Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you still use MEW? - page 12. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
July 10, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
So my question to you is will you still use MEW? 
Yes, I'll still use MEW regardless of these hacks. I don't use hola so I'm fine with it.
Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?
Don't blame all the things to MEW, the users are also liable for installing and trusting such browser extensions.
The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
I'll continue to use them but I won't store that much amount to them.
Activity: 693
Merit: 120
July 10, 2018, 01:52:55 PM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Use MetaMask, it's infinite better than MEW, I used it from the moment I started in the crypto world(1 year) and never had any problems.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 10, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Pages:
Jump to: