Pages:
Author

Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC? - page 91. (Read 5916 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 102
April 19, 2018, 08:34:24 PM
I'm sure bitcoin still leads this year
especially if Lightning Network is officially implemented
and ethereum is still pegged to bitcoin, if bitcoin price rises then ethereum rises but if bitcoin price falls then ethereum price also goes down
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
April 19, 2018, 08:05:08 PM
Bitcoin will keep being the leader of all coins if you must know. Why at all do you want any altcoin lead the market? the moment that happens it means that the whole crypto world is in danger because majority of people trust bitcoin and even afterbuying the precious tokens from the various token sales, they change back to bitcoin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
April 19, 2018, 08:03:49 PM
of course btc will always be a leader even though all altcoin standart is based on erc20
it will not change the leadership of the first digital currency btc
BTC is the king. Others follow the king. ETH is future money too but to compete with btc it takes long time. Now eth price is 567 USD , hope it will back to 1000 USD. More tokens will climb up to. ICOs will be refreshed if the price of eth increase again. Most ICO based on eth token erc20. Only few ICos use other platforms.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 07:56:28 PM
BTC will keep its leadership and eth will always become the 2nd cryptocurrency
i believe there is no crypto can beat bitcoin
Activity: 378
April 19, 2018, 07:54:23 PM
Of course the winner still BTC, because altcoin is depending on BTC.
I can warranty or say that ETH will take over BTC, as long as crypto is use by people the btc will never lose to other coins because it is the king of cryptocurrency. So, do not worry if we holding btc because it is the best for future.
Activity: 182
April 19, 2018, 07:53:05 PM
What do you mean by winner? ethereum cant surpass bitcoin's yet because it doesnt improve its network,bitcoin and ethereum has congested network that is why ethereum shares the same problem of scalability when it comes of handling transactions,confirmation of tx and small blocksize which is why ethereum cant as of now,bitcoin would still be the dominant coin in the market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
April 19, 2018, 07:48:22 PM
If i am asked the winner of the year between ethereum and bitcoin i guess i will choose the bitcoin option because the price has been steady on an avergae much more that the fall of the ethereum. Thanks. Why do you think so? Ethereum is very stable, the price is always going up (faster than bitcoin) and i think that it is much more useful. We all know that bitcoin is the king, but maybe, ethereum is the 2nd alternative to everything.
First of all, we have to know that btc and eth are completely different things. Btc is the mother of all crypto, in the other hand, eth is just one of altcoins. And we have to know that the price of all altcoins is affected by btc. So when the price of btc going up, the price of altcoins are going up too. And also, when the price of btc is going down, the price of altcoins will going down too. That is the nature law and the certainty in the crypto world. So I cannot guarantee that eth will win over btc, or btc will win over eth. Anything can happen, actually. But I hope for the best for the both eth and btc. That is because I also invest into btc and eth.
Activity: 203
April 19, 2018, 07:31:37 PM
if i am asked the winner of the year between ethereum and bitcoin i guess i will choose the bitcoin option because the price has been steady on an avergae much more that the fall of the ethereum. thanks

Why do you think so? Ethereum is very stable, the price is always going up (faster than bitcoin) and i think that it is much more useful. We all know that bitcoin is the king, but maybe, ethereum is the 2nd alternative to everything.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
April 19, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

I see the development of Ethereum is increasing and more interesting. so Ethereum is in the spotlight of many investors. but although Ethereum is on the rise, Bitcoin remains number one by 2018.   
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
April 19, 2018, 07:24:32 PM
if i am asked the winner of the year between ethereum and bitcoin i guess i will choose the bitcoin option because the price has been steady on an avergae much more that the fall of the ethereum. thanks
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
April 19, 2018, 07:23:04 PM
Depends on what you mean.

If you are thinking in therm of growth.

Well ETH might do better next year.

Specially if you're comparing to the previoust one.

But Bitcoin will definetly stay the top dog.

Activity: 148
April 19, 2018, 07:14:19 PM
Ethereum cant sustain to be in bitcoin's position,it shouldnt be replacing bitcoin as the altcoins are created to support bitcoin and not to replace it.Ethereum has a good working platform which influenced 90% of the altcoins but it doesnt mean that it resolves the scalability problem of bitcon because it cant,as of the moment it just cant,but maybe in the future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
ETH could take the lead if some things are improved, and avoiding past mistakes such as cryptokitties, and the fact that the vast majority of icos are based on ethereum contracts gives the image that is the most friendly platform to develop a whole technological and routine ecosystem of everyday life, what the stronger currency would do. but bitcoin for being the first and who started all this I think it will remain for years in the first place, at least ad-honorem
Activity: 196
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun
April 19, 2018, 07:01:46 PM
Ethereum cant replace bitcoin not unless those financial institution allowe it to happen which is unlikely going to happen because bitcoin is going to be more massive and these altcoins are going to bleed anytime soon as bitcoin's value surged up once again.Ethereum is a good platform which is why it shouldnt be compare to its predecessor.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
April 19, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

I think bitcoin will always be in the lead. Nothing can replace to it. Although it experiencing the long run of downfall and it is very volatility, there's is no doubt that it will be leading all the time but there is also the fact that Eth has a good platform and better performance in the market that's why it is next leading to bitcoin but it can't replace to it. But we never know, maybe it can replace it or maybe it's not. However, for me bitcoin is the number one. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 19, 2018, 06:53:02 PM
Hello everyone!

I see a lot of price changes and developments of each coin. coins have improved quite well over the last few weeks. thus the competition between coins increasingly tight. but for coins number one 2017 and 2018 there is Bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
April 19, 2018, 06:52:01 PM
Ethereum shouldnt be compared with bitcoin,ethereum has a good working platform which influenced most of the new altcoins in the market.While bitcoin remained as the main cryptocurrencies in the market for years,leading its successors! this year wont be going to replace by ethereum because it doesnt make sense why would ethereum replace its position if ethereum doesnt resolve anything at bitcoin's network problems.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 19, 2018, 06:43:32 PM
IMO,ethereum doesnt qualify or fit to replace bitcoin's position yet because it doesnt resolve any issue,the network congestion? slow transaction confirmations? these should be resolved firsdt before we can say that a coin or anything can replace bitcoin,we should be more effective coin better than bitcoin and has some difficulty so that it will be more effective.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 502
April 19, 2018, 06:39:46 PM
Of course bitcoin will be winner of this year. Bitcoin is real coin but ethereum is an altcoin.

Bitcoin is always the leading one of all cryptocurrencies, but even if ethereum is an altcoin bitcoin was not pumping without those ethereum contracts that's been trading to bitcoin. The market always seeks the prescence of these platforms, but wait there's waves platform also and it remains silence for a while. Even this coin was not yet showing more progress, I guess time will this will over power ethereum. Altcoins really backed up how bitcoin became more popular, and without the alts I guess everything will be meaningless in the marketplace of the trading sites.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
April 19, 2018, 06:39:19 PM
I would say that because of its popularity so far ethereum beatcoin. This is probably the first time in all these nine years. This happened because bitcoin did not improve for a long time and did not eliminate its shortcomings, and after its sharp growth in December, showed itself as a financial bubble, and then fell into such a deep and long correction. Ethereum, on the contrary, has always behaved with dignity and stability, and the decline and growth in the price occurred smoothly. To date, I think that ethereum is still an extremely underrated coin.
Pages:
Jump to: