Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 12. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
It's hard to answer what will happen because a lot of things are decided by which disaster exactly would happen...some may raise the price, some may do the opposite. We need a little bit more concrete question I guess.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
I think any global disaster will have a negative effect on bitcoin which will see it decrease in value. This is because there will be less economic activities and accessibility to internet services might also be a challenge.
I agree, I have the same idea, there will be disruptions in the internet if global disaster occurs, it will lead to a huge fall of price of bitcoin, especially if the global disaster strikes in the area where a lot of people use bitcoin. In my opinion the process will be slow if a global disaster occurs.
Exactly. I think so. What will happen if the catastrophic increase or fall occurs, will certainly affect directly to the market today. However, we often have clear plans. To cope with these disasters. The strategies will help investors stay firm in this market. I think so!
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
If there are small natural disasters, then in their zone the cost of crypto currency may increase, but if there is a global catastrophe, it is unlikely that anyone will be up to the crypto currency. People will learn to survive in a changed world. And if the Internet still exists at all, even national paper money can depreciate. In such cases barter and eternal values - gold, precious products will be valued.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
In my opion, if a huge disaster happens, the influence to crypto coin depends on the relative strength, and you can imagine the influence as a curve or spring, which can be curved but not bent.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Lets Go Adab
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

In my own opinion, global disaster can only affect a specific cryptocurrency because if the plant of the coin has been destroyed by a disaster then obviously the block chain will slow which will make traders unable to trader or send transactions.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Hmm disaster like wars or great natural disaster huh? I think they will give negative effect to bitcoin value. Because usually, if there is wars or great natural disaster, the country may be unstable, the economy can drop and i don't think people will ever care about crypto in the time like that. They will first think about their own safety, and have real money that they can use for emergency, and bitcoin is no help in any aspect, in my opinion. Even many could sell their bitcoin to help their living, and if many sell their bitcoin but the demand is little, the price will decrease, as well as the value. That's my opinion though.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I think any global disaster will have a negative effect on bitcoin which will see it decrease in value. This is because there will be less economic activities and accessibility to internet services might also be a challenge.
I agree, I have the same idea, there will be disruptions in the internet if global disaster occurs, it will lead to a huge fall of price of bitcoin, especially if the global disaster strikes in the area where a lot of people use bitcoin. In my opinion the process will be slow if a global disaster occurs.
Activity: 346
Merit: 102
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

A global catastrophe is definitely bad, and I can say that with any destruction, many people find great benefits. Accordingly, cryptocurrencies will be a tool in the hands of these people. I tend to believe that most of the black money is already in Monero or other coins. What happens next?...
Activity: 70
Activity: 219
This will definitely increase the value of this market to a lot. When disaster strikes, this market will be more interested people because they fear the disaster will bury their property. So everyone will invest in this market.
Activity: 238
I think that will affecting on market volatile but honesty I dont know. I think its like others financial market, that will make market wait and see. Hopely that will not happen because that will suffering people and need a lot cost to rebuild it
Yes, we call it news,Sometime when have some news, bitcoin price will increase or decrease depending on the good or bad news. It's like finances and stocks, everyone is scared every time there is a war and sell off their stock
Activity: 294
Hi ! First message here.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
Definitely, my friend!!
A war broke out that would raise the price of bitcoins when the bank becomes futile and people will think bitcoin is a safe place to store.

However, if a major war with the world's scope is completely different. The bitcoin price will fall sharply and collapse completely because it becomes meaningless in that circumstance.
Activity: 67
Bitcoin may be affected by failure in a very lethal way that drives their total Bitcoin loss. At that point the law of free market activity will kick in, and more and more demand, Lack of supply, Finally encourage expansion in cost. This will affect incentives for an increase. Noteworthy disasters on the planet can negatively impact Bitcoin estimates, given the fact that some people who have Bitcoin may be affected by failure in a very deadly way
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Well, it is true that we haven't faced any situation like that since the inception of cryptocurrencies. However, since it is something that is based on decentralisation I think any natural disaster would result in the growth of decentralized projects like Bitcoin. It will spread the risk across the world and it will save the database for the future.

That's why it is said that "A digital currency that would survive a nuclear war: the full Bitcoin transaction history, all the way back to the genesis block, exists in over 11,000 copies located in over 100 countries -- and that's just counting the copies running live." -Nick Szabo's Twitter feed
Activity: 91
I think war or natural disaster will not solve anything on the contrary.  If you take both, this is destruction, and how bitcoin will grow if there is no Internet.
Activity: 96
Let's hope that there will be no war, but perhaps crypto under such a situation can grow at times.
Activity: 2
I dont think that either would have an impact on bitcoin  Undecided
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
what disaster natural could even impact bitcoin? i personally think only an economic crises could slowly but surely impact bitcoin. other than that then no.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
But, war, natural disasters - we already have. But that it does not really affect the course of the cryptocurrency. It is difficult to imagine what should happen, that would destroy the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hi ! First message here.

The estimation of Bitcoin is influenced by numerous fundamental factors, however a noteworthy catastrophe on the planet can negatively affect the estimation of Bitcoin, in light of the fact that a few people who have Bitcoin might be influenced by the fiasco in extremely deadly way prompting the total loss of their Bitcoins. At that point the law of free market activity would kick in, and the more the request , the Less the supply, Ultimately prompts an expansion in cost. This would influence the incentive to increment.
Pages:
Jump to: