Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 62. (Read 97039 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 28, 2014, 01:34:01 PM
Buying MAZA at ATH  Roll Eyes
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 28, 2014, 03:41:15 AM
Until now there is no worst bitcoin decision that i've ever made, because i'm still collecting bitcoin and trying to mining bitcoin, hopefully if i've collected bitcoin with mining, i am never made worst decision ...
Activity: 406
August 06, 2014, 03:13:40 PM
I started out late with bitcoin so my only regret is that I did not buy more when it was cheaper to invest in. Now it being worth a lot more it's not as easy to invest in bitcoins. The thought of how many bitcoins I maybe could have had and how much they may be worth now is just not worth thinking about.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
August 06, 2014, 01:35:05 PM
Pretty much gambling. Lost .6BTC+ at a time. I did earn quite a bit but I regret it mostly. The house always win in the end.

That's why just-dice was great. You could be the house. I lost 12 BTC to satoshidice. That was stupid.
Activity: 266
August 06, 2014, 12:15:41 PM
Pretty much gambling. Lost .6BTC+ at a time. I did earn quite a bit but I regret it mostly. The house always win in the end.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
August 06, 2014, 12:11:12 PM
Sold off too soon, and bought back during China bubble ...
Activity: 140
August 06, 2014, 11:58:49 AM
Sending money to vircurex after their first hack thinking "Lightning can't strike twice!"
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
That's a tough one. Probably selling more coins than I would like to admit in the $10 range. Tongue
Activity: 462
Merit: 253

After having cashed out all my bitcoins at 1K last November I refused to short bitcoin as I thought it was ''too risky'' (intimidated by the 10X increase in a month). Could have made a lot more shorting that epic China crash. Oh well.

This is not really a bad decision, more like not doing a good decision Wink

There would have been high risk in doing that, and you've done well in staying away if you were not confident enough.
Sure, it seems like it would have been easy in retrospective, but it could very well have crashed back to 200$ and stayed there for a long time.
Activity: 224
VocalPlatform.com
With enough foresight, smart research and productive discussion you can't make a bad decision with Bitcoin  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
After having cashed out all my bitcoins at 1K last November I refused to short bitcoin as I thought it was ''too risky'' (intimidated by the 10X increase in a month). Could have made a lot more shorting that epic China crash. Oh well.

Congrats on the sell timing anyway.
Activity: 1106
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
Activity: 141
the worst decidion was to sell all that litlle suckers for $100 last year cause I thought that sucker is totally overbought and must decline to $10 again and then I tried to buy some coins back in November 2013 which was another mistake cause that fat sucker Karpeles pumped the price up to $1,190 with his bots and then shut down his shop with all my bitcoins and $$ in it.  Hope Karpeles will never get out of jail and never see sun without steel bars before his eyes.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
My worst decision was to buy on the top in January 2014.
Actually this might not be a bad decision in the long run, if you don't sell them off in the meantime.
Just try to be patient and hold them.

In January we were @ 700-900$ if I remember correctly, if you buy some now you can have an average cost of around 620$ per coin which is very good compared to the upside potential
You would still be showing a paper loss as of now. If you were to need the funds then you would be forced to realize that loss.

It is not good to say "the price will go up in the future so I am doing well even though I am showing a loss now"

In you invest for long term, wait long term, no need to be depressed because you lost 10-25% on a high risk investment; if it makes you depressed it means you invested too much
Uhm...i don't think it's bounded to the sum, for example if i had 100 euros on a day/week or so and i would loose 10 it's only 10% but i would still be kind of depressed that i've lost them.

Didn't talk about a particular sum, said that if you are depressed to lose it it means you invested too much; in your exemple you would have invested too much
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Actually this might not be a bad decision in the long run, if you don't sell them off in the meantime.

In January we were @ 700-900$ if I remember correctly, if you buy some now you can have an average cost of around 620$ per coin which is very good compared to the upside potential
You would still be showing a paper loss as of now. If you were to need the funds then you would be forced to realize that loss.

It is not good to say "the price will go up in the future so I am doing well even though I am showing a loss now"

In you invest for long term, wait long term, no need to be depressed because you lost 10-25% on a high risk investment; if it makes you depressed it means you invested too much
Uhm...i don't think it's bounded to the sum, for example if i had 100 euros on a day/week or so and i would loose 10 it's only 10% but i would still be kind of depressed that i've lost them.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018

Activity: 519

You don't invest with money you need to live or might need in an emergency.  You invest only with spare funds you would have lost gambling or buying a guitar or something.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

I bought in January 2014 too, but that was not a mistake since it's a tactics of mine to buy over a longer period, I also got some at 420$ recently, because I buy every month, no matter what.

Ate you buying a set btc or dollar amount every month, or does it vary?

I buy a dollar amount about twice a month. It used to vary, but it's now steady. I also keep an iron reserve of dollars in a case of a deep dip.

That's smart. If only i could have enough fiat to do the same. I guess youa re true beleiver in BTC. If BTC becomes success, you are gonna be really rich and i wish it with all my heart for you.
Activity: 309

I bought in January 2014 too, but that was not a mistake since it's a tactics of mine to buy over a longer period, I also got some at 420$ recently, because I buy every month, no matter what.

Ate you buying a set btc or dollar amount every month, or does it vary?

I buy a dollar amount about twice a month. It used to vary, but it's now steady. I also keep an iron reserve of dollars in a case of a deep dip.
Pages:
Jump to: