Pages:
Author

Topic: Will XTRABYTES (XBY) Be A Top 10 Cryptocurrency By The End Of 2018? - page 7. (Read 13444 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0
oh god, this thread turned into a shilling fest LOL wasn't the focus on XBY issues? also skymia....you may not realize this, but you have my first username from the AOL days  Cheesy good days back then, cheap bitcoins, lots of no fancy GUI etc lol
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
Not sure about XBY, but MEDIC might be...

Check out this new coin, already on exchange!  ROI looks very good!  Medical Cryptocurrency with Masternode!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-medic-coin-foldinghome-gpu-mining-masternode-coin-2753447

Do your own research, study your own investments Smiley and luck will come to you Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 52
I think that this is not possible - it's in 60th place  on coinmarketcap, although it's show good growth, but for the TOP 10 it's needs a miracle!
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
In 2018 I would invest in those coins ..

Aragon (ANT) :Aragon ran a very successful ICO, which at the time was the 4th largest crowdfunding event in history, and the second largest in the blockchain space with only ‘The DAO’ raising more than Aragon’s $25 million. Essentially, it is a platform for creating decentralized organizations. Given its ICO success and functionality, the ANT is sure to rise in 2018.

Stox (STX): Moving further down the market cap rankings, Stox is a prediction market platform. The concept behind it is very similar to other projects like Augur and Gnosis, although there are significant technical differences between all three implementations of the idea. But when you look at the market capitalizations, there is a stark difference. At the time of writing Augur is valued at $185 million while the circulating supply of Gnosis’ GNO tokens, representing a little over 11% of total supply, is valued at $67 million.

Diw (DIW) : DIW plans to introduce a global directory where account holders, be it individuals or organisations, will be able to list their services and expand their reach. The directory will feature a smart rating system increasing trust and transparency between account holders
Activity: 189
Never heard of this but don't think it can be top 10.

Probably not with the way things are, some of the developers are alright, but shilling price just for profits is a no-no, the focus should be on openness, clarity and honesty to reach the top 10, otherwise it would just fall back to the top 100 if it reached it, or heck even low 300-400. I'm going to be honest, I have ALOT of Eth, LTC and some BTC even, but I just don't see the point atm. Sure there will be other investors, but if you can't even satisfy basic criteria, then idek.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
Never heard of this but don't think it can be top 10.
Activity: 38
XTRABYTES is not only a cryptocurrency, but also a whole multifunctional platform. For that reason I am sure it will reach the top 5.
Activity: 35

1. Sorry I misread your question. Zoltchain isn't tested because some people more knowledgeable in computer science than me could de-compile the node software, analyze it alongside the incoming and outgoing communications with the network and reveal the inner workings of the code. This is why the team is waiting for the patent pending status to release the zoltchain in a testnet, that way they can retroactively sue people who use it without permission since they are able to prove that they submitted the idea first.

2. I would agree that I would also have liked to have a word or two on how the work on the patent was going. That being said I wouldn't say it's a major issue.

As a testnet participant I'm staying focused on helping the best way that I can and I'll be online on the 24th to spam the network and uncover bugs that could help in the development of the zoltchain Smiley

If this is the case, that the someone might decompile software then this is understandable concern and I am glad they didnt... Dont mean to offend with that "IF" on the beginning, I thank you for your replies, but I wish this was answered by one of the devs.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
I'm certainly not a super expert, but I believe that this coin will not be exactly in the top 10, because this year there are a lot of more promising coins that will crush her, that's all!
Activity: 18
In all honesty, you didnt answer his questions / issues he brought up. I would also like to know why are you doing tests on old code? I mean, its not like using new one is same as open sourcing it!? Is it?

Also where are the updates on "patent pending" status ?

I personally dont doubt in XBY, but for objectivity sake, you just came here with a smirk on your faces instead of answers.

You will find it is most reassuring to community if you give explanation and not ridicule instead of it.

I can answer these questions.

About the testnet: the "old code" is still integrating the Proof Of Signature protocol and some other parts of the architecture of the upcoming "Zoltchain". The experience I had with software development so far is that you can definitely test and debug some parts of a software or protocol outside of the final package to fix some of the bugs that would otherwise be encountered in the final deployment.

About the "patent pending" status: as you are probably aware of, patent pending means nothing more than that the patent application was submitted, its reception acknowledge by the patent office and its processing underway. That update we had was at the beginning of January when we core team members hopped onto the Discord to tell us that they were working with a legal firm on the writing of the patent. Filling a patent application is very cumbersome and you want to describe your technology and its originality in the best way possible as to avoid nitpicking on the part of the patent office. As long as they are working on writing it, I don't see how it could be useful for the team to say "we're still working on writing the patent".

1. My question wasnt if "old code" had similarities with zoltchain, my question was, why zoltchain  wasnt tested. Would that expose the code in any way? If so, how? I thought it is possible to take zoltchain for a spin without revealing the under workings of code? yes no?

2. Actually, a word or two on how far they got or how much more they will need to work on submitting patent would be better than overall silence on the matter.

1. Sorry I misread your question. Zoltchain isn't tested because some people more knowledgeable in computer science than me could de-compile the node software, analyze it alongside the incoming and outgoing communications with the network and reveal the inner workings of the code. This is why the team is waiting for the patent pending status to release the zoltchain in a testnet, that way they can retroactively sue people who use it without permission since they are able to prove that they submitted the idea first.

2. I would agree that I would also have liked to have a word or two on how the work on the patent was going. That being said I wouldn't say it's a major issue.

As a testnet participant I'm staying focused on helping the best way that I can and I'll be online on the 24th to spam the network and uncover bugs that could help in the development of the zoltchain Smiley
In all honesty, you didnt answer his questions / issues he brought up. I would also like to know why are you doing tests on old code? I mean, its not like using new one is same as open sourcing it!? Is it?

I personally dont doubt in XBY, but for objectivity sake, you just came here with a smirk on your faces instead of answers.

You will find it is most reassuring to community if you give explanation and not ridicule instead of it.

About the testnet: the "old code" is still integrating the Proof Of Signature protocol and some other parts of the architecture of the upcoming "Zoltchain". The experience I had with software development so far is that you can definitely test and debug some parts of a software or protocol outside of the final package to fix some of the bugs that would otherwise be encountered in the final deployment.

About the "patent pending" status: as you are probably aware of, patent pending means nothing more than that the patent application was submitted, its reception acknowledge by the patent office and its processing underway. That update we had was at the beginning of January when we core team members hopped onto the Discord to tell us that they were working with a legal firm on the writing of the patent. Filling a patent application is very cumbersome and you want to describe your technology and its originality in the best way possible as to avoid nitpicking on the part of the patent office. As long as they are working on writing it, I don't see how it could be useful for the team to say "we're still working on writing the patent".

1. My question wasnt if "old code" had similarities with zoltchain, my question was, why zoltchain  wasnt tested. Would that expose the code in any way? If so, how? I thought it is possible to take zoltchain for a spin without revealing the under workings of code? yes no?

2. Actually, a word or two on how far they got or how much more they will need to work on submitting patent would be better than overall silence on the matter.

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
The coin and its design are good but it is not clear what will happen in the market after a certain period ago say that it will be in top 10 too early
brand new
Activity: 0
Fish, I know you visit this thread often and that you're a manager for the social media aspect of XBY. It was inferred / mentioned that the next testnet would run on the zoltchain proving proof of concept tech, but as we can see in this update, it turned out that this was not true. If you care about this project, you will come online and respond to reassure your investors, you too bikerlezno and CCR. Otherwise, you just prove me right about me saying that the developers tend to lie alot...This is a big mess, please openly communicate with your investors. I also ask you this, at this rate with no patent and no mainnet in sight, how do we know that it WILL be this year that we see the CMC reduction?

This has turned into a huge mess, please do your job. I speak for the investors of this project while I type this, I don't care about the cult mentality of your inner circle, but I care about the people who spend their hard-earned money on this project  Grin

fish doesnt care about investors i guess...maybe he already sold all of his xby  Cry
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
There is something cool on bitcointalk . . checking the posting history of members

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/neloc75-1573119
This is for Neloc

In one post you say:
. I sold ALL of mine not to get the price down, but because I lost faith. Restore my faith and I will buy in again.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-xby-ann-xtrabytes-because-the-blockchain-can-be-better-1864397

And in your very first post, you claim:
Show us proof that CCR registered the company

Ok. Here you go: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28358610

Try to direct message him (CCR) on discord. He will tell you that it wont be registered for 3 months.

Oh?  That's interesting

So, it would appear after about 5 mins of independent research we find a poster who is all over the place. Who questions one thing, gets the official answer to that one thing, and moves on to the next point.

Anyone is free to review posting history and always make sure to take motives into question when analyzing information.

I have posted an update about the patent on Reddit.  I will quote it here:
I'd like to take a moment to address the patent that many people seem keen on commenting about. I understand that the community wants news now. Believe me . . I wish everything was wrapped up tight in a shiny bow to present to the community and that everyone would be wholly satisfied with every avenue of progress here.

We will release more news about the patent when it is available. Even with the patent, development must continue and is indeed ongoing . .

Please be aware that when the patent registration comes, development will continue in very much the same fashion until migration to Zoltchain. Not much will change in that regard. Development progress continues now, and will continue with the patent registration.

Development focus is on the current testnet. If you would like to support the project in this fashion, by all means, participate.

Activity: 5
@Neloc75: What are you getting this from? Literally copied from the announcement: "Testnet #4 will include an updated client and several more components of the final XTRABYTES network. Users can expect a substantial improvement in network performance (meaning even faster transactions and confirmations)."

More tech components of the final network - plus they've addressed they will roll the testnet into the mainnet - it won't be a sudden shift but a gradual process, so what's the problem? I'm not really seeing any of your "concerns" here...

Besides, a price drop is what a market does. It's not always related to the project itself, as we all know bitcoin influences everything (just take a look at the top 20 graphs at CMC)
First of all, you address this as the final testnet (#4) - we're still on 3 which relates to the post. Testnet #4 will (I think?) run on the main chain and is coming after this one.

Have you ever been involved in patents? What do you want them to say? "We're still writing and optimizing our texts"? - they're working on them, it takes time to get them perfect - deal with it.

No, you got it wrong bigglet. I said that the testnet #4 was to run on the zoltchain (i mention that this is testnet 3, or at least implied it was testnet 3 that we're on), but if you read the reddit posts and everything else, the zoltchain will NOT be applied on the upcoming testnet that is due. Hence my point that they simply duped their investors. If they were honest and said "hey, the patent is due on x, but it's slow because of y", that would be fine. But they continue to hype the price and ignore the feelings of the lesser investors. It's not about "writing and optimizing texts" as you say, but about open honesty, and unfortunately as you have seen, it is quite lacking.

So you invested beliving that the next testnet would run on the zoltchain, are you saying that you aren't disheartened to watch the price plummet due to no open honesty about a project this size? And in relation this thread, if they act this way and cause investors to lose confidence, how would this project ever even reach the top 10 and stay? If you understand crypto, then you can understand that openness and honesty is tantamount to any community project...

I posted the link above to the reddit, but for proof that the upcoming testnet (testnet 4) will not run the zoltchain, you can find information on the reddit and inside the community.

What you refer to as the "upcoming testnet" is a continuation of the ongoing one with a more stable wallet and spamming tools. It's not the "4th testnet" per say and no one who is participating in the 3rd testnet right now understood it that way.
First of all, you address this as the final testnet (#4) - we're still on 3 which relates to the post. Testnet #4 will (I think?) run on the main chain and is coming after this one.

Have you ever been involved in patents? What do you want them to say? "We're still writing and optimizing our texts"? - they're working on them, it takes time to get them perfect - deal with it.

No, you got it wrong bigglet. I said that the testnet #4 was to run on the zoltchain (i mention that this is testnet 3, or at least implied it was testnet 3 that we're on), but if you read the reddit posts and everything else, the zoltchain will NOT be applied on the upcoming testnet that is due. Hence my point that they simply duped their investors. If they were honest and said "hey, the patent is due on x, but it's slow because of y", that would be fine. But they continue to hype the price and ignore the feelings of the lesser investors. It's not about "writing and optimizing texts" as you say, but about open honesty, and unfortunately as you have seen, it is quite lacking.

So you invested beliving that the next testnet would run on the zoltchain, are you saying that you aren't disheartened to watch the price plummet due to no open honesty about a project this size? And in relation this thread, if they act this way and cause investors to lose confidence, how would this project ever even reach the top 10 and stay? If you understand crypto, then you can understand that openness and honesty is tantamount to any community project...

I posted the link above to the reddit, but for proof that the upcoming testnet (testnet 4) will not run the zoltchain, you can find information on the reddit and inside the community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XtraBYtes/comments/7s0gcs/xtrabytes_development_update_january_21st/ (posted again for you)
Pages:
Jump to: