Pages:
Author

Topic: [WORLDWIDE]Bitmine - 950 GH/S 1500 USD - Next day delivery. - page 5. (Read 59748 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I have seen somewhere that increasing the dcdc voitage you can compensate the hw errors.
Is that correct?

If that is possible, then a bigger psu is needed?
Activity: 630
I have been using the dragon firmware for more than a month and hashes like a charm.
i recommend reimaging with the dragon firmware.  then if you would like to further tweak each individual board to get your best possible results from each one you can ssh into the raspberry pi and edit the run.sh file to increase/reduce the speed of each board.  I had to do that with the 3 units i ordered from them because there were way too many hardware errors once i imaged them to the dragon firmware because it runs all boards at 1000.  before i tweaked the settings none of the units were hashing above 850 at the pool level due to hardware errors.  so after tweaking the 3 units i had them hashing at 970, 950, and 920 at the pool level (internally shows higher but also has some hardware errors still).

1. image over to dragon firmware (default IP 192.168.1.134 i believe)
2. set your IP and pool settings
3. let it mine for 15 - 30 min so you can see where your hardware errors are per board in the miner.php page stats
4. ssh into raspberry pi (username pi, password raspberry) - you can also use winscp if you are less command-line savvy
5. cd /var/www (dont leave out the space after cd)
6. sudo chmod 777 run.sh (makes the file editable)
7. edit run.sh (nano, vi, etc.) scroll over through the line that runs cgminer and change the boards from 1000 to a lower number to reduce hardware errors.  you will notice there are settings in the cgminer line for 5 boards.  only the 1st 4 make a difference (unless of course you have a 5-module unit).  save your file
8. sudo chmod 555 run.sh (makes the file read-only executable.  if you skip this step any changes to the pool settings OR if you stop/restart the miner through the web interface then it will overwrite this file.  on the flip side if you make the file read-only then any changes to the pool you make in the web interface will not save.  you can still stop/restart the miner from the web interface)
9. sudo pkill cgminer
10. sudo ./run.sh
11. return to step 3 and repeat until you've achieved desired results (personally less than 1% hardware errors is the goal)
Activity: 728
I have been using the dragon firmware for more than a month and hashes like a charm.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Curious. I'm troubleshooting my latest delivery, slapped the dragon_image.img onto an SD, loaded her up, and my rig is hashing at 1THs.

Hmm.

Is there an official restore image we should be using for Bit-Tech products, specifically ?

Is the dragonminer image OK to use on these ?

EDIT: Derp, saw this earlier in the thread. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yz02suc4j24ium4/dragonboot-4BLADE-ENG.7z
Wondering if it's safe to use the other image that's floating around. It seems to be hashing away well...

Wow, it's hashing away at 1 TH/s consistently without issue rather than the 950 GH/s advertised?  Once I receive my miner in a day or so, should I use the image from the dropbox link or another one?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Curious. I'm troubleshooting my latest delivery, slapped the dragon_image.img onto an SD, loaded her up, and my rig is hashing at 1THs. (edit: was throwing a lot of errors. post below to change settings to 950 was very helpful)

Hmm.

Is there an official restore image we should be using for Bit-Tech products, specifically ?

Is the dragonminer image OK to use on these ?

EDIT: Official Bit-Tech image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yz02suc4j24ium4/dragonboot-4BLADE-ENG.7z
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Bit-tech, if shipped on May 30, why no tracking number yet???
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

Funny.  I was just about to pull the trigger thinking that at $1500 and with the current BTC exchange rate, I might just reasonably achieve ROI with these units.  Well, I guess not.  Hardware vendors don't really care about us making ROI, let alone making a little profit.  It's all about them and their bottom lines.

Activity: 226
Please pay attention to post 1500$ only 20 machines where left, this batch is out of stock now.

We cannot decide on the IC price unfortunately, Bitmine has seen that BTC went high so they have changed their IC prices, unfortunalty we cannot control the IC price since we are not the one manufacturing IC's.

legendary
Hi,

I have personnaly communicated Og Nasty the tracking No please contact him and ask for you tracking No:

otherwise

Please pay attention price changed.

What price change?  The last update a couple of pages prior was $1500 and the OP and title still shows that it is.  Did Bit-Tech just Bitmained us?

Activity: 714
Payment sent.

Lets see how fast i get the tracking information this time.
Activity: 226
Hi,

I have personnaly communicated Og Nasty the tracking No please contact him and ask for you tracking No:

otherwise

Please pay attention price changed.
Activity: 714
I got one of these and they are stable at 950 - 980GH.

@ bit-tech: I sent you another order via email, please reply as soon as possible.
legendary
The specs in the OP are as follows:

Code:
A1 Coincraft 28NM CHIPS
CASE SIZE: 43.5*44.1*16.2cm
WEIGHT: 15kg
POWER: 1300 watt PSU - 950 GH/s off the wall 980watt
QUANTITY: 32pcs /4 Modules
Typical: 25-26 GH/s per IC
Ethernet: Raspberry

Even at 26 GH/s per chip, 32 chips would only yield 832 GH/s (26x32).  So where does the 950 GH/s come from?  Can someone who actually owns this miner please verify that it indeed does 950 GH/s as stated on here?

The chips come overclocked in these machines to reach 950 GH/s.

I see.  Thanks.

Activity: 742

Code:
A1 Coincraft 28NM CHIPS

Even at 26 GH/s per chip, 32 chips would only yield 832 GH/s (26x32).  So where does the 950 GH/s come from?  Can someone who actually owns this miner please verify that it indeed does 950 GH/s as stated on here?

The chips come overclocked in these machines to reach 950 GH/s.
legendary

Code:
A1 Coincraft 28NM CHIPS

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
I also got my DHL Tracking # from OgNasty.

Currently in transit from Hong Kong to the USA.  Soon as I get it, I'll take some pics and let you know how it works.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I ordered this but still waiting even for tracking number. They said 3 days ago it was shipped but i would have call already from ups or dhl so i guess its still not :/
But anyway i can sleep well becousei used escrow by ognasty Wink

edit: nvm got tracking
Activity: 69
We have had a problem with someone spoofing our email, when you pay with bitcoins pay to the bit coin officially displayed on our Thread

Do not pay to any other bitcoin Wallet even if an email comes from us.

This is bad.
the following is emails sent on response to my inquiry sent to [email protected]

PLEASE tell me I haven't lost my money!

Could you please confirm receipt of BTC?

On 05/29/2014 09:42 AM, bill collan wrote:
> 2.67BTC sent
>
> txID:7282afa311ee7cd4cfaf922c3aaacb04c8b4cd014088dba77d5535944c96489f
>
>
> On 05/28/2014 11:10 PM, Ali Al-Robaie wrote:
>> Send 2.67 BTC to 1HwspPgZDUgWcPSeCieQ4yFG8qdYWDqMKm
>>
>> confirm and il ship
>>
>>
>> On 29/05/14 03:21, bill collan wrote:
>>> Qty: 1
>>> Item: Bitmine 950gh/s A1 miner
>>> Payment: BTC
>>>
>>> Shipping:
>>>
>>> William Collan
>>> 11 Crest Circle Dr
>>> Clarksburg, NJ, 08510
>>> 732-556-8105
>>>
>>>
>>
>

this payment is correct, we dispatched the package next day, il update you with tracking # on email. dont worry

Thank you Bit-tech.
Please be careful when you post information like that to consider people who have legitimate orders. I can tell you I lost sleep over this.
Activity: 115
so anyone bought the 1TH/s machine? is it ok? noisy? reliable?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
Bit-Tech you really should set up a proper ordering method via your website rather than taking orders via email. Its too easy for an attacker to pretend to be you and send your potential customers fake emails with fake BTC payment addresses. If you do have an ordering system on your site, stick with that rather than mixing the two together.

Scammers are probably trolling these forums picking up on which customers are intending to buy and making direct contact with them via email. By keeping the ordering and updating done via your site, and using for example, Bitpay rather than a fixed BTC address, you make it difficult for an attacker to interfere with your ordering process.
Pages:
Jump to: