 16, 2018, 03:05:50 AM
Bitcoin will still be the most dominant coin for more years.
Its popularity increases with time and its improving, and because it is the based of most cryptocurrency exchanges. Every altcoins, are paired with bitcoin becomes its functionality. It is decentralized and many people believe in it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
February 16, 2018, 02:50:24 AM
Bitcoin will continue to dominate the entire cryptocurrency world for some years before another coin overtake it. It will also remain to be the primary means of of exchange because of its popularity and majority of exchanges are using it buying altcoins. This dominance of bitcoin might face stiff challenges in the future from well known altcoin which has better features like utility and functionality.
Activity: 111
February 16, 2018, 02:19:09 AM
I think Bitcoin will remain the dominant cryptocurrency for a very long time.

People frequently ask, why won't Bitcoin end up like Yahoo or MySpace, supplanted by a better version that will come along in the future? There are 3 main reasons - the third is one that people often miss.

1. NETWORK EFFECTS are really powerful at scale. Bitcoin is now valued at over $150 B (more than Facebook’s IPO price). It's going to be very difficult to move all those users over to a new network. I.e. there have been better versions of Facebook created, but individuals want to be on the network that all their friends are on. MySpace wasn't actually all that big before Facebook came along, and didn't have a strong network effect yet.

2. BITCOIN IS NOT STATIC - it is constantly improving. Whenever a code change is proposed, if 90% of the miners support it, it gets implemented. In fact, only 15% of Bitcoin's current code base was written by Satoshi Nakamoto. So if an upstart comes along with a dramatic improvement to how Bitcoin works, with no tradeoffs - then Bitcoin can just incorporate that improvement before the upstart gets to scale. Or if there is disagreement, a faction can fork a version off of Bitcoin with that improvement. And as we've seen from the Bitcoin Cash fork, a fork off Bitcoin starts off much larger than any new cryptocurrency starting from scratch.

3. NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN CRYPTOCURRENCY (people often miss this). In crypto land, there is no IP - neither trade secrets nor patents. Every cryptocurrency HAS to make their entire code base public in order to earn the trust of new users, so they can't keep their improvement a secret. And on patents… well good luck suing a decentralized network for patent infringement. This is why Bitcoin won't end up like Yahoo. Google had a patent on their page rank algorithm, plus tons of trade secrets. Once it became clear that Google’s search engine was actually better, Yahoo was not able to copy them. Those protections don't exist in cryptocurrency.

So, based on this, I don't see how Bitcoin doesn't end up as the long term winner with >50% market share (and probably >80%). Bitcoin's network effects are already enormous, there is no possible IP protection for an upstart with a better version, and Bitcoin can easily incorporate any improvement. Even with the best execution, I don't see how an upstart can convince $150 B of capital to move over to their network before Bitcoin incorporates their improvements.

You could argue that Ethereum does so much more than Bitcoin. But Ethereum comes with major tradeoffs to its function as a currency. Ethereum is a great platform for decentralized applications - and that is its focus. To be that, it sacrifices security (due to its complexity), and then it also doesn't have a limited supply. I think Ethereum will continue to do well as a platform for decentralized applications, but because of its tradeoffs, it will never become the leading decentralized currency. I personally believe the killer app in decentralized blockchains is *currency,* so I therefore think that the winning pure currency will end up being far larger and more valuable than any other blockchain platform
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
February 16, 2018, 02:02:47 AM
I think yes because despite of what happened to bitcoin few weeks ago, it still showing us how dominant it is as its market price is pumping to the top again. No matter what happens, bitcoin will remain as the most dominant cryptos in the cryptoworld.
Activity: 298
Merit: 102
February 16, 2018, 02:00:11 AM
If it becomes widely used, it will soon be in serious shortage.
Activity: 251
Merit: 2
February 16, 2018, 01:33:18 AM

Absolutely yes Bitcoin is still Dominant even if there's so many crypto would come up but still Bitcoin is the primary vote for all users regardless to many obstacle that  experienced of bitcoin price recently. but now try to visit the Site below. wow its amazing only one moth from the the price dump then continuously head away towards the higher level price. thanks god!

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/overview/USD
Activity: 326
February 16, 2018, 01:26:15 AM
There is no competition yet for bitcoin all other coins are far ahead of bitcoin in terms of pricing, trading volume, and hype. I can say that this year and the next 2 years will still be owned by bitcoin but after that no one knows.
Activity: 217
February 16, 2018, 01:13:07 AM
I think not thing can remain dominant forever, right now bitcoin is still very strong, it can dominate entire market for so many years. But surely in the future many Altcoins will be born with better technology that will be applied in crypto market better than bitcoin and replacing bitcoin slowly in the future.
Activity: 67
February 16, 2018, 12:32:40 AM
for me it will remained.because i invest on btc... that's why im hoping for that..  ........
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 12:27:13 AM
if you mean real dominance when you say dominance then yes. there is nothing competing bitcoin so there is no reason for it not to stay dominant! the merchants all adopt bitcoin, everyone in the world knows bitcoin, anyone who wants to invest or make a transaction uses bitcoin. then after they did that some of them may take a look at altcoins to make some profit because they get pumped nicely.

but if by dominance you mean the fake dominance which is becoming popular  these days with market cap then no bitcoin will probably soon have less than 1% of the total market cap because the rate at which shitcoins are being created is unbelievable and each time some worthless shitcoin with 100,000,000,000 coins is created bitcoin's market cap ratio drops and everyone knows it is a piece of cake to create these shitcoins out of thin air.

yes, I agree with your exposure. bitcoin will continue to be the reference of all existing altcoin prices. this is what makes bitcoin can survive in a long time ..may be many years
as long as no one can compete with bitcoin, bitcoin will remain the king of all crypto.
Activity: 308
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
February 16, 2018, 12:25:16 AM
Of course bitcoin will remain dominant and cannot replace by any other altcoins. You can see in the market that if bitcoin falls other coins falls too and what if bitcoin will gone what will happen to the other coins?
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
February 16, 2018, 12:22:37 AM
Although hundreds of coins today listed in the market that intend to dominant the world of crypto but still Bitcoin is on top of it and dominating all coins in the world of cryptocurrency and I think as of now no other coin strongly shows dominating in the crypto Only Bitcoin because if the value of bitcoin goes down all coins follows bitcoin when bitcoin goes up all coins follows again and goes up,with this scene of movement its very clear Bitcoin dominating the whole world of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
February 16, 2018, 12:17:27 AM
Of course, the market is still depending on bitcoin's resistance and it's community adoptions. Bitcoin's domination against others coins would still remained until the end, knowing that bitcoin is bringing crypto into wilderness. Not to mention it's historical market achievements that really shows how it works until today.
Being the pioneer of crypto currency bitcoin will never be dethroned of its dominance in our time since the creation the block chain technology,there is no one compete toe to toe with bitcoin in fact until now all altcoins are defendant with  bitcoin it just simply when bitcoin goes up all altcoins also will goes up.
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
February 15, 2018, 11:57:34 PM
I think next year, bitcoin can give way to first coins such as Ripple or ETH, due to the fact that it uses outdated technology. However, he will not disappear altogether and will occupy a worthy second place.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 15, 2018, 11:39:22 PM
Current evidence suggests it will. It's the most popular with the most value. It has the strongest technology so far (debatable by some). Probably, the only threat it faces right now are whales strong enough to crash the economy. If that happens, two things could unfold, it recovers slowly or people lose faith in it completely. How BTC is distributed is worrisome.

Additionally, on the technological side, the core developers could screw up and crash the whole thing but im optimistic that wouldnt happen.
Activity: 237
February 15, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
Yes I think bitcoin will be dominant over other coins. It is volatile in pricw and sometimes down but still recovering in its price.
Pages:
Jump to: