Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the price of bitcoin increase forever? - page 13. (Read 8906 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13
December 07, 2017, 08:00:39 PM
I do not see stability in price over 10 000$, It will be a wild ride , that's for sure.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
December 07, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
I think no! there come a certain time when the price of bitcoin will become stable and that is when the issue regarding legality and acceptance of bitcoin in the world market has been settled already. I think like a normal currency bitcoin has a fixed value its just that at this moment a lot of correction is happening and I think sooner the value of bitcoin will become fixed.
I certainly agree the bright idea, that it wont keep increasing forever, for now it plays very well and keeps on climbing high, especially people keeps on supporting too, but definitely when it reaches also the fixing point it’s true it go on normal price like others do too
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 07, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Expect Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash to go up until the satoshi equals 1 penny. Then the devs will divide the satoshi in the programming, and Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cahs will continue to go up.

Cool
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
December 07, 2017, 12:20:33 PM
May sometimes go down but in general prices will continue to rise, the thing that becomes the main strength of bitcoin is decentralization, users continue to increase while stocks are limited so as to keep prices up.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
December 07, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?

There are a lot of things to consider in determining the reasons on why bitcoin's prices are increasing. Below are some scenarios that effect bitcoin prices currently and in the future:

1) Due to its rising popularity, a lot of individuals are investing into bitcoin hoping that their investment will prosper by basing it in the price history (currently the mindset of most old/new investors);
2) The law of demand and supply of bitcoin plays a major role in its price especially with its cap of 21 million in the market;
3) Country prohibitions or acceptance are a factor in its price especially in China when they banned mining bitcoins. That significantly dropped the price but it regained afterwards due to Japan's accepting of it as payment and making it available into most retailers as payment;
3) Bitcoin whales are trying their best to manipulate the price which contributes to its high volatility in the market;
4) Due to its decentralised nature, no government agency or authority can ever regulate it compared to other types of investments which are under the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) which plays a huge part on its part; and
5) It's decentralised nature also makes it the perfect payment for transactions around the world making it the very first type of currency to be able to transfer money in seconds without an expensive fee.

Those are some reasons on why I think bitcoin's price increases per day. Some might argue or add knowledge to my comment but feel free to do so. No one really knows on when this chain will end but take this as an opportunity to maximise its potential by investing into it.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 07, 2017, 12:03:28 PM
Will the price of bitcoin increase forever?

Nothing lasts forever. But the value of fiat is only as it is, because people have recognized value there. Same with Bitcoin. After all, what is a dollar bill actually worth? The price of the paper (cloth) and the ink.

Whatever has value in the minds of people is the thing that increases. In fact, we would do well to consider everything to be money, especially land. If we did this, we would gain value that would be above money. Look at this example:

Back in the 1970s a certain 70-y-o house might have sold for $30,000. Today, a comparable 70-y-o house might sell for $200,000. Did the value of the house increase? No. The value of fiat decreased.

It isn't Bitcoin that is increasing. Rather, it is fiat that is decreasing. And other value-holders, like Bitcoin Cash are decreasing, as well.

Will this go on forever like this? Probably not. Probably somewhere along the line people will get tired of waiting for their Bitcoin confirmations, and then something else will seem to increase (Bitcoin Cash)... but really because the value of Bitcoin will go down.

Cool
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 12:00:17 PM
We have to remember that there's no such thing as forever in this world. Everything will come to an end even this world itself. But talking about bitcoin this price increase will go on continuously. If ever it goes down it will only be momentarily and then it will go up again. I can see bitcoin becoming more and more expensive and getting stronger each day. I can feel this trend to move on for the next few years till it comes to a point where it will stabilize.
Activity: 11
December 07, 2017, 11:56:04 AM
Since the total number of bitcoin is fixed, so the value of bitcoin will keep grow, and it's price will keep grow also. So will there a price cap for bitcoin?
Soon Bitcoin will raise to its limits or even after its limits that Bitcoin is in the state of being use only for transaction that is to high that not everyone can achieve in the future or maybe can only use on a multimillionaire transaction.
Activity: 190
Merit: 11
December 07, 2017, 11:51:05 AM
I don't think so. Maybe there will be some minor problems that may bitcoin decrease its value. But in my opinion bitcoin will grow more and even than this year.
Activity: 238
December 07, 2017, 11:48:12 AM
I don't think bitcoin price will in the uptrend forever. Someday the price will move down but I don't know when, unfortunately.
Activity: 1
December 07, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
Isn't the original purpose of Bitcoin as a currency, not a commodity?   I doubt that anyone who holds it now is using it as such.
But eventually, a ceiling will be found with speculators, and at that point, the fuel that drives prices will be its acceptance and use as a currency.   

Personally, I'm more concerned over government regulations regarding its use.  We all know that they're not going to ignore a financial instrument that cuts them out of potential tax revenue.  As I see it, that's the huge ACME anvil hanging over all cryptocurrency.
Activity: 36
December 07, 2017, 11:29:10 AM
Many investors are now seeing bitcoin as commodities that mean. That means they prefer bitcoin more than gold also there is a lot of demand for bitcoin pushing the price of bitcoin high.
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
December 07, 2017, 11:18:39 AM
We cannot put a conclusion to this issue because nobody knows what is really going on about bitcoin maybe we know some information's that bitcoin is really anonymous because the owner's identity is not in public. But I think before this year ends bitcoin's price will reach 20k us dollar and after this year it will keep on price hiking. Predictions is always there existing, what we really have to do is to enjoy it.

Investing with high risk.

Bitcoin's fire is really burning.

Therefore. I will put a maybe to this issue, it would be yes and no for it's forever perspective.
Activity: 137
Merit: 1
December 07, 2017, 11:11:11 AM
In this world any thing can't increase forever.every moment there is ups and down happend in the life. so I think bitcoin doesn't increase forever.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 07, 2017, 11:09:55 AM
Now, today its too difficult to answer. No one have dreamed of bitcoins price crossing $15000 just within 365 days. But it has, now new revised predications are coming stating bitcoin will cross $20000 mark by end of 2017. Addition to that some crypto experts are predicting that bitcoin may corss $5,00,000 within next five years. If we see last one year's growth chat this seems possible. But this will not lasts forever. It will stop some day.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
December 07, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
I do think it will since many is mesmerized by the current price of bitcoin and thought that it is easy to be achieved the price will keep on growing more and more each year.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 10:48:10 AM
We are amaze about the value and how it still increasing today before the end of this year. It will not increase forever since it much let say not stable, it can be decrease by any minute and hit a low value. But hoping it will not happen , people will get upset about it.
Activity: 444
Merit: 13
https://streamies.io/
December 07, 2017, 10:41:00 AM
In my opinion, no it's not forever increase. There is a time that Bitcoin price would be decreasing or falling down to a point, and then will began to increasing again, pumping and dumping.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
homt.net
December 07, 2017, 09:51:52 AM
I think the price of bitcoin will not increase forever because it depends on the market situation...it could be increase for a long period of time but it can be down too...we can not predict what will happen to the bitcoin's price...as investment so many people will hold and sell based on their need and instinct too  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 1554
Merit: 502
December 07, 2017, 09:49:49 AM
According to demand and required supply price of Bitcoin will increase forever till its finish mining. Mining is the only way to generate new Bitcoins, and currently 16,726,012 BTC out of 21,000,000 BTC are in circulation, and out of 16,726,012 BTC, 974,144 BTC are traded by today only with 63% Dominance as Per Coinmarketcap.

If consider people who hold Bitcoins at initial stage are already millionaire even billionaire, If huge community holding Bitcoins keep supporting then price will oes beyond sky limit as up to $100K to $1000K.
Pages:
Jump to: