Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Tether crash to $0? - page 7. (Read 1936 times)

Activity: 1932
Merit: 174
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 31, 2021, 07:04:28 AM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?
stop comedy guys. tether will not break easily, you need tether to make the coin stable and like a dollar. even today tether is nominated as the safest coin to store assets. so it's impossible if the tether is 0
The comedy he makes is not funny even though he made this on purpose, because Tether has been used by many cryptocurrency users since the past until now and there has never been any complaint regarding its use, so how can it be 0, so it's a deliberate comedy it's annoying sometimes too. Grin
from 2017 meaning it has been 4 yeas now yet Tether is still alive and kicking , this is enough answer for this question and no need elaborations .
the value of tether will remain as is , because this is stable coin and if there might be some thread i'm sure this can face and will win against those like USDC and other stable coins.
and also tether had been stablished their support from the crypto community over the years , i even hide  my funds when volatility shows rampantly .
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
August 31, 2021, 06:27:22 AM
I don't think it will  go down to zero but since its a centralized one anything can happen to this coin. Just like binance freezed converting btc to usdt in latest bloodshed. We can never predict behaviour of these centralized things.
And the future of it is in their hands.

It's manipulative and they can do a maneuver whenever they see the falling of it comes. But it's highly unlikely to see Tether crash to zero.

Many times did people thought of it a few years ago yet it's still there standing and giving the highest volume in trades.
logically it is difficult if tether will reach zero especially in the near term, if we look at the size of the trading volume in usdt. but with a legal case, anything can happen, so it's just a matter of how well tether is in resolving the legal case, and this will certainly affect investor confidence.
The volume of tether inside the exchange is really huge and seems not to be moved as quickly as that.
but like what you have said legal cases may affect this stable coin, when there are cases that being file against the existence of this coin the developing team needs to counter and try to resolve as quick as possible, if major case that may cause for whole collapse then the chance is possible for tether to break the value and be worthless in the long run.

There are always possibilities as we don't know how this market will turn against any assets, the team behind and the end users who continue supporting the coin both are important to continue surviving.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 575
August 31, 2021, 04:32:13 AM
~
It's manipulative and they can do a maneuver whenever they see the falling of it comes. But it's highly unlikely to see Tether crash to zero.

Many times did people thought of it a few years ago yet it's still there standing and giving the highest volume in trades.
The huge volume of trades can vanish anytime. How many times we have seen coins and projects with huge volumes of trade and exchanges with huge volumes vanish just like that, either due to a major hack or some sort of legal issues. With the legal issues Tether is having and the court cases they are involved you cannot blindly say that it will never happen. We will see how long it can sustain these levels once regulations kicks in globally.
I don't think that it can vanish in an instant. It will gradually be gone if there's no more volume with it but I don't think that it will vanish as immediate as a snap of a finger. This is Tether and this is different from those projects that have vanished an instant, there's been a huge volume on it for a long time, I'm not defending it.

I'm just stating a fact that if ever there's some bad news on it, it can't be gone on that time quickly.

I don't think it will  go down to zero but since its a centralized one anything can happen to this coin. Just like binance freezed converting btc to usdt in latest bloodshed. We can never predict behaviour of these centralized things.

logically it is difficult if tether will reach zero especially in the near term, if we look at the size of the trading volume in usdt. but with a legal case, anything can happen, so it's just a matter of how well tether is in resolving the legal case, and this will certainly affect investor confidence.
It is true that anything can happen. But I believe that if ever it drops in value, we'll see it a little by little.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 31, 2021, 01:25:00 AM

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
August 30, 2021, 07:44:34 PM
~

The huge volume of trades can vanish anytime. How many times we have seen coins and projects with huge volumes of trade and exchanges with huge volumes vanish just like that, either due to a major hack or some sort of legal issues. With the legal issues Tether is having and the court cases they are involved you cannot blindly say that it will never happen. We will see how long it can sustain these levels once regulations kicks in globally.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 575
August 30, 2021, 07:10:15 PM

Activity: 811
Merit: 250
August 30, 2021, 04:35:18 PM
Back in 2017, the topic of stablecoins like Tether completely crashing to $0. Is Tether still safe to hold your funds on?
stop comedy guys. tether will not break easily, you need tether to make the coin stable and like a dollar. even today tether is nominated as the safest coin to store assets. so it's impossible if the tether is 0
The comedy he makes is not funny even though he made this on purpose, because Tether has been used by many cryptocurrency users since the past until now and there has never been any complaint regarding its use, so how can it be 0, so it's a deliberate comedy it's annoying sometimes too. Grin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
August 30, 2021, 01:20:23 PM
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
August 30, 2021, 10:58:31 AM
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612
August 29, 2021, 06:56:50 PM
It is the same asking "if Bitcoin will crash to $0?"
I couldn't remember that stablecoins had become $0 market value last 2017, maybe those shitcoins, not USDT, BUSD, and other stable coins.

if ever I miss that thing but in this time, I have no doubt that it will happen again. I mean, the market is growing, many traders are using Tether as trading pairs to BTC and altcoins. And for that high demand, it surely becomes impossible that it losses again its value.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 793
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 29, 2021, 06:20:35 PM
That's right I think it's quite strange if there are still people who doubt USDT,
I don't think we need to worry about USDT and it's safe,
if you are not sure maybe we can follow the movement of USDT market capitalization
It is not strange at all that people doubt USDT, only those that know nothing about USDT trust completely in it, over the years there have been many doubts about whether or not each USDT is backed by one dollar as they say and there is decent evidence that shows that at least for a time this was not the case, which should have caused the price to go down, and when we take into account its centralized nature it is natural that people doubt it.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 870
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
August 29, 2021, 04:14:57 PM
What would constitute for a crash in the first place? Going down to zero dollars isn't possible remember that some coins are lost forever some have their owners not able to access them because of forgotten private keys which means these will save some of its value..

For your information tether crashing to zero means we have a financial crisis in real life because it's pegged to perform and mimic how price moves based on the US dollar .
Activity: 2730
Merit: 595
August 29, 2021, 03:47:10 PM
I'd assume that the whole market will crash after Tether goes to $0. That's because Tether is the one stablecoin which moves the market. Ever since the stablecoin launched, the issuer (Bitfinex) has been "printing" new coins with the aim to manipulate the market. Without Tether, the market will be doomed. Prices of major crypto assets will recover after that, albeit at a slow and steady pace. There's no need to worry about Tether since there are a wide number of options to choose from. With a decentralized stablecoin like DAI, there's no need to rely on centralized stablecoins anymore. Time will tell us whenever Tether will survive or become a failed experiment.
Contrary to popular belief, tether is not the thing that keeps bitcoin alive, just the opposite it is the thing that keeps it low. When tether crashes to zero, where does that money go to? Will it go to dollar directly? It will go to bitcoin, people who sell their tether will cause it to go down, because without people selling USDT then how could it go down?

If people are selling for it to go down, then what are they getting in return? If they are selling that means they need to get something in return, even if they are selling it for 10 cents they need to get something in return, and that is 99.99% of the time will be bitcoin, hence the price of bitcoin will skyrocket insanely high, think about 50+ billion dollars worth of bitcoin bought at the same period, even if it is just 5-6 billion dollars that is going to impact the price amazingly well.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
August 28, 2021, 03:01:36 PM

Tether will never reach $0, because if the price of Tether reaches $0, then it's means Tether is not safe anymore (scam), because Tether is a stable coin and is in the top 5 on coinmarketcap, so the price of Tether will always be stable and will not crash to $0, because Tether has a lot of support (high volume and market cap).
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
August 28, 2021, 02:25:04 PM
In respects with your inquiry yes it's protected to hold your asset it will save you from smashing as well if the market will decline, additionally it's the most steady coin on the lookout so you ought not stress over it that much. I think it is protected to hold tie when you feel the market isn't adequate to enter the exchange.
Your explanation is very precise and may be very helpful for the creator of this topic, because maybe he doesn't know Tether completely, so he made this kind of question and now there are many answers that he can understand well in general.
Activity: 1568
COMBONetwork
August 28, 2021, 02:12:31 PM
No one can give you a definitive answer about if USDT safe or not. If anyone is so confident about their answer, they're a fool and you shouldn't trust it. USDT or Tether or any stablecoin out there always has a risk. You shouldn't put everything you have into USDT bag, split it and spread it out to other cryptocurrencies or other stablecoin.
Basically for me personally every coin must have its own level of risk,
talking about stable coins like USDT and BUSD so far it's safe and maybe the risk is still low,
It's also a good way to share it in other coins not on one coin and I think it can minimize the risk
Activity: 360
August 28, 2021, 12:50:42 PM
No one can give you a definitive answer about if USDT safe or not. If anyone is so confident about their answer, they're a fool and you shouldn't trust it. USDT or Tether or any stablecoin out there always has a risk. You shouldn't put everything you have into USDT bag, split it and spread it out to other cryptocurrencies or other stablecoin.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 27, 2021, 02:51:08 PM

Nothing is guaranteed to last for life. Tether is subject to losing its value in the future because of its utterly-centralized design. A full government crackdown or the issuer "closing up shop", could undermine the value of Tether as we speak. We should be prepared for the worst by cashing out our crypto directly into Fiat instead of a stablecoin. You'll never know when everything will go down the drain as the crypto market is widely unpredictable.

I'd assume that the whole market will crash after Tether goes to $0. That's because Tether is the one stablecoin which moves the market. Ever since the stablecoin launched, the issuer (Bitfinex) has been "printing" new coins with the aim to manipulate the market. Without Tether, the market will be doomed. Prices of major crypto assets will recover after that, albeit at a slow and steady pace. There's no need to worry about Tether since there are a wide number of options to choose from. With a decentralized stablecoin like DAI, there's no need to rely on centralized stablecoins anymore. Time will tell us whenever Tether will survive or become a failed experiment. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
August 26, 2021, 08:17:10 AM
this data proves that people trust and use more USDT compared to other establecoins, so you can already imagine what it means, in a nutshell: you can keep using USDT and of course always with your eyes wide open so that if shit happens you will be safe
it is clear that people using stable coins certainly aim that what they want with the coin should indeed remain stable and will not be affected by any events, if there is also a change there will be very little impact and indeed USDT is the most appropriate for stable coins at this time.

The evidence is that majority of the users trust USDT and may be because they are not aware of the issues that are brewing for years or they think that the team will overcome these and keep on running without much audit. It is really popular but that does not make it trustworthy. Will see what happens in the next 5 years seals it fate.
USDT will certainly not be affected by any circumstances and will always be able to provide a stable value and it is made for it. so it is likely that many people will not be affected at all by the situation that USDT as a stable coin will change in the future, it can be ascertained that it will always be maintained because the mechanism is indeed made in such a way.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
August 25, 2021, 07:27:08 PM

Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/

this data proves that people trust and use more USDT compared to other establecoins, so you can already imagine what it means, in a nutshell: you can keep using USDT and of course always with your eyes wide open so that if shit happens you will be safe
we can see from the past that usdt has always been on top. this shows that the market capitalization of usdt is still large when compared to other stablecoins. how can we say the usdt is not safe, or will even be worth $0, will the usdt holders take all the funds, until there is no market cap left. I guess logically it's not like that
That's right I think it's quite strange if there are still people who doubt USDT,
I don't think we need to worry about USDT and it's safe,
if you are not sure maybe we can follow the movement of USDT market capitalization
Pages:
Jump to: