Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Tether crash to $0? - page 5. (Read 1943 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
September 25, 2021, 04:53:14 AM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?

Do you mean Tether crashes to 0 in 2017? Can you please share link where its mentioned.

Its at no 4 at CMC and one of the top choice for traders to keep there cash readily available for investing in btc and altcoins.

It has market cap of 68 billion usd right now. I dont know whether company has same no of usd in there reserves.

Its already written so many times that why it cant go to zero, so i wont discuss that.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
September 25, 2021, 04:19:26 AM
Well that is so true, I also think the same way. I think Tether will not touch $0 because I see Tether still has so many people who wants to invest in it and if we look the price in past few months, I think the price is quite safe and stable. So, I still want to recommend to invest in it.
Yes it is definitely stable and safe because Tether is a stablecoin that is very much preferred by everyone in the crypto space in terms of storing their assets before making any trades, because in general Tether is not very suitable to be chosen as an investment in the long term.
Lets look at the brighter side , though of course nothing is permanent as Stable coin also needs support so one day if the support from the users gone? then probability to become zero value is there but of course this will depend on the reactions .
I am a USDT holder as this is what i use to hide my currency and prevent from experiencing too much volatility .
The answer is yes, inevitably.

It doesn't even hold cash as its reserves anymore.

Just take a look at their reserve breakdowns for this financial year, if I remember correctly only around 3-4% of it is actually in cash whilst the rest are in debt/equities/other investments. Fractional reserve systems never last too long.
you made me alarmed from this post , i never took a look on this part but indeed , you are perfectly correct on that and this is what i am now afraid of .

FUD.

Bitcoin will go to a million dollars. Tether is fiiine and Bitfinex is a good company. They say tether holds some junk China bonds, so what? China already bailed out half of Evergrande. They haven't rescued the other half yet, but maybe they will later.

Tether also made it clear that they don't hold any Evergrande bonds.

If they get in trouble, they'll just print more tethers and bail the failing part of their problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if tether's marketcap hits above 100 billion next year and drive bitcoin to $100k.

Buckle up.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 25, 2021, 03:35:15 AM
Well that is so true, I also think the same way. I think Tether will not touch $0 because I see Tether still has so many people who wants to invest in it and if we look the price in past few months, I think the price is quite safe and stable. So, I still want to recommend to invest in it.
Yes it is definitely stable and safe because Tether is a stablecoin that is very much preferred by everyone in the crypto space in terms of storing their assets before making any trades, because in general Tether is not very suitable to be chosen as an investment in the long term.
Lets look at the brighter side , though of course nothing is permanent as Stable coin also needs support so one day if the support from the users gone? then probability to become zero value is there but of course this will depend on the reactions .
I am a USDT holder as this is what i use to hide my currency and prevent from experiencing too much volatility .

Just take a look at their reserve breakdowns for this financial year, if I remember correctly only around 3-4% of it is actually in cash whilst the rest are in debt/equities/other investments. Fractional reserve systems never last too long.
you made me alarmed from this post , i never took a look on this part but indeed , you are perfectly correct on that and this is what i am now afraid of .
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
-ethernity cloud-
September 25, 2021, 12:46:43 AM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?

I believe Tether will never touch $0, because if Tether has touched $0, then of course it is not safe to invest in Tether anymore, because Tether is a stable coin, so if the price of Tether reaches $0, then that means people don't trust to use Tether anymore as a stable coin and that will make Tether no longer safe to use, therefore as long as the price of Tether has not fallen below $0.8, then of course Tether is still very safe to use as a stable coin.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
September 25, 2021, 12:23:40 AM

I believe Tether will never touch $0, because if Tether has touched $0, then of course it is not safe to invest in Tether anymore, because Tether is a stable coin, so if the price of Tether reaches $0, then that means people don't trust to use Tether anymore as a stable coin and that will make Tether no longer safe to use, therefore as long as the price of Tether has not fallen below $0.8, then of course Tether is still very safe to use as a stable coin.
I think before stepping closer to $0, maybe a lot of people have left it, so it will be an ash coin, but what I have seen so far tether is not like that. Of course, there are still many people who believe in using tether, and the price is still stable. that's why there are a lot of negative rumors, and we have to deal with them wisely
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
September 24, 2021, 07:28:39 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 22, 2021, 07:12:44 PM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
September 22, 2021, 06:32:03 PM
I don't think Tether will ever reach $0, it will never fall too deep and it will never rise too high. That's why Tether is called a stablecoin. maybe some things that might happen in the future will happen like a war or something and it will definitely have an effect because when that happens, the world is not fine.

Even a war won't decrease the value of Tether to something zero. It might even use more.

Hard regulations might come and it might affect Tether's price but Tether is currently the most used stable coin. From a trader's perspective, it's good to have a stable coin for any crypto trading pair to minimize their losses or secure profits without worrying much about price volatility.

I wouldn't trust Tether with my money even if it offers attractive interest rates. As it's said in the real world, it's "better to be safe than sorry". You're better off exchanging your crypto to Fiat than a centralized stablecoin than Tether. Just my thoughts Grin

In the first place, why consider Tether as an investment? Just use the advantage of it. It's not that you will put the majority of your baskets on Tether.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 22, 2021, 06:26:05 PM
Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand why people have so much trust on tether, especially when we take into account that we are in a market that prides itself on being decentralized and yet stable coins are the complete opposite of that idea, there is a lot of evidence that shows that the one to one ratio that people were promised is simply an illusion and at some point there is going to be government intervention and people are going to realize they had been lied to all of those years and the coin is going to crash.

People trust Tether because they think it's insured or backed by the government. But we all know that's not the case. Trusting Tether is no different than trusting banks with your hard-earned money. Everything will eventually go down the drain, as Tether is extremely centralized. What makes you think governments won't crack down on Tether anytime soon? Even if this doesn't happen, there's always the possibility of the issuer running away with the money in the future. The risks will always be there, but it's up to you to decide what to do with your investment in the long run.

I wouldn't trust Tether with my money even if it offers attractive interest rates. As it's said in the real world, it's "better to be safe than sorry". You're better off exchanging your crypto to Fiat than a centralized stablecoin than Tether. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 22, 2021, 11:49:59 AM
I don't think Tether will ever reach $0, it will never fall too deep and it will never rise too high. That's why Tether is called a stablecoin. maybe some things that might happen in the future will happen like a war or something and it will definitely have an effect because when that happens, the world is not fine.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 17, 2021, 05:09:16 PM
~
 but we are talking about a private company that supposedly backs each one of their tokens with one dollar, something that has been put into doubt many times in the past and if at some point the government decides to move against USDT then it will crash immediately.
There will be government looking closely about what they are really doing and whether they are really backing up anything substantial amount to the most important word here, supposedly backing up every USDT with a dollar which is not and there are documents that came out already that they do not even hold 20% of the funds in USD. The next 5 years is interesting as many countries are coming up with regulations and we will see what the fate of USDT will be.
Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand why people have so much trust on tether, especially when we take into account that we are in a market that prides itself on being decentralized and yet stable coins are the complete opposite of that idea, there is a lot of evidence that shows that the one to one ratio that people were promised is simply an illusion and at some point there is going to be government intervention and people are going to realize they had been lied to all of those years and the coin is going to crash.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 140
September 17, 2021, 01:28:38 PM
A lot have already lost their trust with USDT but it's still standing there and if they've not proven that they're not fully backed by USD it's been so long that they've fallen already.

About the centralization, it is what mostly are worried about but as long as everyone can see huge volume on it, people will get save their assets through it.
This is very interesting topic because here crypto community is divided as few feeling it's not possible and mostly feeling this can happen it's excellent that now we have very good discussions about us for tether and other stable coins because community need to have more understanding and information about this all.

For me, it's not possible that tether is crashing to 0 because its also have some good community but still exactly team is know what to do and how to bring better things for users and investors better is not hold for very long time and have keep eye on market about all updates.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
September 13, 2021, 06:51:23 PM
~
 but we are talking about a private company that supposedly backs each one of their tokens with one dollar, something that has been put into doubt many times in the past and if at some point the government decides to move against USDT then it will crash immediately.
There will be government looking closely about what they are really doing and whether they are really backing up anything substantial amount to the most important word here, supposedly backing up every USDT with a dollar which is not and there are documents that came out already that they do not even hold 20% of the funds in USD. The next 5 years is interesting as many countries are coming up with regulations and we will see what the fate of USDT will be.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
www.cd3d.app
September 13, 2021, 04:12:18 PM
very, very unlikely because Tether is backed by $1 and will only reach 0 if the dollar value becomes 0 too which is impossible. The destruction of the coins will not reach $ 0.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 13, 2021, 01:13:13 PM
hard for USDT to fall to $0. because right now USDT is still one of the most stable tokens, and if it falls to $0 it might cause the crypto market to experience temporary disruptions, as many exchanges compare to USDT.
Logically it will not happen without serious problems, because until now USDT is still the mainstay of everyone because many are listed on exchanges and have many pairs with other coins as well in all exchanges.
This is circular logic, just because something has not collapsed it does not mean it has no chances of collapsing, make no mistake stable currencies have a place in this market and they give liquidity to it but at the end of the day it is nothing more but a centralized coin which is no different than fiat currencies that are also centralized, but with the added risk that it is not a country that is issuing this stable currency but a business and so the chances of failure are higher.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 207
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 13, 2021, 02:03:09 AM
Since 2017 there was this issue but what happened didn't USDT stays valuable and now continuously becoming the most used stable coin in crypto market?
i don't think that there is any chance this going down to 0 at least not in the near future. this will stay for another years as top stable coin.
Activity: 827
September 12, 2021, 11:03:32 PM
hard for USDT to fall to $0. because right now USDT is still one of the most stable tokens, and if it falls to $0 it might cause the crypto market to experience temporary disruptions, as many exchanges compare to USDT.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 267
September 12, 2021, 01:19:39 PM
I don't think Tether USDT will go back to $0 in future. It is one of the best stable coin and people have strong believe in it. It is really trustworthy stable coin where we can keep our trust.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 12, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
it is pegged to USD so it must be $1 all the time. although sometimes i see stablecoin price goes $1.01 on exchanges.

what you would need to worry about is the purchasing power of the dollar because if you keep your investment in USDT or USD while its purchasing power slowly slides, it's just going to be what Micheal Saylor is saying. you are sitting on a melting block of ice. you better just put your money where it's going to grow.
Activity: 896
September 12, 2021, 10:32:16 AM
Tether is a token that is made with a stable concept, so it is not affected by market conditions, Tether is certainly the best solution for those who are hesitant to enter the market so it is natural that currently Tether's transaction volume is the largest beating bitcoin. Of course, Tether will never drop or go up from the $1 price range.
it will never happen. because USDT is also as stable an asset as BUSD and others. they have a fairly fixed value with very little movement. its value may change when the market is in a fairly rapid trend change. like when pump and dump. we can see its value with other asset pairs has changed slightly.
Pages:
Jump to: