Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency? - page 17. (Read 42431 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
April 17, 2019, 05:29:01 PM
I don't think crypto is a good loan business with the current market situation. Getting to business with loan is risky and building a business with a crypto loan is very risky too.
Every business is risky and without risks everyone would get into this because the profit would be guaranteed. The thing is loan business is definitely more riskier that most businesses because this is the area where companies lose a lot of money. But as long as you are well organized and know how to manage your clients I don't see why this wouldn't work.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
April 17, 2019, 05:27:55 PM
Such platforms are quite interesting because they will find their users anyway. I think that many people would like to use crypto borrowing, so I support such projects.
Activity: 251
Merit: 10
April 17, 2019, 05:26:30 PM
I don't think crypto is a good loan business with the current market situation. Getting to business with loan is risky and building a business with a crypto loan is very risky too.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 17, 2019, 05:00:41 PM
As long as I join a crypto currency, I have not heard that there are parties offering loans in crypto currencies. If indeed there are parties who offer loans in crypto currency then this is a great breakthrough because it can provide capital to those who have financial limitations. If indeed there is borrowing in the form of crypto currency then I am one of those who will take advantage of this convenience. Besides that, I hope there are also those who offer crypto currency insurance. In this very volatile crypto currency, insurance is an option to guarantee our crypto currency.

What cryptocurrencies would be best suited for such an business? Or would it even matter if you were to borrow in BTC, LTC, ETH or any of the bigger cryptos out there.

Read about MaxiCredit and Maxit:
https://maxicreditcompany.com

Activity: 826
Merit: 103
April 17, 2019, 04:42:38 PM
As long as I join a crypto currency, I have not heard that there are parties offering loans in crypto currencies. If indeed there are parties who offer loans in crypto currency then this is a great breakthrough because it can provide capital to those who have financial limitations. If indeed there is borrowing in the form of crypto currency then I am one of those who will take advantage of this convenience. Besides that, I hope there are also those who offer crypto currency insurance. In this very volatile crypto currency, insurance is an option to guarantee our crypto currency.

What cryptocurrencies would be best suited for such an business? Or would it even matter if you were to borrow in BTC, LTC, ETH or any of the bigger cryptos out there.
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
April 17, 2019, 04:38:19 PM
Activity: 826
April 17, 2019, 04:37:36 PM
Crypto is not unpredictable in short term, so if you would like to borrow, then better to look for s long term like a year or two.
Before borrowing, think of it that the money you will use for buying crypto can swing from time to time. And as much as possible, not just a long term like around those years but you should be able to understand on what you are buying.

You mitigate the risk and you are dedicated with that decision because once the market dip, you may never know on how long you need to wait and when it will start to recover. These are the few points before borrowing and actually there are plenty of it.

Fluctuation risks could be at least somewhat mitigated by borrowing in a stablecoin or a basket of stablecoins. Maybe stablecoins are the future for cryptobanking. Who knows.
Yeah you can mitigate it that way but we are all in crypto because of the volatility, usage and the potential profit that we may get from accepting the risk of being volatile.

What would be the purpose of investing with borrowed or your very own money if you will just by stable coins? their value never change and you are likely to get exact amount with what you invested.
I don't see any good reason taking the risk without any expected outcome benefits, most of us if not everyone are aiming for potential profits so it's really about making money with your investment or even with the lend money that you will be investing inside this market, if you really believe and you have passions to learn more about this industry, borrowing money for the sake of much better results can be performed.

Well, lets just think about borrowing in for instance BTC, you invest that borrowed amount in fiat account, BTC drops, you buy back BTC at lower price and pocket the profit.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
April 17, 2019, 04:26:22 PM
Crypto is an asset that tends to go up in value. When you borrow something that increases in value you have to pay back more interest.

That doesn't make borrowing crypto to spend it on things you need like cars and houses a good idea but it's still a good idea if you're using it to get more crypto.
There are also great moves like borrowing a shitcoin that goes down in value and using it to buy a better one.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
April 17, 2019, 04:16:03 PM
I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?
there is no need for me till you like the situation is happening but no one will say I don't want money everyone needs money but but the the position and his normal life mein der person to borrow the cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
April 17, 2019, 03:24:36 PM
Borrowing itself is pretty risky but as a gambler and lender for it i can tell it can go pretty ugly for both sides on an upward trend in price. For example i had a total of 1000 usd taken as loan which at the 19990 ath was around 30000 usd.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
April 17, 2019, 03:16:47 PM
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

Whenever I never borrow any crypto and Bitcoin in this business industry. It is too risky if you do it here, they will ask for sure a collateral
from you which is not good. So if I were you don't you ever try do it, due to it can wreck you in the end believe me on that things mate.
I think it is not that bad if you are getting profit for it, if you will borrow some of your bitcoin it will be profit able business but you can also keep holding it by your own self, so it seems hard to take this decision but it is not impossible as some people use to do this, they borrow it and make worldwide business.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 17, 2019, 11:24:44 AM
If the price volatility is actually very low and is almost stable in price, then yeah I guess people won't hesitate to borrow funds using crypto currencies. In fact its going to be extremely easy for them to borrow money in terms of crypto currencies. Just few clicks and it's done. I know trust would be an issue over here, but then again, involving a third party institution means you will be sacrificing financial freedom.
The case would be different if the prices were extremely volatile. The complexity of giving loans would increase.
Activity: 1260
The OGz Club
April 17, 2019, 11:02:32 AM

If not please tell why?

Whenever I never borrow any crypto and Bitcoin in this business industry. It is too risky if you do it here, they will ask for sure a collateral
from you which is not good. So if I were you don't you ever try do it, due to it can wreck you in the end believe me on that things mate.
I agree, I am also not interested in making a loan in cryptocurrency because it is too risky, I also do not recommend doing it because each loan definitely needs collateral, think again if you want to make a loan because one day it could be a loss for you, better invest when you have more funds
copper member
Activity: 232
April 17, 2019, 10:59:26 AM

If not please tell why?

I don't like to borrow in cryptocurrencies even in low prices. I prefer on my own ability rather than borrow for any crypto investment. I have small capital and i depend on it.
copper member
Activity: 308
April 17, 2019, 10:59:18 AM
Cryptocurrency is a high risk investment, borrowing in Cryptocurrency should be for the learned and very experienced, a lot of persons have burnt up their capital in crypto and if one is very naive and have very little knowledge about this space, such is likely to happen. Personally, I have never done such despite how long I have spent here and the it is similar reason I avoid margin trading in bitmex
Activity: 159
April 17, 2019, 10:57:57 AM
I don't think borrowing is a new thing. Currently a coin does that though more like loans. I will only borrow BTC or ETH as they are major indicators. For NExo giving out crypto loans, you'll need to deposit all your tokens with them and you'll borrow a loan that's within the worth of the total sum of your crypo portfolio.
Activity: 546
April 17, 2019, 10:47:25 AM
A lot will depend on how much volatility there is, because there are opportunities to simply take money in time and then not give anything back, because cryptocurrency has risen in price. This is very cool.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
April 17, 2019, 09:57:17 AM

If not please tell why?

copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 2
April 17, 2019, 09:36:51 AM
Borrowing in cryptocurrency could be very risky considering the volatility of the market and the fact that you will have to pay interest on the amount borrowed which may be compounded, depending on the agreement. My advice is to only use your extra funds or an amount you don't need for a long time.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 106
April 17, 2019, 09:33:16 AM
 A loan'c service is a voracious pit. I think that at this stage a cryptocurrency loan will not bring any profit to either the lender or the borrower. Let me give you an example of fiat:in the countries with unstable economies  it isn't recommended to take a dollar loan even in banks.
Pages:
Jump to: