Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency? - page 20. (Read 42431 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 17
April 14, 2019, 11:59:40 PM
I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

There are several cryptocurrency that have low volatility price, for example USDT.
I think we can borrow in cryptocurrency in USDT, your borrowing value won't decreasing if crypto market goes down.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
April 14, 2019, 04:22:52 PM
borrowing in cryptocurrency is not an option for me as the prices fluctuate too much. the risk would be just too big for me, that i have to pay much more back (calculated in normal money), as i borrowed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 14, 2019, 04:11:06 PM
I don't really know how that works and what type of framework put in place to facilitate borrowing of Crypto and if at all its going to work it will be more rational with stable coins like bitcoin and ethereum or bitcoin cash
Activity: 549
Merit: 100
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
April 14, 2019, 04:09:09 PM
Borrow something that is very volatile? That's crazy. For example, you borrowed 1 BTC and then you get $3,000 for cashing it out. Now, you have to spend $5100 to buy BTC and return it. And we are not yet talking about the interest.

You are correct regarding the volatility of cryptocurrency but the OP is stated that what if there is a coin or token that has a low volatility or maybe a stable coin like Tether, would you borrow or not?
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
April 14, 2019, 04:04:28 PM
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?
I am afraid of borrowing and try not to take them,and especially would not do it in cryptocurrency.it is not too stable and risky,took one amount,and will have to return another.
Is not it equivalent to getting funded by someone to speculate in cryptocurrency? I think it is and in my opinion, I would go for it particularly in the time when the market prices of Bitcoin are rising. If anyone is willing to lend me his coins, I would borrow it for sure and will return it after it is all time high in the market. If it was not all time high, I would at least give me some money but it is risky I know but worth going for.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
April 14, 2019, 04:03:46 PM
I haven't borrow any penny in cryptocurrency before and I think it will never happen because I have this bad gift that never I borrow from someone to even set up a business things will go bad so its not my way to borrow

I don't see borrow in this industry has a nice idea,because the market is very dicy and any can happen at anytime, in most cases cryptocurrency investment is a long term thing and not short term, if there is need for any one to invest is advised starting with your personal funds.
Activity: 887
Merit: 100
April 14, 2019, 04:01:15 PM
Borrowing is not good for whatever reason.
I will never support anyone to borrow and invest in Cryptocurrency.
It's a very risky venture.

but sometimes there are some people who can only go through that way to be able to start their business so that I think it depends on how things are.
but that doesn't mean if I say borrowing is good but in some conditions it's not too bad.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
April 14, 2019, 03:58:50 PM
Borrow something that is very volatile? That's crazy. For example, you borrowed 1 BTC and then you get $3,000 for cashing it out. Now, you have to spend $5100 to buy BTC and return it. And we are not yet talking about the interest.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
April 14, 2019, 03:54:38 PM
Everyone makes his own decision about investing. Just one rule should be taken in consideration - invest only those money that you can loose without crying of it.
Activity: 406
April 14, 2019, 03:48:37 PM
I have no reason to borrow crypto, so I don't borrow it. Borrowing crypto is very risky so it will be a heavy burden if all of it is lost or cannot manage it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
April 14, 2019, 03:45:32 PM
It is risky here. You told if the volatility is small. But there is any coin that gives guarantee of low volatility. Even tether can drop down. It is possible.
copper member
Activity: 84
Atronocom
April 14, 2019, 03:18:59 PM
Borrowing is not good for whatever reason.
I will never support anyone to borrow and invest in Cryptocurrency.
It's a very risky venture.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
April 14, 2019, 04:36:40 AM
As much as possible I would avoid borrowing in cryptocurrency for a single reason.  The volatility.  Even though it is that low, the possibility of an altcoin to spike more than 100% is very possible.  We borrow token because we currently low at it and possible to sell it for fiat money, so when it spike more than 100% it will definitely make it harder for us to repay it, and if we failed to pay it, our reputation suffer.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 14, 2019, 04:35:14 AM
As a general rule, borrowing is bad, especially in or for cryptocurrencies. During the bear market, many people who took out loans to invest in crypto defaulted on their loans, thus ruining their credit history and lives. Some businessmen will take a loan denominated in a cujrrency they believe will fall relative to another, but this is the exception rather than the rule, and is done with careful consideration.
Activity: 426
Merit: 10
April 14, 2019, 04:32:34 AM
I would advise to just trade cryptocurrency. Unless of course you understand this. But in any case, you can choose the way that you like. Now trade is the most profitable thing that really brings money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
April 14, 2019, 04:25:29 AM
I don't want to do KYC to borrow some some cryptocurrency. This site has high interest on this currency even low price.
What site are you actually talking about? As far as I see in this thread there is no site stated on OP and no site was quoted by you by any user. Smiley. But if you will borrow cryptocurrency, of course you need to do KYC(if needed) it's because KYC is important for those lenders to secure their money in return.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
April 11, 2019, 04:16:52 PM

If not please tell why?
Borrowing crypto is for higher forum members not newbies and Jr. members. How to do intend to pay back the loan anyway? You need to get higher ranks before asking for a loan.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
April 11, 2019, 02:05:19 PM
Maybe yes, if i can get some profit, but is hard these days to know if is possible to get back funds or they are lost, but to borrow on a bank in crypto we will don't see soon that option.
If it is good to make this as you business or if someone becomes agree to give you return you can think about it but I think it is hard to trust someone in this matter of currency and borrow in crypto currency. Actually people are now so clever they want crypto but sharing their profit, I think it is better hold your own.
Activity: 1036
April 11, 2019, 12:58:24 AM
I personally do not really like the loan, because the price of cryptocurrencu is very volatile, if we borrow when the cryptocurrency price is high, and a few days later the crypto price decreases, then we will get a loss, so if I suggest we invest our funds first first, even though our funds are small but that is our own funds.
Activity: 728
April 10, 2019, 04:48:38 PM
I do not see the stability market that would allow me to say yes. The risks that debt will grow many times over a short period of time is too great. The idea is good, but for the future. Today my answer is no.
Pages:
Jump to: