Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 19. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Can We Run this software portable on a old computer  Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ 2GB Ram DDR2
OR NOT ?
OR IT WILL BE VERY LESS EARNING ? AND ELECTRICITY COST WILL BE MORE ?

IF WE RUN THIS PORTABLE SOFTWARE ON CORE 2 DUO 2.8 GHZ 2GB RAM EVERY NIGHT FROM 9 PM TO NEXT DAY 9 AM MORNING  WHEN COMPUTER IS NOT USED BY SOMEONE
THAN WHAT WILL BE EARNING PER DAY ?

You will earn with this old CPU not very much. Maybe round about 5-10 Cents when you mine 24h a day. Use a GPU when you want to earn something or a good CPU like AMD Ryzen 7 1800.

Grin Shocked  You Mean If I run win miner software with my core 2 duo laptop  not for 12 hours, But 24 Hours a day than I will Earn only 5 to 10 cents ? Not a Single or Half Dollar ? than there is no advantage on mining on this old laptop core 2 duo  

I think we must have at least corei5 laptop or desktop for mining   what do u think ?

Refer to this if you're thinking of mining with your notebook

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/06/mining-using-notebooks/

ok its not good to mine with a laptop but do you think a corei5 CPU is enough for mining using win miner ?
I have a core i5 in my laptop and I only got a few cents per day. Just download and run winminer on your laptop then you will know.
Activity: 77
Can We Run this software portable on a old computer  Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ 2GB Ram DDR2
OR NOT ?

IF WE RUN THIS PORTABLE SOFTWARE ON CORE 2 DUO 2.8 GHZ 2GB RAM EVERY NIGHT FROM 9 PM TO NEXT DAY 9 AM MORNING  WHEN COMPUTER IS NOT USED BY SOMEONE

You will earn with this old CPU not very much. Maybe round about 5-10 Cents when you mine 24h a day. Use a GPU when you want to earn something or a good CPU like AMD Ryzen 7 1800.

Grin Shocked  You Mean If I run win miner software with my core 2 duo laptop  not for 12 hours, But 24 Hours a day than I will Earn only 5 to 10 cents ? Not a Single or Half Dollar ? than there is no advantage on mining on this old laptop core 2 duo  

I think we must have at least corei5 laptop or desktop for mining   what do u think ?

ok its not good to mine with a laptop but do you think a corei5 CPU is enough for mining using win miner ?
Activity: 8
An additional suggestion, could we please have a setting to manually choose the coins we want to mine based on the algorithm?  Kiss It is a chore to manually set the coins you prefer to mine, and sometimes you forget a new coin that might be using the algorithm you prefer to mine.

For instance, my rig has 5 Vega 64 cards and I prefer to use them to mine Cryptonight related coins. Sometimes it's not easy to track which coins are Cryptonight based and which aren't, and I go to Whattomine and filter by algo, but it's not the most efficient way. So a filter like that would be welcome.

To do that, rather than restricting which coins you mine, you can restrict which miners you use. If you only want to mine cryptonight, just untick all the other miners in the "miners" tab.
Activity: 126
some more suggestions  Smiley based on my findings.. WinMiner Portable isn't as convenient as the classic install version because if there is a power cut, when Windows starts up again WinMiner Portable loses its settings. Which means...everything, from the mining mode -even if you had set it to Farm Mode- to the coins you manually set to mine (I usually choose Cryptonight based coins for the Vega cards, sometimes I set it to All Coins, it depends) and even your email settings and password, so you must set those again! -which can be quite the chore-

It happened to me today twice because the weather has been stormy and I lost a bit of time of mining because when I checked the rig it was doing nothing at all.

An additional suggestion, could we please have a setting to manually choose the coins we want to mine based on the algorithm?  Kiss It is a chore to manually set the coins you prefer to mine, and sometimes you forget a new coin that might be using the algorithm you prefer to mine.

For instance, my rig has 5 Vega 64 cards and I prefer to use them to mine Cryptonight related coins. Sometimes it's not easy to track which coins are Cryptonight based and which aren't, and I go to Whattomine and filter by algo, but it's not the most efficient way. So a filter like that would be welcome.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
OR NOT ?

Activity: 22
Thanks for all your effort you put into Winminer. I really appreciate it!
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
A mining App for Tablet or Smartphone would be also a great thing in the future. Great Software until now and way better then Nicehack. Good job guys!
Activity: 77
OR NOT ?

It seems to be working fine now. Is there a way to edit XMR Stak settings for WinMiner? (my bad I meant the GPU version, the version in WinMiner is only for the CPU)
Activity: 14
There was a reply from the WinMiner guys yesterday explaining a database performance issue (I think, I may be remembering incorrectly about the reason).

TheMightySpud

Yea they did. They also replied to a support ticket I raised about it, explaining they had a database issues and no data is lost.

I like the app, as daily earnings have been accurate. I hope they sort out soon.
Activity: 8
Yeah, they've been having some database issues over the last few days, probably due to unusually high traffic (mining profits are very high at the moment). If it's anything like the previous times this has happened it's just a delay, no data or rewards have been lost and it'll catch back up again in a bit.
Activity: 19
There was a reply from the WinMiner guys yesterday explaining a database performance issue (I think, I may be remembering incorrectly about the reason).

TheMightySpud
Activity: 10
Look back on the last 20 posts....numerous people have pointed out that the balances are currently stuck.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Somehow my winminer is stuck at 7.51$ for several hours now although I'm mining with ~ 3$/day. I checked the website and its stuck there as well. Relaunching the miner or stopping and starting didn't change anything -
 still stuck. Whats going on?

(Win 10, R5 1600X, GeForce 1050 Ti, 16GB RAM)
Activity: 14
Balance issues again I see....

WinMiner is on the cusp of greatness....I really think it could be an outstanding platform. Imagine if they offered PoW services as well?

Yup, 4 hours delay and counting.
Activity: 5
For the life of me, I can't get my Vega 56's to mine more than 900h/s on ETN using Winminer. I have the Blockchain driver, HBCC turned on, memory at 950mhz, yet they still basically run at stocks speeds.

Any tips on configuring differently? I don't want to BIOS mod to a 64, and I'd be happy hitting around 1400-1600 h/s.

Thanks! Include an address for a tip if you can help me solve this!

Every time you restart your pc, before launching your miner, go to Device manager, disable and enable the graphics card. Then run miner.
Balance issues again I see....

WinMiner is on the cusp of greatness....I really think it could be an outstanding platform. Imagine if they offered PoW services as well?
For the life of me, I can't get my Vega 56's to mine more than 900h/s on ETN using Winminer. I have the Blockchain driver, HBCC turned on, memory at 950mhz, yet they still basically run at stocks speeds.

Any tips on configuring differently? I don't want to BIOS mod to a 64, and I'd be happy hitting around 1400-1600 h/s.

Thanks! Include an address for a tip if you can help me solve this!
Activity: 19
Oh cool.

Thanks for the info.  I am currently using the Blockchain drivers, but will try without Wattman.  Thanks Smiley

As far as I am aware, it's not currently possible to mine different coins with the same manufacturer (unless I'm missing something)

Again, Thanks for the info.

TheMightySpud
So, this is now driving me absolutely insane.

I had a play around with a couple of things last night on my rig.

The 295x2 issue seems to be kinda sorted, bit weird as I just moved cards around in slots and it seemed to improve.

Only problem now is that my Vega is pathetic. lol.

See the attached pic for details.  No matter which slot the Vega goes into, the performance isn't anywhere near where it should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ya7mh65m4kz3h/mining.png?dl=0

Rig setup....

Biostar TB250-BTC (non-pro)
CPU - Intel Celeron 3950 (From memory anyway, could have that model wrong)
16gb Hyper-X DDR 2400
128gb OCZ SSD
EVGA 1000watt PSU
Corsair 1200watt PSU
1x nVidia GTX 980
1x nVidia GTX 1050ti (Also Display Card)
2x AMD R9 Fury
1x AMD R295x2
1x AMD RX Vega 56 (stock Bios, secondary bios flashed to Vega 64, not tested)

No overclocking.

All GPU's Connected Via Risers.

I've tweaked the settings for the Claymore miner (Eth intensity set to 4, secondary set to 30).

I know it's not an ideal rig in terms of power/benefit, but I'm using this to experiment and learn how it all works before getting a full rig set up and it's still profitable.

As I said it's really driving me nuts, so does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
TheMightySpud
use the Blockchain drivers for Vega -without AMD Wattman, just the driver-, enable and disable the Vega 56 in your Device Manager to get it to full speed. Also use OverdriveNTool. You have more info on that in the Cast XMR thread of this forum. Plus, with Vega it is a good idea to mine only coins that use the Cryptonight algorithm.
Pages:
Jump to: