Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum be taking 1st place in 2020? - page 15. (Read 2711 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
If the coin continues to gain momentum with large trading volume or liquidity no doubt it could achieve the first place, but the timeline is too short to consider and it has no indicator that it will achieve that much this year.
Activity: 573
Merit: 102
Ethereum has been steadily on the rise for a good while now, and this first half of Q1 2020 has proven that they have brought that same energy into the new decade. They have started 2020 with a bang, more than doubling in value in just 2 months.

There are quite a few factors that have come into play to make this a winning year for Ethereum and here are just a few: https://thecoinshark.net/en/5-reasons-why-ethereum-is-winning-in-2020/amp/

What do you think we can expect to see for the rest of the year?

Undoubtedly, ethereum saw a price surge just like every other coin because of the little bull run of 2020's first quarter. By the way, when you says can it takes the 1st place, do you mean in token price i.e becoming the expensive crypto out there or becoming 1st in terms of overall marketcap or utility?

For either reasons, i'd say ethereum dosen't have the necessary resources required yet. Quite understandably, ethereum is among the cryptos with real life usage, it's potentials to provide smart contracts, Decentralized finance (DeFi), Digital identity, Tokenizing, real-world assets, Health applications, Security, infrastructure, Payments, Privacy from third parties, Politics, Storing data, Initial Coin Offerings, Gambling are enough make it 1st crypto but as we all know, crypto dosen't work that way, not to talk of the fact that lots of scam projects that utilized ethereum blockchain contributes to the bad tainting on the ecosystem of anchoring bad DApps.

I'm very optimistic that one day, with the various Usecases of ethereum, it will sour higher than it's current worth. I cant say to compete with bitcoin though as both of them offers different life solutions.
Activity: 565
Merit: 100
BountyMarketCap
The price of ethereum can go up this year but becoming number one overcoming bitcoin is very difficult and need not be expected,and for me ethereum can maintain in second place it's good enough because all the altcoins in the crypto room are competitors.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
Without any doubt I believe that Bitcoin has the first place forever and it can not be replaceable by ethereum or any other altcoin and we have to accept this truth so I think there is no need to debate about first place at all anyway I think the competition will be for second place does ethereum has ability to maintain its dominance I think yes with the positive progress of ethereum network we may expect its huge growth for sure but again I would say that ethereum can't replace Bitcoin it's impossible.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

Ethereum can never come first. Where will you place bitcoin should ethereum comes first. This is not even possible. Remember that ethereum bullish with bitcoin. So it virtually wrong to say ethereum would come first.
this year the second project is doing their second. I guess bitcoin will still be superior to ethereum pumping without bitcoin movement but bitcoin will remain stronger.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Ethereum can never come first. Where will you place bitcoin should ethereum comes first. This is not even possible. Remember that ethereum bullish with bitcoin. So it virtually wrong to say ethereum would come first.

Ethereum is technologically much more advanced when compared to Bitcoin. But as we have seen during the past 4-5 years, that factor alone is not enough to make Ethereum the no.1 cryptocurrency in terms of user-base and market capitalization. Also, one of the major applications of ETH was in the ICO market. But that sector is not in good health right now.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
Ethereum has been steadily on the rise for a good while now, and this first half of Q1 2020 has proven that they have brought that same energy into the new decade. They have started 2020 with a bang, more than doubling in value in just 2 months.

There are quite a few factors that have come into play to make this a winning year for Ethereum and here are just a few: https://thecoinshark.net/en/5-reasons-why-ethereum-is-winning-in-2020/amp/

Firstly, i don't know where and how you guys usually came up with an impression that won't happen because it not about project characteristicseristics but the trust crypto community had towards project and if factors was what count the most all altcoin with almost zero fee and ultra fast transaction confirmation would have take over bitcoin.
This year maybe good for ETH but it wont take the 1st place.
Actually, Ethereum at this time is just a normal altcoin and not a good investment option, so you need to consider carefully before making a decision. I think it will never be possible for Ethereum to reach the number one position because this coin basically cannot surpass Bitcoin. However, the crypto market is often unpredictable and there will certainly be a coin that can compete with Bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 646
Merit: 102
http://Moonbet.io

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

Firstly, i don't know where and how you guys usually came up with an impression that won't happen because it not about project characteristicseristics but the trust crypto community had towards project and if factors was what count the most all altcoin with almost zero fee and ultra fast transaction confirmation would have take over bitcoin.
This year maybe good for ETH but it wont take the 1st place.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
Ethereum is one of the best projects created, perhaps the best after bitcoin. Transactions much faster than bitcoin. In my opinion, the next few years could even exceed the BTC price. Mark what I say

Come on, be realistic when doing such predictions. Bitcoin's max supply is 21 million BTC, Ethereum on the other hand has not cap limit to its supply and its current circulating supply is now at 110 million. The laws of supply and demand alone will tell us that ETH may not surpassed Bitcoin or even near Bitcoin's price be. The most possible way it may surpass Bitcoin is through market cap and even that is a top climb considering that Bitcoin's market cap is almost double on what ETH has right now. And to be honest features alone does not tell anything about how it can be the number 1 crypto in the market, you must also consider the things what I have said to see if it is even realistic.
Activity: 574
Ethereum is one of the best projects created, perhaps the best after bitcoin. Transactions much faster than bitcoin. In my opinion, the next few years could even exceed the BTC price. Mark what I say
It is difficult to know in advance what will happen, but when investing people only invest in value, Bitcoin will still be better than Ethereum for the time being. If you want to compare the transaction speed, there are many coins faster than Ethereum and a lot cheaper fee. In fact, Bitcoin is considered a property and there will be no detailed evaluation of this coin as it is not necessary.

Well , that is true but thing can change quite fast, we can only wait and see, ethereum at the moment compared to btc is very cheap and i have a feeling when bull time is coming eth will make better than btc in terms of profit. It is only my personal consideration, i will invest all my found in ETH.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

Are you kidding me? Then I can say the same thing for DASH or perhaps doge coin then since it is much faster than Bitcoin. Also, are you even looking at the market capitalization? Look at the supply of Ethereum and you'll see that in order for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin in price, Ethereum need to surpass the market cap of the whole world.  Your words are just full of empty dreams that will never happen. Bitcoin will still stay as the king of all cryptocurrency.
Well, I support some of Lisasteca's statements. it's just that he didn't mention the thing that made ethereum a coin that remained behind bitcoin. apart from those mentioned, ethereum is also the basis for making many of altcoin at this time, even binance, well if I'm not mistaken BNB also uses ERC20. especially when in 2017, the ICO which was really popular in that year also always used the ethereum platform to make their coins. it's just that, I don't think that ethereum can take the position of bitcoin. even at its best in 2017, ethereum can't even come close to bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

Are you kidding me? Then I can say the same thing for DASH or perhaps doge coin then since it is much faster than Bitcoin. Also, are you even looking at the market capitalization? Look at the supply of Ethereum and you'll see that in order for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin in price, Ethereum need to surpass the market cap of the whole world.  Your words are just full of empty dreams that will never happen. Bitcoin will still stay as the king of all cryptocurrency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
It is difficult to know in advance what will happen, but when investing people only invest in value, Bitcoin will still be better than Ethereum for the time being. If you want to compare the transaction speed, there are many coins faster than Ethereum and a lot cheaper fee. In fact, Bitcoin is considered a property and there will be no detailed evaluation of this coin as it is not necessary.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101

No i don't think so. Of course Ethereum start very well in this year but beating btc is quite impossible right now. Look at coin market cap and see how much difference between their market cap. They are updating many things and preparing for ETH 2.0 also but although it's not enough to beat btc. They need almost $140M+ to beat btc and it's not that simple. So there is no way eth will be taking 1st place in 2020.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
Even if ETH continue to rise and pump higher, it can’t replace bitcoin on top because bitcoin is the king of all and that should remain untouchable. ETH is a good altcoin, that’s why its number 1 altcoin so I think this is enough title for ETH, there’s no doubt that ETH can make a new ATH this year.
Activity: 574
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
Many altcoins would try to achieve important goals before Bitcoin hardfork because they realize that from this point bull market could happen and only coins that showed a great progress could succeed.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5

I see this as expecting too much from Ethereum maybe because it is the second best coin so it might now be easier to replace Bitcoin and be the most valued crypto; well it is indeed too much of expectations because as it stands now there is no coin that have the power to replace Bitcoin. What I expect to see from Ethereum is a good growth owing to what the team is working on and also as a result of the good news coming into the crypto space of which other coins will benefit from the news as well.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
Ethereum's near Future, looks good. It may touch $600-$700 this year.
However it's not possible at the moment for eth to cross btc value. BTC is very far and stronger than ETH.
Pages:
Jump to: