Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 15. (Read 11514 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
August 17, 2018, 05:22:57 AM
It can die if SEC will not make clear laws and regulation forms for ICOs market, because people are very afraid of scammers, which are too much now on the market.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 05:18:05 AM
I think that is impossible. Even now, many ICO projects are risky. But there are also many ICOs that can give users a tremendous benefit. I think that only when cryptos all die, new ICO projects may not be able to grow.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
August 17, 2018, 05:13:32 AM
The OP is very right to raise this concern because it is really disturbing and heart breaking in the sense that currently most ICOs have very similar use cases and that is causing a division of investors who might contribute to the success of the ICO. This is causing so many projects to fail and i think we need to put in place plans to make ICOs have different use cases.
Activity: 275
August 17, 2018, 05:07:58 AM
Many skeptics say they are dying of cryptoscopes in 2018, but there are still many who believe in the prospect and future of this. I also believe that everything will be adjusted and the best time will come.
Activity: 406
Merit: 21
August 17, 2018, 05:02:22 AM
This will not happen exactly, the number of crypto projects will decrease, investors become smarter, now they already know how to distinguish good crypto projects from bad ones, but investment will always exist.
Activity: 463
Merit: 102
August 17, 2018, 04:07:53 AM
ICO will be until there is a crypto currency. After all, without ideas, everything will stop. When all the niches of our life and all our needs are filled, then the ICO will be more qualitative.
I am not 100% sure about it as too many scam ICO's are there which is bringing down the reputation of ico's and governments are also started to ban the ICO's in some countries....well i hope they dont die but there is some risk in their existence.
Activity: 106
Merit: 15
Your Gate to Decentralized Internet
August 17, 2018, 04:05:42 AM
I don't think that is possible, if you look at the year so far, then you will see that a lot of icos have been launched this year too. It might not be doing as well as anyone expected but the fact still remains that the icos are still making money despite the bear market. 2018 is not the year that icos die, that is left to be decided in the future but certainly not now.

Are you investing in ICOs yourself? Yes many have been launched this year and they collected more money than ever, but no one else made any money, at least 9 out 10 ICOs completely failed and I do not think ICO's will be profitable anymore unless we get back into a new bull market. My last profitable ICO was in february, the rest of the year I would like to delete from my memory.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 13, 2018, 06:51:42 AM
I don't think that is possible, if you look at the year so far, then you will see that a lot of icos have been launched this year too. It might not be doing as well as anyone expected but the fact still remains that the icos are still making money despite the bear market. 2018 is not the year that icos die, that is left to be decided in the future but certainly not now.
Activity: 144
August 11, 2018, 04:57:11 PM
I believe that nothing will happen with ICO projects this year and they will continue to exist.
Activity: 70
August 11, 2018, 04:55:09 PM
If ICOs funding projects see the day, i think we will see it as a good tool like kickstarter. The number will be reduced, because scammers will not see it as a good business and will turn to the next big fast crypto thing.

This could mean that it can be a good way of getting some money, not as it is right now, but it will be another toll to invest, like trading, lending, etc.

But if ICOs devs don't see it like this and only scam projects will use it, in the middle of next year, ICOs will slowly but surely die.
Activity: 126
August 11, 2018, 04:51:19 PM
I think there have been more ICO this year combine to to every other year. Ideas a re coming up everyday and they need to be applied to our everyday life. So expect more ICO to come out till we get genuine one that willanifest its main purpose.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
August 11, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
ICO will be until there is a crypto currency. After all, without ideas, everything will stop. When all the niches of our life and all our needs are filled, then the ICO will be more qualitative.
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
August 11, 2018, 04:30:02 PM
I agree that the ICO will not die but it also will not become more important in the future because we should know that too many projects appear, real and fake are indistinguishable easily, many people have lost money in fake projects then lost trust in the ICO, that makes the future of the ICO not so bright. In addition, when this market grow over time, people will gradually choose reputable altcoin, potential for long term or medium term investment, eliminate the ICO projects related to similar fields, the future of ICO will be more difficult than ever
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
S O A R https://www.soar.earth/
August 11, 2018, 04:29:37 PM
It is obvious that this year the ICO industry began to change. Now the money is collected only for really promising projects. And investors began to ignore the weak ICO.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
August 11, 2018, 04:27:05 PM
No one really knows if ico will die this year or what. There are some icos that haven't delivered what they promised
But there are also some that did so let is not generalize things. I think one of the thogns that we can do to do away or avoid those kinds of icos is to research about the campaign first before joining. But then again, it is a risk. As for
Me, i don't thin ico will end soon or this year even since the number pf people who are quite interested in the crypto community and investors are increasing which means there will be more projects popping out soon.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 04:26:50 PM
Well, die is unlikely to die, well, this year of course is not so sweet to invest,but I think with the next bullish trend of investment again will!
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
August 11, 2018, 04:23:17 PM
ICO will not die on 2018. The process will still be on going. Many people patronize and engage in this ICO because of its decentralized kind of organization. And I think this is why ICOs will remain as long as people are still engage and forever will be patronizing this organization. There are lots of benefits that ICOs can give.

You said it already that companies improve their ways to get rid of scammers. In this way we can have a better access to ICO and be always mindful in every input that you did.
Activity: 260
August 11, 2018, 04:22:06 PM
ICO may not probably die but since scammers got detected I think people will become careful now in investing for an ICO and surely only few will make it in the market. I think those scammers will not make it by 2018 because investors now are getting more critics in choosing their ICO also with the current situation of most ICO they will need a good and credible promotions to attracts people and investors
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 11, 2018, 04:17:58 PM
I think ICO and crypto as is self has a very long way to go. Yes, we see the crush now. But in every market this could happen. And we are at the early beginning of the crypto world
Activity: 266
August 11, 2018, 04:15:29 PM
You maybe right is like market has fall woefully am panicking have invested alot of money to crypto will i loose my money thos year 2018 am thinking of withdrawing my money by December 2018
Pages:
Jump to: