Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Tether crash to $0? - page 3. (Read 1943 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
November 02, 2021, 02:15:45 AM
I am pretty sure not so long ago (like a month or so), there was no minimum withdrawal limit for tethers in binance.

Well, now I see they want you to withdraw at least 50 usdt.

Maybe it is just a binance thing but I feel like something is going down. I don't know if it is Binance, tether or both.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 21, 2021, 07:58:22 PM
The reason for Tether to crash to $0 will require big and important big events and issues to happen.

There are lots of issues before regarding Tether but where are those now? It doesn't have much to the Tether as a whole. Maybe don't think about it now. Tether is still safe and valuable. Of course, don't stick with Tether as your stored value when avoiding crypto volatility. Try other stable coins too and see for yourself the experience.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
October 21, 2021, 07:42:23 PM
I believe so, since its pegged to real dollar 1:1. If the issue from Tether company comes, probably it would hurt Tether so hard as long they backed up the fund well.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
October 12, 2021, 01:24:37 PM
very safe, I think there is no way Tether will become worthless, currently Tether is the most stable coin and also very widely used. for what will happen in the future no one knows for sure but speculation about the worthlessness of Tether coins will be beyond guess.
I don't think it's necessary to think about it because from past evidence that Tether is really valuable and has always been a stable coin, so the first stable coin category in cryptocurrency is Tether, not the other even though there are many stable coins at this time.

Tether is the best stable coin compared to other stable coins, it can be seen from its high volume and also always in the top 10 crypto. It's impossible
for Tether to drop to $0, so I never hesitate to use Tether to save money when the market crashes. Maybe the person who thinks that Tether will drop
to $0, that person hasn't studied Tether well. Because Tether is indeed one of the popular coins that many traders use, so Tether is indeed valuable,
so it is impossible for the price to be $0.
The best stable coin doesn't mean it won't or impossible to crash down to 0$. Remember that USDT works on trust as long as the company behind it assures you that they can credit you $1:1USDT. If one day, people demand that their USDT to be credible and they fail to fulfill the 1:1 exchange rate, it going to crash hard. Same with any other stable coin out there.
Activity: 252
Merit: 45
October 12, 2021, 12:49:14 PM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?

I do not think it is correct to comment and guide on this matter. I suggest you to do an accurate and statistical market research on this. If your loss is big, there is nothing to do but wait. Of course, even if there is a risk of sinking completely, it is necessary to act with the logic that it is good to come back from the loss.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 12, 2021, 11:27:14 AM
The best option when bear dominates the market.

Converting your crypto to USDT helps you to avoid more damage from your investment.

So far, seeing it crashing down to zero is still far to happen, even there are already alternatives, but
the superiority of USDT still high.

The only possibilities that it may happen is a self destruction from the developer itself, or pressure
from the government that can damage the actual activities inside this system..

You've said it yourself. Only self-destruction from the developer itself or pressure from the government can put an end to Tether as we know it. Believe me, nothing is guaranteed to last forever. The industry is growing at a fast pace, so it should only be a matter of time before governments regulate it. Either Tether complies with regulators or fades away into oblivion. I'm pretty sure the company (Bitfinex) will comply with regulators in order to keep itself afloat. The stablecoin (Tether) is the biggest one on the market right now, so it's got nothing to lose. No one knows when (if it'll happen anyways) Tether will go to zero, since crypto land behaves in many strange and bizarre ways. As long as you diversify your investment into other stablecoins, you'll have nothing to worry about. Just my opinion Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
October 11, 2021, 08:03:09 AM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?

In fact, the price of any coin can drop to zero. Something would just have to happen that would make society completely lose confidence in it. USDT has never disappointed so far, so I don't expect anything negative to happen in the future. Of course, remember that the risk is always there.

With the current mass usage of Tether, it's far from being a no-value coin in the future. It was mostly used because of safe haven when the market is on a bear trend. And with high fees that were a headache to others, using stable coins is a good alternative.

Mostly, users are just paying around $1 to cover the transaction fees using stable coins.

The best option when bear dominates the market.

Converting your crypto to USDT helps you to avoid more damage from your investment.

So far, seeing it crashing down to zero is still far to happen, even there are already alternatives, but
the superiority of USDT still high.

The only possibilities that it may happen is a self destruction from the developer itself, or pressure
from the government that can damage the actual activities inside this system..

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
October 11, 2021, 04:17:58 AM
Well somebody says it's not safe to store your funds in Tether because it's centralized they prefer decentralized stablecoin like DAI but I don't think Tether is not safe. Tether is existed in many years and I usually use it, never having a problem so for me Tether is a safe stablecoin.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 11, 2021, 03:50:55 AM
If I personally still choose Tether as an option to store assets, if you see the price of the coin is unstable. because by making Tether the assets I have still have the same value. but this is what i do. maybe friends on this forum, have a different opinion..
there are only few that can be trusted as stable coin and one of those are Tether in which the highest in ranking now.

What is the option when the competition is far from others?

meaning expecting tether to become zero value is like looking to all stable coin first to fall.

Nope tether is fairly stable and popular so we cannot think of any coin dropping from this far specially stablished coins like this.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
October 11, 2021, 12:52:26 AM

In fact, the price of any coin can drop to zero. Something would just have to happen that would make society completely lose confidence in it. USDT has never disappointed so far, so I don't expect anything negative to happen in the future. Of course, remember that the risk is always there.
usdt is a coin that has been around for a long time, and until now it is still safe and has a market capitalization at the top, although there is a lot of negative talk about usdt, I don't think it is proven and is still trusted by many people. but indeed all risks can occur, and we certainly have an analysis for that
we know how USDT used to get bad news. like XRP with its case. but what we see is trust in USDT and XRP is also steadily increasing.
like what happened to XRP, even though it had fallen very drastically, but investor confidence returned to enter XRP.
and for USDT, I think it will be very difficult to break trust until it is worthless. moreover, it is a stable asset.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
October 11, 2021, 12:38:27 AM
1. Idk if you are following the news lately, but the US government is coming after Tether.  The head of the SEC has been on a public road show for the past couple of months saying "WE ARE COMING". That's why Binance and other exhcanges are trying their hardest to clean up their act by taking away leverage and cutting off lots of countries. The music is slowing down and people on the inside know it. The Coinbase CEO is basically crying on Twitter every week now bc he knows what's coming. The US government works very, very slow..tons of bureaucracy.  Once they get you in their cross hairs, then you are in for a world of pain.

2. One of the main reasons the US government is coming now is precisely because their balance sheet is $70 billion. Tether failing now might spill over into other financial markets, so they want to stop this before the bubble gets even bigger.

3. Bitfinix can do nothing once Tether goes down because people will lose confidence in Tether. Once confidence is gone then you can print all you want, it won't matter if nobody will touch it.

If they had any brains, they wouldn't let tether grow in the first place. *This is all organized*. I was nuts last year when tether marketcap hit $9b and now it is nearly x8 of this. They should have stopped it way earlier. It already became too big and if they close tether now, the pain will be huge. People will riot and burn cities. They can't risk this.

If they do it anyway, which means *This is all organized*. They wanted it to happen. They want to do it on purpose. By they, I mean the SEC.

Was tether small when its marketcap was $9b? No. $9b is still huge money but the SEC let it grow to $70b. And I think, they won't do crap till it hits $100b+ or probably never.

4. I'm actually replying to you because you seem like a real person...most of the other reply's look like "copy/paste" jobs (I wonder by whom?). I'm a believer in crypto long term, but the sooner this gets cleaned up the better. The technology is too good to have bozos like Tether and Bitfinix associated with it.

I wish I was AI, life would be way easier.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
October 10, 2021, 10:29:10 PM

usdt is a coin that has been around for a long time, and until now it is still safe and has a market capitalization at the top, although there is a lot of negative talk about usdt, I don't think it is proven and is still trusted by many people. but indeed all risks can occur, and we certainly have an analysis for that
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1008
October 10, 2021, 07:49:43 PM

With the current mass usage of Tether, it's far from being a no-value coin in the future. It was mostly used because of safe haven when the market is on a bear trend. And with high fees that were a headache to others, using stable coins is a good alternative.

Mostly, users are just paying around $1 to cover the transaction fees using stable coins.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
October 10, 2021, 07:47:29 PM

Activity: 532
October 10, 2021, 07:44:02 PM
I just found out that Tether was once priced at $0. I think stable coins immediately get the same price as the currency that is being used as the project.
I don't think Tether will go down at $0, because it's a well-integrated usability.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
October 10, 2021, 07:31:35 PM
I dont thins so, but there is nothing 100%. Tether (USDT) is the third biggest cryptocurrency by market capitalization. It's also the biggest stablecoin on the market. But its popularity doesn't necessarily make it a safe investment.
popularity will clearly determine people to make USDT still used as one for trading. because as a stable coin that is still very reliable today. like you said USDT market capitalization is also very good is an acknowledgment, because indeed all use USDT for transactions more efficiently so that prices do not change according to their wishes. Therefore, it is not surprising that it is often used as the most secure transaction tool to date.
When it comes to being safe or not, you can be sure that everything in crypto can change at any time, but realistically it's not that easy to disappear right away.
Activity: 609
Rexx
October 09, 2021, 04:23:02 PM
If I personally still choose Tether as an option to store assets, if you see the price of the coin is unstable. because by making Tether the assets I have still have the same value. but this is what i do. maybe friends on this forum, have a different opinion..
Activity: 144
October 09, 2021, 02:30:55 PM
I can't believe the cognitive dissonance going on around here. Bitcoin/cryto used to be about not trusting 3rd parties by cutting out the middle man.

"don't trust, verify" turned into "haven't verified, but I trust them" LOLOLOLOL!

Tether proven itself to be trusted over the years. Their balance sheet is nearly  $70b and that's bigger than the most US banks. If there was anything shady, the US would shut them down.

Ask yourself why you trust Tether so much? I think the simple answer is greed, people "in the know" realize there is something shady going on, but everyone wants to get rich. The party is not going to end well...this will make mt. gox seem like child's play because back then your average joe wasn't invested in crypto.

Tether is too big to fail now. If there are any misdoings, the central bank of Bitfinex will fix the situation by printing more tethers. It is that easy.

Remember the part in the move "The Big Short" when the stripper says she has 4 or 5 condos? Well that's the crypto community at the moment...having too much fun chasing dollars and not stopping to ask if this is sustainable or healthy.
BTW, the lights will turn off all at once, so don't think you will have time to get out.

That's all hater/bear talk. Enjoy staying poor.

1. Idk if you are following the news lately, but the US government is coming after Tether.  The head of the SEC has been on a public road show for the past couple of months saying "WE ARE COMING". That's why Binance and other exhcanges are trying their hardest to clean up their act by taking away leverage and cutting off lots of countries. The music is slowing down and people on the inside know it. The Coinbase CEO is basically crying on Twitter every week now bc he knows what's coming. The US government works very, very slow..tons of bureaucracy.  Once they get you in their cross hairs, then you are in for a world of pain.

2. One of the main reasons the US government is coming now is precisely because their balance sheet is $70 billion. Tether failing now might spill over into other financial markets, so they want to stop this before the bubble gets even bigger.

3. Bitfinix can do nothing once Tether goes down because people will lose confidence in Tether. Once confidence is gone then you can print all you want, it won't matter if nobody will touch it.

4. I'm actually replying to you because you seem like a real person...most of the other reply's look like "copy/paste" jobs (I wonder by whom?). I'm a believer in crypto long term, but the sooner this gets cleaned up the better. The technology is too good to have bozos like Tether and Bitfinix associated with it.
Activity: 1106
October 09, 2021, 12:46:40 PM
I dont thins so, but there is nothing 100%. Tether (USDT) is the third biggest cryptocurrency by market capitalization. It's also the biggest stablecoin on the market. But its popularity doesn't necessarily make it a safe investment.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
October 09, 2021, 12:34:11 PM
A chance is suspension of tie because of their case anyway they as of now win the case by paying some cash. Tie at any point slammed so hard before. that has been giving an illustration if tie could kick the bucket whenever yet individuals are as yet feeling certainty with it as they are as yet utilizing tie as the token to keep their worth to be steady or keep away from the unpredictability from the market.
Pages:
Jump to: