Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 11. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
My presumption for bitcoin price when comes on will be decreased. Many people will probably withdraw their investment so that they can use it. When it happens other investors will surely sell also their BTC.
It may cause a large changes to the cryptocurrency because it may devaluate due to the catastrophic event. But still it will return to normal when crisis will finish.
Activity: 238
“The Future of Security Tokens”
I think that disasters will only increase possible BTC value because current situation supports the power of fiat money and if everything will change the power of fiat will be lowered as well.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Just the ways global disaster, political issues, war and festive season have positive and negative impact on the stock and forex exchange, same apply to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading generally, reason why you must follow the global trend and news regularly as global disaster is sure to have a negative impact on the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
If such would ever happen I think it could favor crypto users provided the show their humanitarian side by sending out some financial help through crypto and not fiat and in the long term when things get back to normal this could help the value of cryptos as this will show the world that there is a community out their that will come to their aid in time of need which could force people to take an interest in this digital community.
Activity: 280
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

I think after the global natural disaster of people's intentions would be turned to recover those things that they have lost so bitcoin would not be the thing that they would be concerned about in that time.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I'm thinking that the global disaster will shake the economy of the whole world, and if people will pay their attention on Bitcoin in that time thinking that it could help them, then the price will be definitely increased.
Activity: 173
cave canem!
Hi ! First message here.

My opinion it depends on the people who would stand at the steering wheel of world economy at that time, if they will point out bitcoin and its advantages for the world economy I think this would Leeds bitcoin and proper direction.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
Hi ! First message here.

What kind of disaster are you talking about? Lots of things are happening everyday and is not everything that happens that you hear about until it shows up on the news or so.

And all those kinda stuffs has nothing to do with Bitcoin, and like seriously, who even have time to be talking about Bitcoin when they in the affected area? You should be talking about survival and not even Bitcoin. But disaster doesn’t affect the price of Bitcoins.
Activity: 406
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
If global disasters occur in most of the countries where the majority of them are bitcoin users their impact might be strongly felt on the bitcoin value (if electricity and the internet can still be operated), yes at that time it may be almost in most users will sell the bitcoin they have for the cost of daily necessities, for example: medicines for health and food.
If disaster occurs I think that BTC could be used a lot to make money reserve and use better currency fiat. Bitcoin is becoming more popular and the support for Bitcoin is growing. I believe in the future of BTC and the cryptocurrency market will be very nice.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
Hi ! First message here.

Maybe it will affect because many people use cryptocurrency around the world and depends if how many people will affected from that disaster because if one country only maybe it can't affect the value in market.
Activity: 294
Hi ! First message here.

In my own opinion, it can actually decrease the value of bitcoins or a specific coin if one of the plant of a cryptocurrency mostly tokens or altcoins since it will slow down the transactions in the blockchain.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
If global disasters occur in most of the countries where the majority of them are bitcoin users their impact might be strongly felt on the bitcoin value (if electricity and the internet can still be operated), yes at that time it may be almost in most users will sell the bitcoin they have for the cost of daily necessities, for example: medicines for health and food.
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
It depends on a kind of disaster. If it cause to loss an electricity it surely affect the increase and decrease of bitcoin because people can't buy and sell ,can't trade,can't invest and can't use bitcoin without internet.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Certainly your question is interesting. And where I think that seeing if it increases or decreases would come depending on the magnitude of the catastrophic event and also we would have to see what specific sectors this event would affect
Activity: 645
Merit: 1
Global disaster can not affect bitcoin value,because bitcoin is cryptocurrency and things like that have no effect on it ,not even the government can affect the value of bitcoin
Activity: 756
I dont think that either would have an impact on bitcoin  Undecided

Sorry, man but you are wrong. I suppose that the global disaster will have a negative impact on Bitcoin. people will start thinking about the other things, not about the crypto.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
I think when there is global disaster ,it will not affect the value of bitcoin ,inthe market it will neither increase or decreases the value of coins in the coin market index, the only effects of disasters are the connections of power supply and internet will suffer a little bit .
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
In my opinion, the BTC has little influence on the world economy, and in the future, the BTC can grow and influence more.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I don't see how and why natural disasters and wars can increase value of Bitcoin. It seems to me that humanity will not be at all up to cryptocurrencies.

Agree with you. Maybe humanity will accept cryptocurrency if all the government's will legit in it. But it is very long to way.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
I think the bitcoin value is decrease because of disaster, many people need to buy something important to survive everyday like food, cloths, etc. They have no time to buy or invest in bitcoin because the important that time is your love ones/family. Hopefully this not happen in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: