Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Monero Reach $500 in 2019? - page 14. (Read 20259 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 11
April 07, 2019, 09:54:07 PM
I think it is very difficult for Monero to achieve a value of $ 500. I think a lot of factors are needed to achieve that value, but now there is still a need for BTC to increase its confidence and confidence in this market. They need to learn and learn more to be able to trust and invest in this market as well as Monero to help its value increase. And of course, the more difficult the coin is to exploit it, and the higher the difficulty level will be, the higher the value will be pushed.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 105
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON
April 07, 2019, 08:10:59 PM
I am sure that can happen if the price of Bitcoin is $ 25000, because if the price of Bitcoin rises to $ 25000, then all cryptocurrency prices will increase very high (bull run) including Monero prices, but if the price of Bitcoin has not reached $ 25000, then I think Monero it will be difficult to reach $ 500 by 2019, although that might happen but with very little possibility, unless the price of Bitcoin rises to $ 25000 then I think the opportunity for Monero to increase $ 500 will be greater.
Activity: 552
Merit: 1
April 07, 2019, 06:51:08 PM
Several coins were being predicated to rise tremendously in this year, but I my own opinion, it is too early. Well, the market might really improve and appreciate this year, but monero might not grow to that level.
Activity: 406
Merit: 112
April 07, 2019, 06:14:38 PM
Bitcoin will not be $20000 in 2019.  It is possible to get over $10000, but not that huge chances. $20000 is almost totally impossible.
The next station that Bitcoin has to surpass is $6000, that might be reached soon, but the point at $10000 is very difficult in next few months.
For now, even the point at $10000 is nearly impossible. I don't think bitcoin can hit $10000 anytime in the current year.
This is a huge exaggeration to say that anyone could pull off a successful 51% attack on the Bitcoin network. You need the hardware and all the other resources. who has that and once somebody has it, why not just use it to mine it?
Bitman can do that if they want, but I don't see such attacks bring benefits to Bitman, or maybe others. Such attacks, if happen will only bring negative things on bitcoin and crypto, it is bad in general and everyone will be affected.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
April 07, 2019, 03:10:58 PM
There is a total availibility of 18.4 million Monero in the market, and out of that 16.7 million has already been mined, since the genesis of the cryptocurrency back in 2014.

Now as mentioned before, the limit of mining Monero is 18.4 million, 16.7 million of which has already been mined. It has been noticed that a more finite a resource is, the more valuable it becomes.

Now Let me know what you guys think about it? Will Monero Reach $500 in 2019?

Monero will have 18.1 million mined mid 2022. So in 3 years time.  After that it will add like 150k XMR every year. And that way forever secured its network not needed  to rely on fees.  Number of daily mined Monero decrease drastically. and went from 25k in April 2014 to 2150 XMR today. 25k XMR mined daily was huge selling pressure that kept Monero price low for years. Now that pressure is slowly going away and that will reflect on Monero Bitcoin ratio.

I dont think $500 Monero in 2019 is likely to happen. Yes of course it is possible but for that needs a serious adoption to happen. Without that adoption to happen and relying only on Bitcoin cycle we should see a $500 Monero in beginning of 2021.

I didn't know that there will be a constant issuance of 150k Monero per year. Will it be 150k per year infinitely?
Every year the issue of Monero coins will decrease.
but in the coming years, the release of new coins will be at the level of 100-150 thousand per year.

Yes and then finally the block reward will go to zero and the network incentives will only come from transaction fees?

No it will stay at around 150k.  What will decrease is a % that that will add to the whole number of coins in existence. I believe it will be 0.87% yearly and then just decreases slowly.   Gold yearly mined inflation is between 1.5% and 2%.  Current Monero yearly issuance inflation is around 4%

Ok thank you for the clarification. Do you think that it is good to have an infinite issuance of 150k per year? Could that in theory be changed if the majority of the network agrees or what are the majority rules for such changes? Do you know that?

Of course it is good since it is the only way to secure the network. Fees will never be high enough to secure network on its own. Bitcoin and many other copies of Bitcon will have this problem to add tail emission "soon". In Bitcoins case in about 15 years time.  Main point of money is top be secure. If someone make you think he sent you coins but he did not then that is not the money anymore and value of such coins will be zero.

And what if Bitcoin turns into a pure store of value? Wouldn't it even be better for it to become deflationary?

How can you store value if anyone can make 51% attack and fake its transaction that never happened? Would that not make that coin worthless? If you would be always scared that whenever you receive Bitcoins you would get fake ones?   When network is not secured enough and I believe you cant secure it just with fees. Then this will happen.  But as I said. Bitcoin should be safe until at least year 2040. So there is plenty of time to find solution or add tail emission like Monero solved this problem.

Monero with 0.8% yearly emission will be deflationary. I am totally positive about that. That will barely cover the lost coins. As I mention before that will be even less then half less as gold have. Is gold inflationary? I dont think so. One ounce of gold bought you an amour in roman times. One ounce of gold bought you a business suit 100 years ago and one ounce of gold buys you a designers outfit today. So pretty neutral, nor deflationary nor inflationary.   And gold was tested over several millenniums. So the answer is pretty clear. Monero will be deflationary. So as Bitcoin already 6 years from now.

This is a huge exaggeration to say that anyone could pull off a successful 51% attack on the Bitcoin network. You need the hardware and all the other resources. who has that and once somebody has it, why not just use it to mine it?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
April 04, 2019, 01:17:54 PM
$500 is a very high price, I'm pessimistic this year can be achieved. Monero might be good at the moment but the market still doesn't have the power to try to rise. so it's impossible that this can become a reality..

Actually it can happen quite easy , if btc will bypass over 20k USD then monero can do easy 500$ aswell , same goes for other tokens/coins . Im hoping eth will go back to 1.2K in future and even more . Can you imagine ETH being at 5k USD range ? Seems unreal , like it was when eth was at 10$ range =]

Bitcoin will not be $20000 in 2019.  It is possible to get over $10000, but not that huge chances. $20000 is almost totally impossible.
Activity: 580
Merit: 101
April 03, 2019, 01:16:25 AM
I can sure XMR or monero could raise $500 next time, almost price now still lower and condition of bitcoin not good is hard to get monero or XMR will be on higher price and raised to $500.
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet
April 02, 2019, 09:59:43 PM
Taking profits for shorterm if you want, but you should buy Monero back whenever you have chances to buy at cheaper price, because Monero will not stay at the current low price range (it stood there for months) for too long.
I you hesitate too much after taking profits, you might miss great chance to buy it back, and later you might have to buy Monero back at much more expensive price.
I'd like XMR and hold some. But I made some research for me and decided that Grin have more chances to be popular and wide usable. Quick, simple, privacy, a big community and developers, different wallets with and without full blockchain and other. That's why this year will be more difficult for XMR than earlier on the techno side
Activity: 1022
Merit: 264
April 02, 2019, 02:24:19 PM
$500 is a very high price, I'm pessimistic this year can be achieved. Monero might be good at the moment but the market still doesn't have the power to try to rise. so it's impossible that this can become a reality..

Actually it can happen quite easy , if btc will bypass over 20k USD then monero can do easy 500$ aswell , same goes for other tokens/coins . Im hoping eth will go back to 1.2K in future and even more . Can you imagine ETH being at 5k USD range ? Seems unreal , like it was when eth was at 10$ range =]
Activity: 840
April 02, 2019, 02:20:38 PM
I think Monero is one of the strongest coins. It seems to me that anonymous coins can be very successful. That is why I bet on this coin. I believe that it will rise significantly.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
April 02, 2019, 02:15:13 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
April 02, 2019, 02:00:33 PM
I don't see it going to that price by the end of the year without a serious bull run which doesn't look like it will happen for a while yet. But monero is a very good coin and its low supply and technology will send the price back up soon I believe.
Exactly Monero is one of the best altcoin on the market and there have lot of chance to increase price of this coin. Technology of this coin is awesome. I think price will increase gradually and by the end of this year i think it will reach $200.
I'd like XMR and hold some. But I made some research for me and decided that Grin have more chances to be popular and wide usable. Quick, simple, privacy, a big community and developers, different wallets with and without full blockchain and other. That's why this year will be more difficult for XMR than earlier on the techno side
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
April 02, 2019, 01:15:33 PM
I don't see it going to that price by the end of the year without a serious bull run which doesn't look like it will happen for a while yet. But monero is a very good coin and its low supply and technology will send the price back up soon I believe.
Exactly Monero is one of the best altcoin on the market and there have lot of chance to increase price of this coin. Technology of this coin is awesome. I think price will increase gradually and by the end of this year i think it will reach $200.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 02, 2019, 01:07:47 PM
It's possible for monero to reach 500$ imho, privacy is the next big focus in cryptocurrency.
I am holding three coins to cover the privacy coin field:  Monero - large cap, Zcoin - medium cap, Spectrecoin - micro cap.
So I think I'm well set up in this area
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
April 02, 2019, 01:01:42 PM
Everything is possible. And if we look at some cryptocurrencyes we will see that such growing is real. But Monero team should work hard to reach this goal.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 10
www.cd3d.app
April 02, 2019, 12:54:00 PM
Nothing impossible in crypto, Monero is a good coin and with continued community support, but it is not easy to reach and of course the price of $ 500 can be achieved if the market can skyrocket like 2017.
I agree , but with the current situation on the market I doubt something like this could happen , I think we can grow but only x2 , not more , not enough investors in the market now!
I am totally support to you. Although Monero is a potential coin but present market condition i think it is impossible. I believe only it can possible in long term.
Activity: 420
April 02, 2019, 12:48:49 PM
i believe Monero will rise in this year but it will never reach that much in just few months, even though the market is still in downtrend, rightnow the price of Monero is just 64$ but i believe it will soon reach 150 at the end of this year.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
freelanex.io
April 02, 2019, 12:28:02 PM
I doubt that Monero will win $ 500 this year, that the target is too high because the value is currently around $ 64. Anonymity is the advantage of Monero, besides that nothing is seeded anymore so it will be difficult for growth. However, everything is possible because the crypto market can be manipulated by being pumped by some people who have power.
Activity: 406
Merit: 112
April 02, 2019, 12:12:59 PM
Low, I don't think it is low opportunity.
In fact, we should accept the fact the Monero won't be able to hit $500 this year, or even in the year 2020.
The XMR will only be able to reach such price in 2021, with FOMOs and strong supports from the King, Bitcoin.
The opportunity for Monero to reach $ 500 this year seems very low, even if the market has certain recoveries, this story still has a low success rate because you can see that the demand for monero at this time is very low, if this only happened in the last few days, I won't say it but this has lasted for a while. Monero was no longer so attractive, people were no longer paying attention to it, many competitors and potentials appeared, replacing the monero position, and with such a situation, the price increase is limited, it will not be able to rise too high
Activity: 560
April 02, 2019, 11:50:13 AM
It may be because today we already have real opportunities for this. Look at the price of the BTC project on which a lot depends on the market today. Therefore, I think that all this is not just.
Pages:
Jump to: