Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 156. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 111
December 27, 2017, 10:51:23 AM
ICO may not probably die but since scammers got detected I think people will become careful now in investing for an ICO and surely only few will make it in the market. I think those scammers will not make it by 2018 because investors now are getting more critics in choosing their ICO also with the current situation of most ICO they will need a good and credible promotions to attracts people and investors
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
December 27, 2017, 10:49:57 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

Mate, I'm also of your view. 2018 would even see the springing up of new and numerous icos because cryptocurrencies are going to be the new revelation for money generation by next year.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 10:49:15 AM
I guess ICOs will still remain running in 2018. As I have observed in this forum's threads, I have read that some says, 2018 will be the year for ICOs or for Alternative cryptocurrencies, and I hope that it will be.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 27, 2017, 10:45:27 AM
I dont think that ICOs will die in 2018, because that would mean the end of innovation and technological advancement. ICOs in some cases are designed and developed to better the system.
Activity: 406
December 27, 2017, 10:34:31 AM
I think ICO in 2018 will be slightly different, maybe some rules are getting tougher. and the quality of ICO must be profitable for all parties. so, the point is that ICO 2018 will get better.

It would be nice thought
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
December 27, 2017, 10:32:44 AM
I think ICO in 2018 will be slightly different, maybe some rules are getting tougher. and the quality of ICO must be profitable for all parties. so, the point is that ICO 2018 will get better.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
December 27, 2017, 10:26:18 AM
I think ICO will not die, because more and more enthusiasts ICO. making ICO still prosper and still stand up to now, even my estimation ICO will still exist and more and more devotees
Activity: 299
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 10:04:46 AM
I think that in 2018 we will see more interesting and profitable projects, snowball has just started to gain momentum
Activity: 54
December 27, 2017, 09:54:06 AM
i suppose the trend will be the same - more ICO overall and less successful ICO
Activity: 364
December 27, 2017, 09:53:01 AM
My is prediction ICo won't die in 2018 because day by day too many altcoins are launching and that's are creating Internal coin offer. So i think in 2018 another new coin will come in crypto market and then ICo will start again. That's why my opinion is ICO won't die in 2018
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
December 27, 2017, 09:47:46 AM
ICO will never die guys, come on there is not even single chance of that happening any real soon. There will be at least few projects coming everyday for sure. You can say that there will be drop in number of ICO coming everyday but there could not be complete stopping of them, never!

Besides this you can never stop people thinking of new ideas though they are similar to previous one but put forth in different way, it still stands a chance to become better one as compared to other one.

ICO is atmosphere of crypto where there must be some so that people get attracted to different projects and then they could inevstment money into it. This process I believe is essential. So no ICO will not die in 2018, there frequency might.
Activity: 228
December 27, 2017, 09:47:03 AM
ICOs will not die as long as there are investors who are ready to go on big risk for big profit.  In 2018 i think situation will little bit calm down and number of ICOS will be reduced.
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 09:46:13 AM
I think  no, ICO will last for years , good project will win from so many icos.If you can find them , you will get a lot of money .
Activity: 336
December 27, 2017, 09:44:24 AM
Its not gonna die my friend, maybe it will level up and make more changes in the future.As of now, you will see a lot of  projects doing great things and not just for a short period of time, it takes months or years. Projects that had a lot of good things and features have more potential to be on top and may will become a promising project like Bitcoin.
Activity: 406
December 27, 2017, 09:42:45 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
I was reading your bold sentence and it seems just another bullshit. Can you give me the more explanation about why was kickcity using the ico to raise the fund? I just know that you are trying to promoting your project rather than open a public discussion about the existence of ico in the future.

Well, since you asked =) KickCity exists for two years and its time to expand. Blockchain and the token economy will let platform to up to the next level. There is the Grant from Helsinki Government but this is not enough. The idea is referral system - users will be promoting events and get reward with cryptocurrency. It will be safer with blockchain.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 09:42:36 AM
ICO has already made one thing - they have killed Venture model. There can appear all the possible regulations but there is no way to turn minced meat back into meat again. Overall this crypto has shown the main problems of fiat system together with the investment mechanics. In human's history there almost no precedents when people turn back to something what is taking more energy (except gunpowder prohibition by Japan). Mechanical switches will never replace the sensors back, although everybody understand they are more reliable. There is no way people will return to old investment models.  
Activity: 238
“The Future of Security Tokens”
December 27, 2017, 09:38:31 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.

I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

But a lot of crypto-newbies gamble with them thinking they know what they're doing and that crypto is all about pumping and dumping random "projects". These people ignore, or not even aware what crypto stands for and just giving a bad name to it. And they will eventually get burned and hate cryptos altogether. Profits aren't made from nothing, it comes from other people's losses.
I disagree with your opinion. Crypto is the place that open opportunity for all people who invented many things and need funds to blooming their company and distribute their products to costumer.if the icos not a new one or its already trusted and already bigger and had a name then the icos didn't need bounty anymore. we as a users will never have side income.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
December 27, 2017, 09:37:52 AM
The first thing I looked in any Ico that I participated in and joined is the expertise of the people behind it, are they really real people, what are their expertise and how they are going to make it and the most important is reputation in their field, they should be real people.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
December 27, 2017, 09:29:45 AM
I do not believe ICOS will totally die as there are many people who do not mine or are programmers to create coins and new technology. Without investors, the altcoin and Bitcoin markets would be dead, so we need investment and different places to invest so the capital can flow to and from the cryptocurrency markets. I do believe though that ICOS may be more heavily regulated from country to country and some places like the U.S and China who banned ICOS are making it very hard for their citizens to enter this investment class.
Activity: 84
Merit: 16
Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale
December 27, 2017, 09:27:44 AM
It depends on how they do it- if the ICO is a full sale with just a white paper and some vague promises- I think they're already dead, except for the gullible. If on the other hand, it's split into multiple rounds, linked to delivery with clear proof of progress, then it's here to stay- it's already killing the traditional Venture Capital model, and that's actually not a terrible thing.
Jump to: