Pages:
Author

Topic: Will mining will ever stop ? - page 18. (Read 4836 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 05:24:46 AM
The cost of mining is slowing decreasing as the processing power of the servers is decreasing but yes there exists s scenario where the slowing may stop and that is where the energy consumption cost increases
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
July 21, 2018, 08:52:36 AM
I don't imagine that it ever will truly. Take a gander at it along these lines, on the off chance that you make an exchange then it goes into the square, you need to sit tight for the diggers to mine your square before your exchange can experience, that essentially implies that if there were no excavators then your exchange would be stuck in the blockchain everlastingly, so as long as we require mineworkers to affirm our exchanges, there will dependably be excavators.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
July 21, 2018, 08:47:44 AM
I don't think that it ever will really. Look at it this way, if you make a transaction then it goes into the block, you have to wait for the miners to mine your block before your transaction can go through, that simply means that if there were no miners then your transaction would be stuck in the blockchain forever, so as long as we need miners to confirm our transactions, there will always be miners.
But nothing will stop mining. But as I read today, miners will pay more for electricity than other citizens. Probably, miners will get less income, but mining will be further and you have to believe that.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
July 21, 2018, 08:39:58 AM
I don't think that it ever will really. Look at it this way, if you make a transaction then it goes into the block, you have to wait for the miners to mine your block before your transaction can go through, that simply means that if there were no miners then your transaction would be stuck in the blockchain forever, so as long as we need miners to confirm our transactions, there will always be miners.
Activity: 80
July 20, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
I don't think so, I mean, not yet, with the huge amount of cryptocurrencies coming out everyday, we have altcoins to mine for a few years from now
Activity: 98
July 20, 2018, 09:53:13 PM
It's like shale production with oil. Below a certain price point, it stops being cost effective for X number of groups, and this sort of thing typically isn't linear in its decline. The currency may go up in value, but difficulty forces centralization to achieve the same profit margins unless the currency valuation outpaces cost, which becomes an increasingly longer gamble for a smaller organization. You'll get a glut of cards from people bailing out at some point.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
July 20, 2018, 09:51:42 PM
well i don't think so, s long as there's a POW coin to mine, miners would flock over and mine those coins. Unless all coins switch to Proof of Stake or any other algorithm though Smiley
And that is never going to happen, many people claim that proof of stake is better than proof of work but that is simply not true so for as long as the blockchain exists we are going to have miners, but as time goes on they will have to become more efficient not only in their algorithms but also in their energy consumption since the energy needed to mine bitcoin is getting out of control.
Activity: 190
July 20, 2018, 09:54:49 AM
It is impossible because mining plays a great role in the cryptocurrency maket. I think that even more people will do it in the future than now again.
Activity: 140
July 18, 2018, 07:35:34 PM
I believe in the future new technology will change mining, maybe in the future their will be a new consensus mechanism that will make mining of coins not necessary anymore, technology changes everything and we might reach that stage with mining. 
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
July 18, 2018, 07:17:37 PM
Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Mining will never stop because there are a lot of people today who are still investing everytime the market prices are currently dumping and that is the reason why cryptocurrency will never die.
Activity: 434
Merit: 17
July 18, 2018, 07:10:49 PM
We understand when will mining of Bitcoin will stop, but mining like a sphere don't stop until cryptocurrency stay alive.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
July 18, 2018, 01:31:02 PM
mining is a must for blockchain. if there is no miner, then who is going to approve the transactions? there should be some hardwares that ruling the blockchain huh? and they will always be the miners.
Activity: 161
Merit: 2
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
July 18, 2018, 04:05:36 AM
Mining is becoming less popular that it was not so far. I consider that its being disappeared is quite possible in the future but not in the nearest one.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
July 18, 2018, 03:31:12 AM
Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Yes, it will stop when it reached the limit of supply, for example bitcoin supply is 21mil. But that will need very long time.
for now, no cryptocurrency has reached the total supply yet. So, we will wait another several years for keep mining.
Activity: 182
July 18, 2018, 03:00:50 AM
When all the bitcoins have been mined, exchange charges will be the sole wellspring of wage for excavators. Regardless of whether they will be sufficient to keep diggers monetarily above water is an unsettled issue. One approach to shield it from ceasing is by advancing mining innovation.
Activity: 112
July 18, 2018, 02:52:42 AM
Mining can never stop. Mining is an integral part of cryptocurrency. Mining is the reason why you have smooth and cheap transactions across the globe. Mining will still be here even when Pos become more used!
Agreed. And what about bitcoin. I think mining will not stop even after the generation. The joke is that miners receive bitcoin as a reward, and do not create it. Therefore, after the generation, miners will continue to work on the processing of the operation and will receive a Commission. And given that the generation will stop, then over time bitcoin transactions will accelerate.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
July 18, 2018, 02:50:29 AM
no, even if individuals leave, big companies will continue to work with ASIC devices.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
July 18, 2018, 02:45:24 AM
it will never stop because if it will stop no more people or miner will process our transaction, there are many transactions ever second. but probably it will change pow to pos.
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
July 18, 2018, 02:44:31 AM
Mining will never stop for other coins maybe in the future a good PoS System will be ready but today PoS is not as secure as it is.
Activity: 147
July 18, 2018, 02:41:03 AM
I think mining will never stop while there are still transact using crypto, because if the mining does not exist then who will help do the transaction crypto, as far as I know with the miners then crypto transactions become easier.
and if btc, eth or other crypto has reached the supply limit, perhaps as much as the supply limit will still circulate from one hand to the other hand.
Pages:
Jump to: