Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 22. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Will you support paying in other currencies such as Etn and xrp?
And if if left my money in your balance for like a month and the currency i was mining got higher will you do the same to my balance?
Activity: 1
Hi,

I cannot create password, any clue? what problem is going on with your platform?
Got this message when trying:

Email validated, please set your password:
Server error, please try again later

Huh

Help, please...
Activity: 12
I want to try this up but winminer  always intercepted by my antivirus and the .exe is delete after the promt. any help on this one I'm using portable version

Yeah I have the same issue with bitdefender free. And there is no way to add a specific adresse on my harddrive to the exclusion. So I always have to turn off bitdefender when running winminer, really really unfortunate. I guess that's the limit of the free bitdefender version.

I haven't been mining in many many years, it's nice to just have a program setup everything, instead of using cfgminer(whcih was also fun but sometimes frustrating).
Activity: 153
Merit: 11
Can we select wich gpu will mine? Like nicehash2.
Yes we can.
Great tool.
edit: partial gpu selection is not supported at the moment ...
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
I want to try this up but winminer  always intercepted by my antivirus and the .exe is delete after the promt. any help on this one I'm using portable version
Activity: 126
Can winminer do dual mining?
And why does it only mine etn on my rig is it most profitable or should i choose which to mine?
yes, it always do dual mining -CPU and GPU- by default? You can choose with which devices to mine.

As for ETN, it has been by far the most profitable coin today. I've beaten my best profitability rates til now.
Activity: 6
Can winminer do dual mining?
And why does it only mine etn on my rig is it most profitable or should i choose which to mine?
I think I'm done with Winminer for a few days till they sort out idle business. GTX1080 rig, gone idle. I can't keeping manning rigs to make a buck..

You have several posts to try and responded to so I'll try and help as much as possible.

For the idle mining can you verify what mining mode you are running under, automatic, manual, farm. Automatic mode will mine as long as it detects that your system is idle for the allotted time, default 5 min. If it's a dedicated rig this in my experience is the worst mode to run in. Manual mode you hit start and it will mine until you hit stop, for mixed use machines this is the ideal mode in my experience. Farm mode is the best for running a dedicated mining rig.

You stated you were getting disconnect messages. Did you have the option to show command screen enabled and received the error there? If yes do you know what coin it was mining? Did you send an email to support at WinMiner.com to alert them of the outage? If/when a pool goes offline the system will retry automatically and move to a new pool after x number of attempts. If you are like me, you are impatient and don't want to wait for the x number to happen. In this scenario it's best to go into the coin tab and choose manual and deselect the coin that is currently offline, don't forget to re-enable it after the pool is back up though. If you sent an email to support they normally respond to let you know the pool is back up and thank you for reporting it.

I can't give you any advice on why you can only mine for 10-15 min as we have many machines that have been running WinMiner for months without issues. I'd see if you can narrow it down to a specific miner, coin, or if it's a process running on your computer.
very interesting post. Still, Idle mode is a bit of a hit and a miss. My laptop has a built in i7 GPU by Intel which is the one I use for everything except games and the 1050Ti and sometimes I am using the computer -though not the 1050Ti 'cos it is not the main GPU- and it is when it works in a more stable manner. As soon as I get away from the computer, most of the time it just remains iddle.

Some extra suggestions... Aside from the fact of having the possibility to choose your favourite coin to mine by device (CPU and GPU, or even amongst GPUs -but maybe that's just complex-), which I consider a MUST have...

It would be nice to have the programs main Settings function of the actual app in the web, so you can choose the coins manually on the web dashboard, switch from Idle to Manuel or Farm mode, etc etc
Activity: 14
I think I'm done with Winminer for a few days till they sort out idle business. GTX1080 rig, gone idle. I can't keeping manning rigs to make a buck..

I had it on Auto, will try manual. From the description, I think it will resolve that issue.

The random GPU dying may have been a result of not setting the PCIe speeds to Gen1/2.. testing now. But it seems with the blockchain drivers, it'll olnly allow max of 4 cards running on Gen 3.

Update: Setting to manual resolved issue or idling.

Changing PCIe to Gen 2 speeds resolved issue of cards randomly dying.

Thanks all

You have several posts to try and responded to so I'll try and help as much as possible.

For the idle mining can you verify what mining mode you are running under, automatic, manual, farm. Automatic mode will mine as long as it detects that your system is idle for the allotted time, default 5 min. If it's a dedicated rig this in my experience is the worst mode to run in. Manual mode you hit start and it will mine until you hit stop, for mixed use machines this is the ideal mode in my experience. Farm mode is the best for running a dedicated mining rig.

You stated you were getting disconnect messages. Did you have the option to show command screen enabled and received the error there? If yes do you know what coin it was mining? Did you send an email to support at WinMiner.com to alert them of the outage? If/when a pool goes offline the system will retry automatically and move to a new pool after x number of attempts. If you are like me, you are impatient and don't want to wait for the x number to happen. In this scenario it's best to go into the coin tab and choose manual and deselect the coin that is currently offline, don't forget to re-enable it after the pool is back up though. If you sent an email to support they normally respond to let you know the pool is back up and thank you for reporting it.

I can't give you any advice on why you can only mine for 10-15 min as we have many machines that have been running WinMiner for months without issues. I'd see if you can narrow it down to a specific miner, coin, or if it's a process running on your computer.

I had it on Auto, will try manual. From the description, I think it will resolve that issue.

The random GPU dying may have been a result of not setting the PCIe speeds to Gen1/2.. testing now. But it seems with the blockchain drivers, it'll olnly allow max of 4 cards running on Gen 3.
Activity: 48

@TeamWinMiner

I'm experiencing moments when the miner stops and goes idle and I have to restart manually after which my connection gets remotely closed by pool.

I'm also experiencing a random card stops to mine after about 10-15mins. I've run system for over an hour in a different pool with no issues.

Is there a ticket for this already? Any resolutions?

Specs
Z170 Pro gaming
G3900
6x RX570(mixed)
16GB RAM.
enjoying this program very much. However, it can be working on my laptop for a while, but sometimes for no apparent reason and usually when I am away from the computer even if it's just a minute, it goes to Idle mode and I have to click on Start. Why does it happen?

Now it's time for a suggestion... I use it on my desktop computer and my laptop. My desktop computer has a RX 570 and a Ryzen 1500X. The issue is that I found out via whattomine that the most profitable coin today for the RX 570 is Musicoin.

So I decided to manually select Musicoin and deselect the rest of the coins. By doing so, my CPU stopped to mine 'cos the coin can't be mined with a CPU. That's ok. BUT, I decided to add ETN to the list of coins to mine manually, and here is the issue...

WinMiner decided to avoid Musicoin altogether and mined ETN on both the CPU and the GPU, which isn't what I wanted. I wanted to mine whatever random coin on the CPU and Musicoin on the GPU.

Could you add please, the ability to manually select the coins to mine per device someday?  Smiley
And is there a way one can finetune amd cards for ETH and store that value? I don't want to be smashing the -dcri button every time your miner chooses to restart or changes from one ethash algo to another.

You can fine tune individual miners by going to settings->miners and then to the appropriate miner and entering your customization.

awesome! worked like a charm
Activity: 48
And is there a way one can finetune amd cards for ETH and store that value? I don't want to be smashing the -dcri button every time your miner chooses to restart or changes from one ethash algo to another.

You can fine tune individual miners by going to settings->miners and then to the appropriate miner and entering your customization.
Are the daily rate based off the reported hashrate (client-side) or calculated from submitted shares on pool-side. I suspect it's based of client-side hashrate as it doesn't seem to tie up with what I've earned.

WinMiner v1.99a is now released!
Fixed the reported idle bug.

thanks for this awesome program. I've started using it today and it is fun to use.

I wonder, though, if the Idle bug is solved. I downloaded the program today and the connection got lost for a few seconds and the program remained idle on my AMD Ryzen CPU and RX 570 desktop computer. But it is working fine now, all the time.

However, my laptop with a 1050Ti sometimes go idle for no apparent reason, even if I am using it. Dunno it it's due to a coin switch or whatever, but setting Winminer to restart after 1 minute doesn't seem to work when that happens either. You have the option to start it manually but that's not practical.

Happy new year everyone!

Right, is that the case?

I've been off winminer for about 4days, is this part of the new update, the delayed Stats? It wasn't so previously.
Activity: 8
I'm having issues with Statistics updating. Any solutions out there?

What kind of issues? All I've noticed is that it seems to update once an hour with an one-hour delay (so at 15:00-ish it adds statistics from 13:00 to 14:00), and that the timestamps are in UTC.
Pages:
Jump to: