Pages:
Author

Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC? - page 88. (Read 5916 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 09:01:22 AM
I think BTC will win the price at the end of 2018 because I see the positive trend of BTC hopefully many will support and can survive do not like at the end of 2017 which BTC down drastically
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 08:46:10 AM
ICOs will be refreshed if the price of eth increase again. Most ICO based on eth token erc20. Only few ICos use other platforms.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
May 15, 2018, 02:00:30 AM
I think that hows its competition both of them because bitcoin is a founder importance in this market both are being at their best improving as much they can.best of luck for team
Activity: 70
May 15, 2018, 01:55:56 AM
What do you mean by winner? ethereum cant surpass bitcoin's yet because it doesnt improve its network,bitcoin and ethereum has congested network that is why ethereum shares the same problem of scalability when it comes of handling transactions,confirmation of tx and small blocksize which is why ethereum cant as of now,bitcoin would still be the dominant coin in the market.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
May 14, 2018, 10:54:34 AM
Why should there be a winner here? Ethereum is not a competitor of Bitcoin. Each of these coins plays a own unique role and there will not be a winner and loser here.

It is true that there is no competition to start with. Bitcoin and Ethereum are both useful for us crypto users, and it is up to us on which we will use more often. These currencies only do their function and we are here not to just use it  but also observe what will happen in the duture, and see if it benefits well the users.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
May 14, 2018, 10:50:50 AM
Is it not still too early to call the shots? This is not even half way past the line in the year, so early winners are not guaranteed to be late winners. Besides, what is it with price declaring wins and losses? If a coin achieves more development like Bitcoin has and pushed past challenges like scaling and regulation, we should take it also into consideration. Ethereum is also in the middle of Casper regeneration, maybe that will make it more successful. In the end, winner or loser, can we afford to dismiss either?
Activity: 182
May 14, 2018, 10:48:36 AM
Ethereum and bitcoin will be the winners of this year in addition to many other altcoins. I am sure this year we will start to see big profits from now on. This natural altcoin and bitcoin season will also rise in price. but all coin prices depend on BTC. As BTC increases, other altcoin prices increase and vice versa
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
May 08, 2018, 08:17:35 AM
I think many here no matter who wins this year. If it is to grow bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies will not keep itself waiting long. Unfortunately we are very dependent on the most expensive cryptocurrency. But the pace of growth, I think that bitcoin that Ethereum will show roughly the same value. Of great benefit, none of these cryptocurrencies will not receive.
Activity: 336
May 08, 2018, 08:17:29 AM
I believe that in this year ETH price will increase much more percent than BTC price but I think BTC will still be the king of cryptocurrency world and ETH is impossible to take the 1st place of Bitcoin in this year only. For now, you can easily see that BTC price is nearly 10k$ while ETH price is just about more than 700$, it's a big problem for ETH Smiley). Not easy to solve this problem in this year only.
Activity: 362
Merit: 2
May 08, 2018, 08:14:30 AM
I think both coins this year will win, but the difference between their cost will remain the same like now. I see no prerequisites for ETH bypassed by the capitalization of bitcoin. Maybe that will happen, but not this year. I have BTC and ETH , so I'm not worried about who will be better in the near future.
Activity: 315
Merit: 13
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
May 08, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
Why should there be a winner here? Ethereum is not a competitor of Bitcoin. Each of these coins plays a own unique role and there will not be a winner and loser here.
Activity: 90
May 08, 2018, 06:36:08 AM
for my own opinion the winner this year is BTC again tell me why BTC .Becasue BTC still best option because of its limited supply only 21 million . But ethereum not having any details about max supply now showing 98 million circulating supply it may increase in future. But if you believe in ethereum to winner this year why not if the ethereum are win this year but probably BTC is the best for me and i think BTC again win for this year 
Activity: 364
Merit: 110
SPOKKZ
May 08, 2018, 06:27:19 AM
Not even half year is passed so saying who the winner of this year is would be wrong. But with so much good developmental updates coming for Ethereum this year I think it will be the winner and we should expect a massive bull run by the year end. As this much good news would surely increase the price tremendously.
So really, it's too early to say who will be the winner in 2018 because the year is not over and during this time there can be many changes in the crypto world. But I want to make a small forecast, I think ETH will be the leader this year and will grow strongly by the end of the year.
Activity: 101
May 08, 2018, 06:11:48 AM
If you question who will be winner in this year i think Bitcoin still be the winner. Maybe ETH just will be famaous rather than bitcoin in this year
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 06:00:00 AM
Bitcoin is still the leader in cryptocurrency space! Bitcoin is more popular and works fine in most jurisdiction world over. Ethereum is not known like bitcoin and bitcoin network is larger than that of ethereum.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 05:57:13 AM
I think that both these coins have equal probability to make good profit for 2018 year. Personally I prefer ETH that is really widely used as platform for other ERC-20 coins
Activity: 67
Merit: 5
May 08, 2018, 05:53:50 AM
If the competition which cryptocurrency would have the higher value in the end of the year, Ethereum still has a long way to go to beat Bitcoin.

When it comes to the number of Bitcoin users to the number of Ethereum users, Bitcoin still wins. Being the oldest cryptocurrency that exists making it the cryptocurrency with more users, investors, and miners.

But when it talks about the growth of cryptocurrencies, Ethereum wins because it is still young and is still far from its peak.

But feel free to use both cryptocurrencies to grab more and better opportunities.
Activity: 101
May 08, 2018, 05:27:34 AM
Bitcoin is the original Blockchain entity. Ethereum exploits the full potential of the blockchain. It puts the blockchain to work for purposes beyond the bookkeeping of financial transactions. I wouldn’t use the word “better”, but I accept the challenge of your question, which I rephrase thus: “Can Ethereum—or any altcoin—overtake Bitcoin?”. Ethereum is the brain child of a super-bright kid, Vitalik Buterin. Listen to him at Future Thinkers. Only a fool bets against this type of inspiration and genius. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are two different animals. They do not focus on the same market applications or services. Bitcoin facilitates cash transactions (and may someday even be recognized as cash), while Ethereum is a complex blockchain based contract mechanism. is not dedicated to moving and validating money. Although Bitcoin incorporates Smart Contracts (this intersects with Ethereum’s potential applications), Ethereum is a platform for a great many non-cash applications and services. Bitcoin will fold brilliant improvements into it’s own ecosystem. If another “coin” is open source, it is available for Bitcoin to copy. If it is closed, then no one trusts it. Because of the nature of open source projects and the momentum already imbued in Bitcoin, it is very likely here to stay. It has already achieved a two-sided network. It cannot be easily dethroned. It really is that simple. It is essential that Bitcoin survive. It is widely trusted, easily recognized, and has a global market of supply and demand. If it fails, the public may lose faith in all blockchain backed entities.
Activity: 532
May 08, 2018, 05:26:18 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

In my personal opinion, ETH will never be able to overcome the bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the symbol of the Crypto market, bitcoin is considered to be the core of Crypto. It can not lose ETH, investors and Bitcoin itself do not allow it.
Although ETH grows very well this year, it will never be able to overcome bitcoin.
Activity: 120
May 08, 2018, 05:23:09 AM
I want to see Ethereum become the winner because I invested in it. If it can surpass Bitcoin and become the king of the new cryptocurrency, I believe I will get a lot of wealth, but I think it is difficult. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: