Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you gamble your (or your child's) school fund? - page 8. (Read 2511 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Definitely not. That is something I would never do. If ever you feel like you are bound to do this in the future, then ask your mom or anyone in the family to hold the funds or deposit it directly. You can get into a lot of trouble in your life if you handle money important in your life irresponsibly.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Well, I would say that I did this back in 2014. My mother already deposited all the money I need to pay for school for the year and also some allowance for my daily needs. I gambled around half of it on NBA odds. I lost that half. So I lived on really cheap food and really avoided buying anything. I even tried to avoid buying things I need like books just to save money. Was a gruesome year for me, luckily I got through. Wouldn't do that again.
How bout you guys, would you do it?
Wow, buddy why would you even think about doing that. I would never even touch that money, I would let it sit back in my bank account for good. I don't think i am much of a gambler i have pretty good control  Cheesy damn man you really did make a very wrong decision.
Activity: 397
Merit: 101
Man, that's a great risk! You should have not done it. That money wasn't yours to gamble. That money was intended for you school dude. I wouldn't do it if I was in your place. I abide by the rule gamble only what you can afford to lose. In your case, you had no right to gamble that because you cannot afford to lose that money.

Haha I did that a few years ago when the school but I spend it when approaching the end of the month
because usually I was given money at the beginning of each month so not too disturbing my activities
I also remember some of my friends experienced the same thing with the OP  Cheesy
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
Well, I would say that I did this back in 2014. My mother already deposited all the money I need to pay for school for the year and also some allowance for my daily needs. I gambled around half of it on NBA odds. I lost that half. So I lived on really cheap food and really avoided buying anything. I even tried to avoid buying things I need like books just to save money. Was a gruesome year for me, luckily I got through. Wouldn't do that again.

That's craziest thing I heard today, you have the bold, man, no doubt about it. May I ask, do you think of losing or prepare for it before you actually gamble half of your school fee? Or maybe you never really thought about losing that bet? Personally, I will never do the thing you did, but I did done some crazy shit like gamble my whole month salary and of course end up losing it all, leave me no choice then I have to lend some money from my family.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
What the heck, you really did that? That's epic!!! Lucky that you made it til the end. I am sure lots of diet, abstaining on gigs and night outs and of course, lots of time in the library since you've said that you can't even buy a book.

Honestly I never did that for the sake of gambling, but I once pawn my phone due to a thing that I really need to buy and I can't wait anymore and told my mother before that I left it to a friend. But I got out of that too without my parents knowing it.  Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
Man, that's a great risk! You should have not done it. That money wasn't yours to gamble. That money was intended for you school dude. I wouldn't do it if I was in your place. I abide by the rule gamble only what you can afford to lose. In your case, you had no right to gamble that because you cannot afford to lose that money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514

Pages:
Jump to: