Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency? - page 35. (Read 5719 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
We can not really deny that there would be researcher who would want to develop new technology to compete bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, and launched their found technology, if this happen then there will be possibility that the bitcoin will be outdated by another currency in the future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I guess at this time no other cryptocurrencies can defeat bitcoin. Bitcoin already established roots and it's credibility is already proven over the years.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

Yes. I agree with your statements because bitcoin right now is very profitable and it is the reason why there were a lot of investors who invested with bitcoin because they are sure that they can earned a huge profit. The popularity of bitcoin contributed to it's foundation to become more stronger.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
indeed there are many alternative coins that have the potential to grow and develop, but to take the position of bitcoin is not possible alternative coins will always be under bitcoin, bitcoin as a benchmark price of each alternative coin they follow the bitcoin price movement to determine their price
Activity: 277
Merit: 12
This option is quite possible. Now the market is falling, but the etherium continues to absorb all new and new platforms and services. The scenario is not excluded that after the launch of the telegram project, the etherium will come out ahead.
Activity: 252
Merit: 71
No, bitcoin still the number one coin in crypto world and no one will above on it. Even the price is volatile still more people want and trust bitcoin and they still believe that it will rise again. More people become rich in investing bitcoin and it has the most potential coin and highest value thats why no one can outdated bitcoin.

I guess that Bitcoin will stay the #1 cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, and then everything can happen. As I suspect, Ethereum can take its place.

I don't think that will happen with a lot of Bitcoin users and supporters all around the world. Considering the people who also want to invest on Bitcoin and plan to hold on it until they've reached a favorable price that is good for them to sell it. Bitcoin might have a high fee but we all know that a lot of great profits was given by Bitcoin in the past.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
in my opinion, bitcoin will not expire by other currencies because bitcoin develops with its own currency and in its form is also different.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
In the short time, I don't think so.
In the long term, it's possible.
Internet is still very new technology, just 26-27 years old.
Blockchain is just a few years old.
10, 20 or let's say 50 years are very long periods in the Internet ages, many new technologies will come, Internet will develop much more and become part of everyday life for the most people in the world.
So, it's good possibility that something else will replace bitcoin eventually.
Activity: 56
must be admitted bitcoin is a very sophisticated technology with unquestionable security
now with a high bitcoin price it is unlikely that bitcoin will be expired by another currency
I can not say no ... becouse nothing is impossible in this world.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
I do not think there is any"the always number one" in this world. Moreover, the world of technology is always growing rapidly. This day, Bitcoin become number one cryptocurrency, but you have to take a look a lot of the other possibility. There are thousands of alternate crypto which has a chance to beat Bitcoin popularity. It's a matter of time that Bitcoin will become useless. Unless Satoshi doing some big improvement on Bitcoin ecosystem.
Activity: 106
for me bitcoin has not been expired by other currencies because bitcoin is a cryptocurrency currency, unlike other physical currencies.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
No, bitcoin still the number one coin in crypto world and no one will above on it. Even the price is volatile still more people want and trust bitcoin and they still believe that it will rise again. More people become rich in investing bitcoin and it has the most potential coin and highest value thats why no one can outdated bitcoin.
This sounds impossible, rather more than not possible for the counterparts have been struggling other than ETH. ETH has been stable in the crypto market and has been attracting so many investors that it sounds ETH will go a big way but again the Bitcoin is not a piece of cake and if there is a rise in the value of the ETH, there will be a more than proportionate rise in the value of Bitcoin which means that Bitcoin is invincible.

The bitcoin core developer team won't let bitcoin to be "outdated" but also the community highly support the bitcoin but I see that people are being spread into altcoins gradually.
So I think there might be a slowly loss of interest of bitcoin but as most of the exchanges are supporting trading pairs mostly btc/xxx then bitcoin won't be outdated for a long time from now.
Why people are using other altcoins is because of the low transaction fees there, much faster transaction time, fast confirmation etc.
It depends on the competition because if the developer team of bitcoin will see that the other cryptocurrencies or altcoins are extremely far compare to the technology of bitcoin then they will not push it or try hard to be competitive and they will just let the other cryptocurrencies reign on their own and outdated the bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
This sounds impossible, rather more than not possible for the counterparts have been struggling other than ETH. ETH has been stable in the crypto market and has been attracting so many investors that it sounds ETH will go a big way but again the Bitcoin is not a piece of cake and if there is a rise in the value of the ETH, there will be a more than proportionate rise in the value of Bitcoin which means that Bitcoin is invincible.

The bitcoin core developer team won't let bitcoin to be "outdated" but also the community highly support the bitcoin but I see that people are being spread into altcoins gradually.
So I think there might be a slowly loss of interest of bitcoin but as most of the exchanges are supporting trading pairs mostly btc/xxx then bitcoin won't be outdated for a long time from now.
Why people are using other altcoins is because of the low transaction fees there, much faster transaction time, fast confirmation etc.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
Mountains is my passion
I guess that Bitcoin will stay the #1 cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, and then everything can happen. As I suspect, Ethereum can take its place.

What do you mean by "taking it's place"?
Become more popular? Bitcoin will always be the most known coin just because it's the first coin. I'm not telling you Ethereum is a waste but it's a bit less known than Bitcoin and that won't change.

Or maybe overcoming it with a price? That might happened when the interest of buying BTC will go down (and it will go down soon due to the fact BTC has no use, transactions mostly cost more then the transacted summ, etc.)
Activity: 24
Will not happen. Because the potential of bitcoin is still very large and demand for bitcoin every day keeps increasing. So it certainly will not be obsolete or anything else.
I do not think Bitcoin will be outdated or out shined by any other currency. It is rather the King of cryptocurrencies for it has come a long way and despite so many hurdles and criticism in the start, Bitcoin expanded and has been now embraced by so many companies and investors across the world. Furthermore, the future expected return is far more than all the rest of cryptocurrencies and it means Bitcoin is one of its kind.

Yeah I agree, also the only PoW Crypto with a truly enourmous decentralization and many years of being in function - most new coins are basically untested.

Do not forget these two points
Activity: 15
I agree, although Bitcoin is the "King" of all Cryptos, unless we see Bitcoin making some amendments to its protocol we may see more innovative alt coins rising up to take its place. Ethereum is one of them. Although it has much catching up to do in the markets I think its a possibility. China recently ranked Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin was not in the Top 10. The index is based on three criteria: technology, application, and innovation. Ethereum came first, while Bitcoin was only 13th.

https://cryptonews.com/news/china-ranks-cryptocurrencies-and-bitcoin-is-not-in-top-10-1806.htm

Bitcoin is an aging King. After bringing in millions of users to the network, and engaging the interest of thousands, Bitcoin has hit a jam on its network as a backlog has led to higher transaction fees and longer waiting times. Currently, the market share for Bitcoin is just over 33 percent, having not too long ago been at over 60. Bitcoin could be in some trouble. It wont disappear but it definitely has competition to look out for.
Activity: 17
No altcoin can be compared to Bitcoin and Bitcoin will forever be a king in Crypto. But if you want to overthrow Bitcoin, only ETH can do it. Because ETH is also developing strongly and is trending up like Bitcoin before

I agree, although Bitcoin is the "King" of all Cryptos, unless we see Bitcoin making some amendments to its protocol we may see more innovative alt coins rising up to take its place. Ethereum is one of them. Although it has much catching up to do in the markets I think its a possibility. China recently ranked Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin was not in the Top 10. The index is based on three criteria: technology, application, and innovation. Ethereum came first, while Bitcoin was only 13th.

https://cryptonews.com/news/china-ranks-cryptocurrencies-and-bitcoin-is-not-in-top-10-1806.htm
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
Bitcoin is the only currency which can handle any amount of transactions in blockchain space so no coin is in competition or near to bitcoin
Activity: 142
Bitcoin now remains only with its holders, now the etherium is maximized and top crypto  Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
If anything gains popularity like this then nothing can harm it. As we know that b Bitcoin has gained the most popularity then there is no currency in front that can defeat Bitcoin. As we know that Bitcoin is the main and absolute currency now because its demand has reached the normal place and is continuing the increase trend to have the highest possible demand.
Pages:
Jump to: